TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any idea on why Karen had to close Clint's door? Why wouldn't he close it himself before he fell asleep. As I recall he was on the phone with friends listening to a concert the night before. It wasn't that late when he got off the phone. The guy is 25 yrs old. I think he would know to shut his door before he slept...if he wanted to. I find it odd that she would even recall such a mundane act.

Nothing new that I could find but did come across this article which answered one of my earlier questions regarding the DA's office getting involved.

Child Abduction Response Team Created In Williamson County

WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Tenn. - One local mid-state county is on a mission to help police and parents respond faster and more efficiently to child abductions.

The group includes people from schools, police departments, child advocacy groups and the District Attorney's Office. Their mission is to use each other's experience to help police find a child and do it quickly.

The group hopes to be certified by the end of the school year. The idea of a local child abduction response team comes from the Tennessee Bureau Of Investigation. The agency has its own team, but it's for the whole state. The TBI recommends local teams, because in some cases their response may not be fast enough.

The TBI has used a Child Abduction Response Team more than a dozen times since it was formed three years ago. It was most recently used in the Holly Bobo abduction in Decatur County last year.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/19767592/child-abduction-response-team-created-in-williamson-co

Is the TBI an agency appointed by Law Enforcement to help them? I had never heard about these agencies before I saw cases in the South. What exactly is their juristriction regarding cases? They are not the FBI, so what is the deal?

I went to their site in TN and the stats are not up to snuff regarding missing people in the State. Many are not even listed. I wanted to see a complete list of every missing child, teen and adult in TN. This is not a good resource at all. I'd like to know why.

Does anyone have any idea on why Karen had to close Clint's door? Why wouldn't he close it himself before he fell asleep. As I recall he was on the phone with friends listening to a concert the night before. It wasn't that late when he got off the phone. The guy is 25 yrs old. I think he would know to shut his door before he slept...if he wanted to. I find it odd that she would even recall such a mundane act.

I assume its just as simple as Karen and Holly and Dana were up early in the house and Clint was sleeping and his door was open, so Karen pushed it closed.

Is the TBI an agency appointed by Law Enforcement to help them? I had never heard about these agencies before I saw cases in the South. What exactly is their juristriction regarding cases? They are not the FBI, so what is the deal?

I went to their site in TN and the stats are not up to snuff regarding missing people in the State. Many are not even listed. I wanted to see a complete list of every missing child, teen and adult in TN. This is not a good resource at all. I'd like to know why.

http://www.tbi.tn.gov/about_us/authoriy.shtml

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) is Tennessee's primary criminal investigative agency. In that role, the Bureau is responsible for providing support to local law enforcement agencies in joint investigations and investigate crimes at the request of the local District Attorneys General for each of the state’s 31 Judicial Districts. The TBI has original jurisdiction over crimes related to drugs, fugitives, public corruption, official misconduct, organized crime, illegal gambling, Medicaid provider fraud, patient abuse, social security administration fraud, cyber crime, domestic terrorism and employees or prospective employees of the bureau of the Department of Safety.

They are Tennessee's main criminal investigative agency. The FBI is the federal equivalent.

http://www.tbi.tn.gov/about_us/authoriy.shtml

They are Tennessee's main criminal investigative agency. The FBI is the federal equivalent.

I kinda got that idea from a Florida case I explored. I don't see them as any whiz kids at all. Look there are 99 counties in TN. It has a pop of about 5 million. We have 58 counties and have a population of 35M. Now they have WAY more resources than we do with all these counties...each getting a big piece of the pie. Why they have so many counties is beyond me but Florida is the same way. Talk about revenues! So they are rich with public offices and sheriffs...way too many but I digress. I have yet to see these state bureaucrates solve much crime. So what do they do...?...just free up the sheriffs to do other stuff?

So the TBI is working the case and not the sheriff, I assume. That is why we get no info..because they think they can act like FBI. They are not the FBI, not even close. I'm not going to get in a tit for tat about the LE there because we may have people reading here who obviously are insulted with any reference to their finest.

I just wish their finest would go out there and tell the public what the heck is going on with the case. Give details about what they have and state who they polygraphed.

They are solely responsible for the case going nowhere.

I kinda got that idea from a Florida case I explored. I don't see them as any whiz kids at all. Look there are 99 counties in TN. It has a pop of about 5 million. We have 58 counties and have a population of 35M. Now they have WAY more resources than we do with all these counties...each getting a big piece of the pie. Why they have so many counties is beyond me but Florida is the same way. Talk about revenues! So they are rich with public offices and sheriffs...way too many but I digress. I have yet to see these state bureaucrates solve much crime. So what do they do...?...just free up the sheriffs to do other stuff?

So the TBI is working the case and not the sheriff, I assume. That is why we get no info..because they think they can act like FBI. They are not the FBI, not even close. I'm not going to get in a tit for tat about the LE there because we may have people reading here who obviously are insulted with any reference to their finest.

I just wish their finest would go out there and tell the public what the heck is going on with the case. Give details about what they have and state who they polygraphed.

They are solely responsible for the case going nowhere.

This part I agree with. While I might not expect LE to tell me who they have polygraphed, I would like to think they would at least let the public that there is progress being made, if in fact there is any. They don't even have to do it weekly, but at least on various occasions like birthdays, anniversaries etc...

My understanding is TBI is the lead investigative team on the case but there are other agencies involved as well, including the local sheriff's department. I imagine TBI offers more resources that local sheriff's offices cannot afford. TBI may not be up to the standards of the FBI because they don't have the monies to be, but I'm sure they have more resources than local departments.

I agree reedus. They kinda make the Sheriff's dept not very much needed except for small mundane happenings around town. The Sheriff can simply defer anything important to the TBI...which makes local LE unable to learn how to respond, process and deal with media when a big case happens. It also gets them off the hook and keeps the media at bay.

I have seen too many cases fall into the round file of the State appointed Bureau of Investigations.

It's kind of sad when there have been no new posts since Friday. The "think outside the box" posts really had things moving there for a while.

Can't imagine how Holly's loved ones must feel: No. News. At. All. DAILY. :(

It's kind of sad when there have been no new posts since Friday. The "think outside the box" posts really had things moving there for a while.

Thank you Onyx for pointing out what is a terrible, horrible reality for so many families of missing persons- no news. :(
'No news is good news' just isn't good when it comes to the missing- and especially those missing for extended period of times.

Let's go back to thinking outside the box.

Anyone want to take on finding ownership of hunting land leases so we can further determine what is private vs public land?

It actually kind of turned me off... TOO off the wall for my tastes. But even thinking outside the box... after a year I think most people have made their point, put forth their ideas or suppositions, etc. It's hard to come up with much else as we have really had no real NEW information in how many months now?

I just can't help but feel LE did themselves a disservice by not releasing some (not a lot) information. With the lack of direction I just feel it led to people accusing everyone and their brother. So many different directions LE couldn't keep it on track. I know they can't release everything, but rumors and accusations seem to have filled the void created by the lack of information.

I still think an RSO or someone remotely associated with Holly is the most likely but I wouldn't even know where to take it from there. I started compiling ways or places the person could have known Holly (i.e. school, church, coon hunt etc...) but then there is no where to go with it from there. I just can't believe the numbers of potential POI's are so big that LE doesn't have a clue.

I just can't help but feel LE did themselves a disservice by not releasing some (not a lot) information. With the lack of direction I just feel it led to people accusing everyone and their brother. So many different directions LE couldn't keep it on track. I know they can't release everything, but rumors and accusations seem to have filled the void created by the lack of information.

I still think an RSO or someone remotely associated with Holly is the most likely but I wouldn't even know where to take it from there. I started compiling ways or places the person could have known Holly (i.e. school, church, coon hunt etc...) but then there is no where to go with it from there. I just can't believe the numbers of potential POI's are so big that LE doesn't have a clue.
Think Tara Grinstead...same ole story. Rural places don't have the tools or experience necessary to solve these kinds of cases. They pass it off to the good old state held bureau of investigations....and there it ends.

If you notice, these crimes get solved in metropolitan areas much easier than in the rural areas.

Think Tara Grinstead...same ole story. Rural places don't have the tools or experience necessary to solve these kinds of cases. They pass it off to the good old state held bureau of investigations....and there it ends.

If you notice, these crimes get solved in metropolitan areas much easier than in the rural areas.

JMO of course...
I am left with the opinion that this case could be solved if they truly wanted it to be solved. I realize it is somewhat of a conspiracy theory, but there were too many other situations and other events in that general area that seemed to have been swept under a rug or just plain ignored. I dont want to provide any specific examples, but for those who followed all the news around those parts, there were many examples of bad news and not much in the way of people being brought to justice.

I just always got the impression that they pretty much know what happened, and for some reason, they chose not to pursue it any further. If it is solely due to lack of evidence, then my feeling is they did not do a good enough job in getting evidence and talking with the right people.

From an outsider looking in, this case originally seemed like a fairly easy case to figure out if the legwork was done. As time went on, and no LE updates ever being provided, of course it causes people to suspect things. That is what happens when the public is not kept informed and there is never any results that show they are truly working to resolve this case.

It is very upsetting, and I feel for the people in that community. Maybe when elections come up again, changes can be made for the better.

Foxfire, did you indicate earlier that a relative from another Tennessee case was going to possibly become verified and maybe provide some thoughts or information that may also be related to Holly's case? If I'm mistaken, I apologize. If correct, I'm wondering where that stands? TIA

I know all cases are different...but in following the case in Oregon, where the young woman Whitney Heichel was just found last might and her suspected killer arrested, that case seemed to move at such an astounding pace; three days of searches, leading to an arrest and finding her body. Of course, the suspect in her case left a trail of evidence, but LE also knew what to do with that evidence, and quickly. I sometimes wonder if Holly might have been found by now if she had vanished from a large city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11