GUILTY TN - Daniel Baker, Dickson County Deputy, Slain, 30 May 2018 *Arrests*

I think about four hours. The prosecution did a very good job in his closing argument and then in the closing rebuttal I thought.
Yes, I think by end of the day. The jury has been sequestered about 10 days I think, and most likely wants this over.

Death, LWOP or a life sentence with a chance of parole?

The Defense's mitigators really got to me. I had to stop watching the testimony. Wonder how strongly the abuse testimony affected they jury.

LWOP. I used to, but I don't believe in the DP now. I'm getting soft lol.
I understand what you are saying. I was just thinking if I were a juror, I might have a tough time living with myself knowing I was partly responsible for sentencing a person to death.

I understand what you are saying. I was just thinking if I were a juror, I might have a tough time living with myself knowing I was partly responsible for sentencing a person to death.
Same. They would never allow me on on DP case.

Jury sent back because they didn't fill out all of the aggravating factors completely.

It didn't take long for them to correct the verdict form. The judge has concurred and sentenced Wiggins to death.
The deliberations were pretty short.

Thank you Chelly, for doing a superb job of reporting!

Knox jury's decision in deputy's killing: Death for Steven Wiggins | wbir.com

DICKSON COUNTY, Tenn. — "A Knox County jury Thursday decided a Middle Tennessee man should be put to death for the killing in 2018 of a Dickson County deputy.

The panel reached its decision about Steven Wiggins about 4 p.m. local time Thursday after mulling the case in the afternoon."

I'm not always pro-Death, but yes in this case. There is no doubt who did it and he could have easily fled in the police car without ensuring the deputy's death by the additional close range shots.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back