TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
What good would it do to ask them to step forward and identify themselves IF they are involved in whatever happened to Gail... Also, I was under the impresson the witness stated the last thing she saw when leaving the area was Gail's headlights and a truck next to Gail's vehicle..If she was exiting the area maybe she did not get a good look at the truck or maybe she did and LE doesn't want that information revealed... JMHO...

Didn't C say that she saw the Jeep pull up beside a truck on Big Fork Rd?

I'm confused lol.

Signal Mountain is EDT. Chattanooga is EDT.

The sightings on Signal Mountain (Big Fork/Insurance Bluff) are reported on this Chattanooga news site as having been 4pm to 6:30pm.

http://www.wdef.com/news/new_possib..._signal_mountain_mother_gail_palmgren/06/2011

Could someone clarify why we would change the time of the sightings from what's reported in MSM? Is there a CDT news site that's reporting the same timeframe?

I thought that Sequatchie State Forest--where the alleged sitings occurred-- was divided between two counties, Sequatchie County and Hamilton County.

Sequatchie County is on CDT; Hamilton County is on EDT. So if you were in the forest and rambling around, you could meander from one time zone to the next and back again without even knowing it.

Please let me know if I'm wrong; I don't want to muddle this issue further.

I find Arlene very credible too. She seems very straightforward and sincere, and just wanting to find her best friend, and giving all the info she can to try help do that. She doesn't seem to have any other agenda. She seems heartbroken. :(

Yes she seems heartbroken but what gives with the data dump to the media? I dont understand why this seems like a good idea.

I know she was doing some things like put a tracking device on his car, got the password to his cellphone and looked up his text messages (found sexting :eek:), got the bank records and found the $400 ATM withdrawals she hadn't known about, the hotel stays on his Hilton Honors program, hired the PI, etc.

My guess is that if somebody goes so far as deciding to "spy," every avenue would be used. Plus, each of them had a PI, if I understand correctly, and a PI would certainly be up on all the technology available and able to "coach."

If a keystroke logger was being used on computers, it would be perfectly reasonable for each to have the other's passwords on everything. As for the night that no pass codes were working for Gail on the bank accounts, I think that was a "gaslighting" attempt, like Hollyblue suggested. If I'm right, then he could just have easily changed it back to one of the codes he had suggested earlier, and then claim she just didn't type it correctly, etc.

I think it's important to know the technology allows the keystrokes and e-mails to be e-mailed to the "spy" in "real time." With smartphones, those e-mails can be accessed "on he go," without even being near the computer. One person can be across the country, being e-mailed computer activity of somebody many miles away, in real time, which could make for some wild mind games.

Implications go even further, since keystokes of anybody on a "chat" are recorded as well. I've tried to impress this on my children, that even if I'm not monitoring anything, if the parent on the other end of the chat is monitoring their own child's stuff, then my child's activity is recorded as well. And obviously, this fact applies to adults just as well.

ETA: If screen shot capture is being used, e-mails from other people could be just as easily viewed.

I didn't think of it as baiting LE, but rather that she was trying to give the impression that Arlene may have been in some kind of danger while she had the docs, and impress on this unspecified entity that Arlene no longer had the docs, and therefore should not be harmed. In fact, now that I think of it, she said something like "not a hair on this woman's head should be harmed". It was a bit bizarre.

But now that you mention baiting LE, she did say some things about LE around that same timeframe in the interview. I don't know. I'm going to go back and listen again and see how it hits me. I was concentrating more on what Arlene was saying, trying to pick up info, than on what Susan was saying, so I'll go back and listen to Susan this go-round.

Piggy backing on your other quote further on in the thread with this one...why would Ms Milano believe that LE should contact her regarding their investigation? Is she indicating she is a party to information that they need to solve the disappearance?

I must be the lone wolf here, lol, but I am shocked that a responsible member of the media and someone who is absolutely a case player would get together and create a situation where they are telegraphing evidence that LE has not confirmed, some of which is not in their possession?

On top of that, they may possibly be hamstringing the investigation. Interfering with it-Arlene needs some better advice than she is getting. JMVHO.

I think LE should be allowed to do their job and unfold this the way they believe is best. There is no indication still that this is NOT an active investigation.

My heart hurts for Arlene. My heart hurts for Gail's family and most of all for her children.

Yes she seems heartbroken but what gives with the data dump to the media? I dont understand why this seems like a good idea.

bolded by me.

I agree with you on that...but she seems to be running on no food or sleep, and grieving--and frustrated--not a good combination for making the best decisions on some things.

Perhaps I have the wrong end of the stick. Perhaps Arlene and Ms Milano have been charged by LE with the responsibility of leaking this information. I am quite confused at this point.

bolded by me.

I agree with you on that...but she seems to be running on no food or sleep, and grieving--and frustrated--not a good combination for making the best decisions on some things.

Possibly, but again she needs better advice than she is currently receiving. :(

Possibly, but again she needs better advice than she is currently receiving. :(

I didn't realize that she might have given the information to the media because of anyone's advice! I thought she did it on her own...but that was just my thought, I had no idea anyone might have been telling her to do that.

If a keystroke logger was being used on computers, it would be perfectly reasonable for each to have the other's passwords on everything. As for the night that no pass codes were working for Gail on the bank accounts, I think that was a "gaslighting" attempt, like Hollyblue suggested. If I'm right, then he could just have easily changed it back to one of the codes he had suggested earlier, and then claim she just didn't type it correctly, etc.

Okay, a time for little speculation. Gail being missing doesn't solve Matt's problems. He still doesn't have an access to her money, and so on. So... what if he wanted her dead and her body being found sooner or later?

What if he tried to set the stage for a suicide explanation with that (suspected) gaslighting? Make Gail scared, make her behave paranoic and then tell the media that she was mentally unstable...

Piggy backing on your other quote further on in the thread with this one...why would Ms Milano believe that LE should contact her regarding their investigation? Is she indicating she is a party to information that they need to solve the disappearance?

I listened to the interview, and when I heard that, I interpreted it as a direct slam on local LE, indicating they are incompetent and need her help. I was very surprised she said that.

My wife and I use find my iphone - I'll reiterate that it's super easy to set up and use - and we can see one another's phone location from either our phones using an app or by going to me.com and logging in.

Super super easy.

I didn't realize that she might have given the information to the media because of anyone's advice! I thought she did it on her own...but that was just my thought, I had no idea anyone might have been telling her to do that.

I remember in the interview, Ms. Milano ending with a comment something like "we need to bring her back next week because we have a lot of other things we need to get into."

Perhaps not exact wording, as I've not listened to the interview again, but I had the clear impression that Ms. Milano is advising Arlene.

I don't have enough information to say that is a bad thing. I'm impressed with Ms. Milano's credentials and believe she is a smart woman. Perhaps she has good reason for the strong comments she made. I don't mean to judge her at all, but I found the whole thing curious.

My wife and I use find my iphone - I'll reiterate that it's super easy to set up and use - and we can see one another's phone location from either our phones using an app or by going to me.com and logging in.

Super super easy.

Does the capability allow you to monitor without the other person knowing you are doing it?

Yep I know what you mean, Oriah, but is there something indicating that the time is other than what was reported? A conflicting event or something like that?

Not that I'm aware of, BeanE. But I do think there is relevance as to calling in a sighting while sitting in your vehicle which likely has a clock that you look at and think to yourself, "hmm, look its 5:52 and that Jeep looks like that missing womans Jeep... kwim mean? Just something to think about re: the possible sighting, I think.

I thought that Sequatchie State Forest--where the alleged sitings occurred-- was divided between two counties, Sequatchie County and Hamilton County.

Sequatchie County is on CDT; Hamilton County is on EDT. So if you were in the forest and rambling around, you could meander from one time zone to the next and back again without even knowing it.

Please let me know if I'm wrong; I don't want to muddle this issue further.

Aha! I think I gotcha. Let me regurgitate this and see if I have it right.

Gail's house is to the east side of the mountain, and is in Hamilton County, which is EDT.

The sightings were to the west side of the mountain, and in Sequatchie County, which is CDT.

The reporting news agency is in Chattanooga, which is EDT.

Carol lives in Marion, which is CDT.

The problem is that we can only make assumptions about which timezone is being reported, and if it's CDT, to align with the time Gail left her home at 12:30pm EDT, it would need to shift an hour.

To shift or not to shift, that is the question. :)

I don't either. In fact, it seems rather odd to me. Typically the media is provided information from LE at the same time as the general public, via official spokesperson. Then the media begins investigation, and we all know how it goes from there.

LE does not typically 'leak' info to the media so that they can get the word out. If they feel information discovered during the course of an active investigation might help the investigation by being made pubilc, they'll hold a press conference and release it.

This situation concerns me.

Aha! I think I gotcha. Let me regurgitate this and see if I have it right.

Gail's house is to the east side of the mountain, and is in Hamilton County, which is EDT.

The sightings were to the west side of the mountain, and in Sequatchie County, which is CDT.

The reporting news agency is in Chattanooga, which is EDT.

Carol lives in Marion, which is CDT.

The problem is that we can only make assumptions about which timezone is being reported, and if it's CDT, to align with the time Gail left her home at 12:30pm EDT, it would need to shift an hour.

To shift or not to shift, that is the question. :)

That sounds about right, BeanE!

Plus, within the Forest itself, I don't think a person would be aware of which time zone they are in, because I assume the trails zigzag around and you never know which county you're in.

And of course, depending on which county they drove in from, their watch would show either EDT or CDT.

Not that I'm aware of, BeanE. But I do think there is relevance as to calling in a sighting while sitting in your vehicle which likely has a clock that you look at and think to yourself, "hmm, look its 5:52 and that Jeep looks like that missing womans Jeep... kwim mean? Just something to think about re: the possible sighting, I think.

If the person was from Hamilton County their clock would show EDT, but if they drove into the Forest from Sequatchie County their clock would be on CDT. (Could be from other counties, too!)

Not sure that was what you were driving at in your post, Oriah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11