GUILTY TN - Daniel Baker, Dickson County Deputy, Slain, 30 May 2018 *Arrests*

Judge and attorneys will now discuss procedural issues outside presence of jury.

Upcoming witness Julie Creasman. Apparently the maternal aunt of Steven Wiggins.

Last edited:
@stephnthecity
·
18m

The next witness knew Wiggins as a child. She says she witnessed Steven’s father pick him up and sling him into a wall. She says Steven also told her that his daddy was touching him inappropriately & hitting him
@WKRN
@stephnthecity
·
14m

The jury has left the room. The defense asked the next witness how it would impact her if Wiggins was executed. She cries, “It would completely destroy me. I love him as much as if he was my own son.”
@WKRN

@stephnthecity

·
12m

The jury has returned. This witness is Steven Wiggins’ aunt.
@WKRN

@stephnthecity
·
36s

Replying to
@stephnthecity
Steven’s aunt says she saw his dad Scott hit his brother when he was 6 months old. She says he slapped the baby’s leg so hard it left a handprint

Anyone think Wiggin's mother will be one of today's 8 witnesses?

I don't have a lot of patience with this. Awful as he apparently was, Scott Wiggins isn't on trial here. Whatever Steven Wiggins was as a child isn't who killed a deputy by shooting him not once but several times. Yes Wiggins was probably partially brain dead or he wouldn't have left a witness alive. So jury, please put him down hopefully before he kills someone in prison.

Watch Live: Steven Wiggins Stands Trial for Sgt. Daniel Baker Murder

Wiggins, 34, also faces a separate case in federal court for firearms and carjacking charges. According to a criminal complaint, Baker pulled over a suspicious vehicle driven by Wiggins. Erika Castro-Miles, who Wiggins would describe as his wife but was actually his girlfriend, was in the passenger seat, authorities said.

Stephanie Langston
@stephnthecity

Replying to
@stephnthecity
The aunt says she had custody of Steven Wiggins for awhile. She says all was well at first, but at some point his behavior changed. “Wouldn’t bathe, room looked like a hurricane came through, would skip school,” she says.
@stephnthecity
·
27m

@stephnthecity
Short recess. Defense says the next witness will be long. They say they now have 4 more witnesses
@WKRN
@stephnthecity
·
3m

We are back. Defense calls Steven’s brother Scott Wiggins
@WKRN

@stephnthecity
·
1m

Scott Wiggins says his father beat him daily. He still has nightmares of one night in particular. “I was asleep when he decided to start hitting me with a stick, a pretty large stick. It’s one of those memories I can’t forget,” he said.
@WKRN

I need to stop posting tweets for a few hours. Will check in later.

@stephnthecity
·
18m

The defense wants to bring a letter in from Steven’s son. The state opposes saying if it’s allowed then they have a video of Sgt. Baker’s daughter Meredith that they would like to bring in
@WKRN

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back