GUILTY TN - Daniel Baker, Dickson County Deputy, Slain, 30 May 2018 *Arrests*

State is calling rebuttal witnesses for penalty phase of Wiggins trial

No tweet about Jail administrator testimony. However, in state rebuttal, Crawford said Wiggins broke the jail's rules by getting an in-house tattoo.

Someone please correct me if necessary.

I believe in this recess the defense's list of mitigators is being discussed, right?

Deputy Joseph Calhoun is on the witness stand now. Talking about Wiggins' tattoos. Apparently they're arguing over the rebuttal witnesses.

Last edited:
@stephnthecity
·
2m

Replying to
@stephnthecity
The prosecution is showing images of tattoos that Wiggins had done while in custody. A large tattoo on his side reads “Ain’t got no time for that. Death row” and one on his back says “Crush your enemies. Show no mercy”
@WKRN

Judge rules probative value of tattoo photos outweighs prejudicial. State may use them in rebuttal testimony before jury.

Prosecution rebuttal witness still on stand during this Penalty phase of Wiggins trial. He is now being cross examined by defense. What a long work day this jury has.

I thought Dr. Schacht was a good rebuttal witness for the prosecution. I know the jury is glad this trial is coming to an end.

This judge bends over backwards to be fair and to avoid possible overturn on appeal (that will be inevitable if given the death penalty.) However, it's clear he views this defendant as being a despicable human being. I concur.

I thought Dr. Schacht was a good rebuttal witness for the prosecution. I know the jury is glad this trial is coming to an end.

I agree. It was clear the defense witnesses were paid to look for and bring forth only things that would make this defendant look sympathetic. The only person in that family I feel anything for is the aunt who tried to step in.

@cathyrusson
5m
#StevenWiggins - Closing arguments today at 9am CT/10am ET in the penalty phase of TN v. Steve Wiggins. Wiggins was convicted of the murder of #SgtDanielBaker after shooting him to death, lighting his body on fire. He faces the possibility of the death penalty

Family members of Steven Wiggins share stories of abuse during his childhood

DICKSON COUNTY, Tenn. (WZTV) — Family members of Steven Wiggins painted a horrifying picture of his childhood on Wednesday for the jury that found him guilty of murdering Dickson County Sheriff’s Office Sergeant Daniel Baker in 2018.

The convicted killer’s mother, brother and aunt all took the stand to describe the severe abuse they say Wiggins endured as a child.

Juanita Wiggins, the defendant’s mother, tearfully told the courtroom about years of alleged abuse at the hands of Steven’s father.

She says the abuse of Steven, her youngest son, started while he was still in the womb as his father, Scott Wiggins, would kick her in the stomach. She says the beatings happened on a daily basis without warning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back