AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was stepdad due to come home that night anyway? If he was, maybe Sebastian was scared of any potential consequences for things he may have done that would piss of stepdad and ran away. Maybe mom was saying better not do that, stepdad coming home. Could be totally overwhelmed?

I've had trouble sleeping lately, and that causes my brain to come up with all manner of the things.

I learned about this case well after the fact, so this may have already been discussed.

Why does his Amber Alert flier say he was last seen on February 26 when according to Katie, she last saw him around 9 p.m. the night before?

Was stepdad due to come home that night anyway? If he was, maybe Sebastian was scared of any potential consequences for things he may have done that would piss of stepdad and ran away. Maybe mom was saying better not do that, stepdad coming home. Could be totally overwhelmed?
I don't know, but I wouldn't think so as I would expect that stepdad would have to work the next morning, which was Monday.

My dad worked out of town for 3 of my 4 high school years. He always came home on Fridays.

That’s a good question. Everyone asked when he was last at home but I haven’t heard anything about when he planned to return home. Sunday night he went to bed in the camper, it seemed that he was planning to (or was at) work Monday bc he didn’t return immediately after the missing phone call, he arrived sometime in the afternoon. He was odd about revealing what time he actually arrived, not wanting to put the “time line” out there.

In the NG interview yesterday, she asked CP when he was last at home and he said early February, and didn't go home again until the 26th when Sebastian went missing. But then in further questioning it seemed that he had been back between those two dates, but LE didn't want him to say which dates.

Because that's probably a HIPAA violation, or something.

It was very contradictory. Very obviously contradictory.

I know I shouldn't assume, but I'm thinking that all sets of footwear were accounted for because they're not listed as missing. I have not read anything though stating specifically that all footwear were found in the home.
Yes, Seth revealed that Sebastian had 3 pairs, 1 pr. old tennis shoes, 1 new pr of tennis shoes & 1 pair of new boots.

The slippers that come up occasionally are at Seth’s house.

I'm not a parent, but to all you parents out there, I have a question.

KP said in the NG interview that they assumed Sebastian was still wearing the clothes she last saw him in when he went to bed, because they were the only clothes that were missing.

Do you keep a close enough inventory on your 15-year-old child's clothing to know if one shirt and one pair of pants is missing?

Also too. I've never heard of a missing child's parents inventorying the child's clothes to ascertain which ones are missing.

It's always something like "Last time I saw them they were wearing footie pajamas with pandas." End of story.

Never "and now those pajamas are the only things missing."

Makes no sense to me.

Also too. I've never heard of a missing child's parents inventorying the child's clothes to ascertain which ones are missing.

It's always something like "Last time I saw them they were wearing footie pajamas with pandas." End of story.

Makes no sense to me.
I believe in the NG interview, KP said that she knew what he was wearing when she sent him to bed, and that when she checked his hamper (I’m assuming hamper) she didn’t see those clothes, so figured that’s what he was still wearing.

In all honesty, that’s probably the same thing I would do. I don’t always remember everything my kids wear, but if what they were wearing the last time I saw them isn’t in their hamper, then I know it’s still on them or missing.

I believe in the NG interview, KP said that she knew what he was wearing when she sent him to bed, and that when she checked his hamper (I’m assuming hamper) she didn’t see those clothes, so figured that’s what he was still wearing.

In all honesty, that’s probably the same thing I would do. I don’t always remember everything my kids wear, but if what they were wearing the last time I saw them isn’t in their hamper, then I know it’s still on them or missing.

She said nothing about a hamper.

These are her words:

"That is what he went to bed in. And the reason that I believe he was still wearing those clothes is because when we searched, I did not find those clothes in the house, so I have to assume that that's what he was still wearing."

So. By that logic Sebastian had exactly one pair of those pants and one of those shirts.

Not buying it.

Last edited:

Silly story but I always studied crime and watched true crime shows so probably the reason why; my children were 2 years apart. Whenever we traveled, I would dress them alike. And the reason I did it was because if one was lost or wandered, I knew I would panic so I could just say he was wearing the same outfit as his brother.Thank God it never happened.
In terms of last sighting of SR reporting to be Monday morning, I remember in one article I read that KP said that she had heard the thump or noise in SR's room around 12am midnight. Since technically, that's the morning of a new day, that's how it was reported. However, I was head scratching when I heard in an interview that KP said it was around 9pm on Sunday. It's all very confusing. And it wasn't an actual sighting, it would have been hearing his voice.

KP said in the NG interview that they assumed Sebastian was still wearing the clothes she last saw him in when he went to bed, because they were the only clothes that were missing.

Do you keep a close enough inventory on your 15-year-old child's clothing to know if one shirt and one pair of pants is missing?

I have a son around his age, and I personally wouldn't notice, but my son is very social and is always letting friends borrow his clothing and vice versa. He does his own laundry, so I don't really pay attention to his pants and shirts. Now if it was something like an expensive hoody that I bought for him, yes I would probably notice.

Makes no sense to me.
Sebastian has been going through a growth spurt, 2 of the 3 pairs of his shoes were new bc he had outgrown his old ones. Asked if he had possibly left wearing an old pr Seth said no bc KP gets rid of things as he outgrows them. Maybe they had recently gone through his closet and removed things that don’t fit? Or possibly these items were favorites? The description of Sebastian’s clothing did change once, the black pants became black w/ white stripe & the black shirt had a character.

No way would I have known which clothing was there and which was missing from my teenagers closets/drawers, unless it was a favorite dress or sports jersey that was missing. I think I might’ve guessed correctly what they were wearing last time I saw them within 12 hours or so, but there would always be the good chance they had changed 2 or 3 times since then. Because…teenagers!

Honestly, under normal circumstances, I probably would not … Unless it was a favorite outfit that he was fixated on wearing with increased frequency/nearly all the time that happened to go missing. (e.g. When the Super Mario Bros. movie first came out, for a while, my son would ALWAYS want to wear his Mario Bros. shirt as much as possible. If that had disappeared last spring, I would have noticed.)

just catching up with everything and oh my the interviews are not flattering for CP.
He straight out admits to abusing Sebastian ( belt , throwing toys). I have never seen such a bad interview of parents who's child is missing, they also moved?!

Im on the fence as to what happened. Some days I think something nefarious has happened other days that he ran away.

Flashlights seeing around the house and flashlight missing from the house is definitely strange. So like he would take a flashlight but not the shoes? Flashlight seems like a preparation to leave in the dark and if someone prepared to take it they would definitely take shoes. Odd.

I’m not a parent either but I wouldn’t even be able to tell you which of my own clothes were missing.

When I lived at home though my mom could have. I wouldn’t assume most parents could though. I thought that was a quirk of my mom’s.

ETA: if he had favorites he always wore then that makes sense and I would notice for myself and likely for someone I lived with if their favorite clothes they always wore were gone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member