GUILTY TN - Daniel Baker, Dickson County Deputy, Slain, 30 May 2018 *Arrests*

Steven Wiggins sentencing: Closing arguments, jury deliberations expected Thursday

Wiggins waived his right to testify on his own behalf. The state called one witness during rebuttal Wednesday evening. Closing arguments and deliberations are expected to get underway Thursday morning.

A jury found Steven Wiggins guilty of murdering Dickson County Sheriff’s Office Sergeant Daniel Baker. Now it’s in their hands to decide whether Wiggins receives the death penalty, life in prison without the possibility of parole or life with the chance of parole.

Will be away for next few hours if someone would like to post tweets

Prosecution has finished closing arguments. Now defense begins.

Defense finished their closing arguments.

Defense objects to the prosecution playing Sgt. Baker's bodycam at the prosecution's rebuttal closing.

Last edited:
Bodycam footage will be allowed. Jury returns and state begins closing argument.

Just returned.
Defense has completed closing arguments.
Prosecution just began closing arguments.
Do I have above correct?

Last edited:
Just returned.
Defense has completed closing arguments.
Prosecution just began closing arguments.
Do I have above correct?
Yes, the prosecution went first, then defense, now prosecution rebuttal.

Yes, the prosecution went first, then defense, now prosecution rebuttal.
Thanks for clarifying. I thought it would all be finished by now. Clearly, I'm a little light-headed from novocain at dentist.

Jury now deliberating on penalty. In recess pending return of jury.

Last edited:
Guesses on time it takes for a verdict?
Oh this is tough. I think the penalty verdict won't come in as quick as the guilt verdict did (about one-and-a-half hours). Those mitigators will have a big influence. Your thoughts?

Oh this is tough. I think the penalty verdict won't come in as quick as the guilt verdict. Those mitigators will have a big influence. Your thoughts?
I think about four hours. The prosecution did a very good job in his closing argument and then in the closing rebuttal I thought.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back