Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there is a missing 15 year old in Memphis, too. I hope she gets some attention too.
View attachment 364484
Thank goodness she was actually found safe.
FOX13 Memphis News Staff
Sat, September 3, 2022 at 3:38 PM·1 min read
UPDATE: Sep. 4 8:34 PM:
MPD has canceled the City Watch for Miracle Cooper.
Chi

Attachments

• Fb2sjvDXkAAM-jU.jpg
    Fb2sjvDXkAAM-jU.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 1
Waiting with the rest of you. Identity of the deceased person has not been confirmed yet.
BREAKING — A large police presence has emerged at Chestnut Avenue and Victor Street where police confirmed a body has been found. https://bit.ly/3TI5HCT
Full source https://twitter.com/WMCActionNews5?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1566936691742580736|twgr^48b20fd75edb7819b958f3d9ebcd08fa5a0a2958|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://www.actionnews5.com/2022/09/05/large-police-presence-crime-scene-emerges-south-memphis/
Chi

There’s a large wooded lot at the corner of Victor St. and Chestnut Ave.

Google Earth

Attachments

• 582E6E14-DF36-4303-A7DF-CC5100A58F42.jpeg
    582E6E14-DF36-4303-A7DF-CC5100A58F42.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 41
  • ABC37ACC-33D4-4779-BEFF-D8DA9FF57D9A.jpeg
    ABC37ACC-33D4-4779-BEFF-D8DA9FF57D9A.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 43
You have to scroll down past quite a few ads:

“Before Abston's conviction for kidnapping Durand, he had already appeared in juvenile court numerous times for charges including theft, aggravated assault, aggravated assault with a weapon, and rape, according to the lawyer's testimony. His first appearance in the system dates back to 1995, when he was only 12 years old.”

My guess is that he was tried as an adult for the kidnapping, and that Tennessee law allows for prior serious crimes to be brought up during sentencing.

MOO
20 years at the age of 16 for kidnapping

Snippet from the article:

"Abston just spent more than 22 years in state prison for another abduction. In June 2000, when he was 16 years old, he forced Memphis-based lawyer Kemper Durand into the trunk of his car at gunpoint.

NEWSWEEK NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP >
Eliza Fletcher Abduction

Eliza Fletcher (left) and kidnapping suspect Cleotha Abston (right). Abston, 38, has been charged with especially aggravated kidnapping and tampering with evidence in connection with Fletcher's disappearance in Memphis, Tennessee. She has not been found since disappearing early Friday, September 2, 2022, while out on a run.MEMPHIS PD//SHELBY COUNTY JAIL
Durand was "trapped in the cold darkness of his car trunk" for several hours, according to a 2013 obituary for the 73-year-old attorney by his former colleagues at the Lewis Thomason law firm. Abston and another man, Marquette Cobbins, drove Durand to ATMs where they forced him to withdraw and hand over money."

Reading the deceased attorney's statement made my stomach flip. It was similar minus the kidnapping. We had some very fortunate turn of events that allowed us to escape with our lives!

It's horrible, May CA never see the light of day again.

Well he had a cell phone while he was incarcerated...probably involved in the prison drug culture.
Not necessarily, but most likely. When I first learned of prisoners having cell phones I thought the same thing. But sometimes families pay the penchant for their loved one to have that kind of contact. It is NOT cheap!

This may have been posted already. Apparently, the new theft charges stem from stealing from a co-worker at Malco, not from stealing from Eliza.

It seems imo that the garden shears and her car were taken from the home perhaps for her dna samples? They had a match to his Shoes pretty quick. Skin or even blood and fingerprints from them could be compared. I know there is rapid dna comparisons that can be matched in hours

His criminal history is absolutely sickening. How did they let this out of prison!!! He really escalated this time, he should never have been given the chance to. The “justice system” is an absolute joke IMO.

How are sociopaths created? I'm curious now about his childhood. I've read that sociopaths are wired differently from birth or very early childhood. Their brains are missing whatever it is that fosters empathy. IDK, just thinking out loud...
I don't know. Something wrong with their brain at birth? Childhood trauma? All of the above? I have worked with criminals, many of them with low impulse control because they had learning disabilities due to their mother's alcohol use while pregnant. So many with FAS and FAE. Worst thing to tell them was the word 'no' and they would lose it.
True. They seem too be just born that way. They don’t get others feelings and they don’t care. They’ll mirror the emotions of those around them. They are soulless, empty, lacking and scary. They can suck the life right out of you.

body found- not confirmed to be Eliza
Gosh, it would be something - a sad something - if the deceased isn’t Eliza, meaning yet another person was found so close to Cleo‘s brother’s house. :oops:

Based on Fox and Memphis PD reporting on this so quickly and not saying it’s unrelated, really seems it is Eliza. :(

This video shows how close the brother’s apartment is to the spot where they found a body. It’s basically around the block from the apartment building.
The Bria Jones tweet video clip where the camera turns and shows how close the body was found to the Longview Gardens apartments (the building shown at the beginning of the clip) — wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gooniesforever