TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the reporters at the Jackson Sun ...Holly deserves more than a carnival rally on the second anniversary of her disappearance-and a feel good story. 731 days without a briefing from LE. Thirty Six *threads have been devoted to Holly Bobo & all we are asking the authorities to do is give us 'something' ...this case desperately needs a long over due briefing which could help solve this tragety.

* * * *Back in thread #35...I posted the following.

Without a 911 redacted, transcript What we know as reported in MSN articles then recanted by LE is toonumerous to list. Instead, the evidence consists of the where,the who and that evidence some of Holly's blood was recovered at the scene. Day's after Holly's disappearance.... Holly's lunch bucket was recovered... several miles from her home. LE or KB received a phone tip on Easter but what was discovered in that search...has never been confirmed by LE. No LE briefings have taken place since.

DB has made statements. But,I will not mention what DB has disclosed...as to keep the distinction between DB & what MSN (has reported ) & that which been confirmed byLE.*

* * * *This is one of the concluding paragraphs from the Post Rally Jackson Sun Story(Why is LE not holding a briefing to encourage "tips")

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20130413/NEWS01/130413006/Rallies-keep-hope-alive-Holly-Bobo-two-years-after-abduction

Pg 2 from story on website...
A news release sent by Without Warning on Wednesday said that Bobo was believed to be carrying several items when she was abducted: A Samsung cell phone, a thick hardcover book and binder, a white soft-sided lunch bag, a keychain with several keys including a Ford door opener and a large rhinestone “H,” and a pink purse. The purse contained the following items: A blue Olympus camera, a crocodile black patent leather wallet with her driver’s license, school ID and at least $20 in cash, a small bottle of bath and body lotion, a small hairbrush, a pink and a brown striped pencil bag.

The public is reminded that after two years, Bobo’s blond hair could be different and it could be cut off short. She wore a retainer, and there may now be a gap in her teeth. Bobo wore contacts, so it is possible that she now is wearing glasses or having difficulty seeing.

* * * *To conclude i think the following about says it all.....

I completely understand why LE does not release information and I understand how that can be frustrating to many and to some it's a sign of complicity. *However, after 2 years, I don't think releasing additional information is going to jeopardize their investigation.

I don't know what to think. I remember hearing about how her Dad spent his weekends searching fields and woods during his free time; the very image of a father searching for what may be his daughter's body has been enough to keep me from thinking he has any idea of what became of Holly. I hope everyone else has been truthful, as far as what they know or remember.

I don't feel suspicions about the family, but I do have doubts about LE. I think the case was bungled badly from the start, and they never recovered from it (too many people stomping through the woods, waiting a week to do a roadblock, etc.) and their silence is down to their not knowing any more than they did on 4/14/11.

A family in this kind of situation can't possibly know what to do. Yes, they probably should try to speak out more to keep Holly more in the public, but that does not come naturally to most people and the bigger media outlets are only interested if there is something new to focus on. I wish the media would badger LE, or an honest PI had gotten involved long ago. Now, it just has the feeling of a cold, stalled case without much hope, unless Holly happens to be found, as Katelyn was. But even if she is, is there a POI?

Excellent post cluciano63....

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...Bobo-two-years-after-abduction?nclick_check=1
snipped & BBM for focus..

She said they firmly believe that people in the community have information that they believe they may have already told authorities and the information got lost early in the investigation or they don’t realize the information they have could be of use.

“Now is not the time to give up,” Beatty said, urging anyone with information to come forward either again or as new information..

RE: Hotel keycard? It may or may not have been a significant item of evidence, but was located on the Easter day search on the afternoon of 04/24/2011. TBI Kristen Helm denied that it was found/entered into evidence.
There were 8 persons on each search squad/team which were listed on the sign in search roster..There is also MSM photos of the team members if the roster is unavailable. How difficult would be to identify and interview the other 7 team members to verify that it was actually located, bagged, and tagged? Yet the keycard, ignored due to perceived hypothesis, imo.

http://www.examiner.com/article/tbi-debunks-holly-bobo-rumors

The Holly Bobo search and info facebook group reported that a hotel pass key was discovered near an area, where other items of interest were found by a ground searcher. They claim a passkey was bagged into evidence by a Tennessee State Patrolman.

I emailed Kristin Helm with the TBI to confirm the above information and she replied that no hotel pass key was discovered, and that the search for Holly Bobo is not expanding.

"Weekend Marks 2-year Disapearance Of College*Student"
Thank-you, to Elise Preston the reporter from WREG.com for this tribute to Bloodhound Search and Rescue. They are the unsung hero's who go out without any reward or pay ...except their own commitment to bring closure to this tragedy. And perhaps... justice for Holly.MOO

Quote from story,"Around his family, 4-year-old Stozie is just like any other playful pooch. But the Dutch Shepard has helped sniff out more than 8000 square acres, searching for Holly Bobo.
“He clears a lot of areas. So we know where Holly is not. I hope he doesn’t find her,” said Stozie’s owner and searcher, Shawn Alexander.
Alexander wants to help figure what happened to Holly, but Stozie is a cadaver dog. Alexander wants to find Holly alive. His mother has that same wish.
“An innocent family, an innocent girl goes out to her backyard to go to school. It’s an everyday function. It’s a tragedy,” said Lois Alexander with Bloodhound Search and Rescue."

http://wreg.com/2013/04/13/weekend-marks-2-year-disapearance-of-college-student/

Imo, there are too many parallels, signs, and coincidences that point to career violent felon and confessed sexual predator/killer Donnie Frank Jones(TN); abductor/murderer of nursing student Megan Sharpton(TN).

The calculated creative ruse of evil used to abduct Megan Sharpton is very telling, imo. The ruse used in Holly Bobo's abduction was also very brazen calculating and creative, imo. The time of day; DCSO change time, turkey season/camos(yet no stotgun witnessed). The immediate compliance of Holly indicates an experienced & confident predator, imo. Both victims were approximately the same age, and were TN nursing students. These indicators and parallels are no coincidence, imo.

The FBI BAU2 profilers were in Parsons, TN, for over 10 days in April 2011. They checked out the day before I checked into the hotel. Although the TBI denied it, they would have prepared a psychological behavioral profile of the unknown suspect that abducted Holly.. Imo, this profile would have fit Donnie Frank Jones like a glove... With DFJ's 23 year violent criminal background(rape/kidnapping, etc.) & geographical location to Parsons. He should have came up on TBI, FBI, or US Marshal's radar early in the investigation, imo..
My question is why didn't he? Time is critical in sexual predator investigations due to their recidivist behavior..

Of course people can do things to avoid scrutiny (or attract it). Like clarifying things, being consistent, presenting things in a fairly easy, chronological order that people can follow, etc. Two years out we are still trying to sort out what exactly happened. If you cant say something for various reasons just say I can't get into that but LE is working on it...

I won't disagree that I wish things came out in a more coherent, chronological fashion, but that has to do as much with the questions being asked as the answers given. Also, there were virtually no inconsistencies from the family that I found.

I don't get it? I think its been quite clear what can and can't be discussed. This family is considered victims in this case and you are not allowed to bash them, or talk about them in any suspect fashion. This has been the case from day one and will continue to be unless or until a suspect and or poi is named.

The thread will not be shut down but time outs will be given if the discussion continues like the posts I have unapproved. You all know better.

Discuss what is known, that's it. The family is off limits as to being suspects.

Ima

My heart goes out to those who are hurting because of Holly's disappearance. I suppose I spoke out of turn. But I have been here for many months...since the day of Holly's abduction. It is very challenging to have so little information in this case. We basically have nothing. No timeline has been confirmed (although we tried to piece one together), no special information has been released by the TBI, even the 911 calls are sealed. With this in mind, its difficult to understand what may have happened to Holly.

For many months I have felt it was a local or maybe two. I still do.

Holly, people are still searching for you, praying for you and yours, and committed to finding you.

I hope that the answer to your disappearance is uncovered soon-I cannot imagine the suffering of your family and friends. I pray that LE finds that one final piece to this puzzle so that you can finally be brought home. :(

I think of Holly every day and constantly put all my energy into her safe return... some things I know:

Megan went to TN Tech Nursing School to be an LPN. (DFJ, Jrs wife was also a student in the program so he was quite familiar with the schedules and routines)
She was blond, green-eyed with freckles.
She drove a red mustang, carried a pink purse and a samsung telephone. Her purse was discovered tossed in a creek a few miles from where she was eventually recovered.
My son and I walked that creek a few days after her purse was found and LE was finished with their search for evidence. We found a pair of extra small nursing scrubs that had been in the water for some time. They had moss growing on them and had faded from light blue (we could see that when the elastic was stretched) and had turned a light brown. The tag in the waist band stated they were scrubs and not just standard "work" pants. LE here did come and collect them. Megan was 5'7" and 124lbs... she could not wear x-tra small pants. She had very long legs. She wore mediums but we had to order them online so that we could get the "tall" ones.

I would love nothing more than these coincedences to be just that... but DFJ, Jr would then become the most unlucky person in the world to have so many things correlate between the two women...

There appear to be many many things. Some of which I cannot discuss until we go back to court since he has recinded his plea agreement.

Come home Holly... my heart is with you and your family... all the time.

---
Liz Beatty, a member of Without Warning, a non-profit organization that supports victims and victims’ families such as the Bobos, said the organization has been helping the Bobo family organize tips. Beatty spoke on behalf of the family during a press conference held at the rally. (Jackson Sun)
---
Without Warning: http://withoutwarning.org/

I think of Holly every day and constantly put all my energy into her safe return... some things I know:

Megan went to TN Tech Nursing School to be an LPN. (DFJ, Jrs wife was also a student in the program so he was quite familiar with the schedules and routines)
She drove a red mustang, carried a pink purse and a samsung telephone. Her purse was discovered tossed in a creek a few miles from where she was eventually recovered.
My son and I walked that creek a few days after her purse was found and LE was finished with their search for evidence. We found a pair of extra small nursing scrubs that had been in the water for some time. They had moss growing on them and had faded from light blue (we could see that when the elastic was stretched) and had turned a light brown. The tag in the waist band stated they were scrubs and not just standard "work" pants. LE here did come and collect them. Megan was 5'7" and 124lbs... she could not wear x-tra small pants. She had very long legs. She wore mediums but we had to order them online so that we could get the "tall" ones.

I would love nothing more than these coincedences to be just that... but DFJ, Jr would then become the most unlucky person in the world to have so many things correlate between the two women...

There appear to be many many things. Some of which I cannot discuss until we go back to court since he has recinded his plea agreement.

Thank you very much for sharing this information, ksharp10, and being a voice for Megan and others.

Psychopathic sexual predators such as DFJ jr. are recidivist offenders. DFJ jr's violent felonious criminal background goes back over 2 decades. It would not be unreasonable to conclude that Megan was not his/their first innocent victim's life taken, imo.

It has been my experience that sadistic psychopathic violent felons with extensive backgrounds similar to DFJ jr., also have enablers that allow this to happen/continue. In many cases these enablers should also be scrutinized for collaboration by investigators, and held responsible for their heinous crimes against humanity, if culpable...

Thanks so much for your insight and sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. There certainly do seem to be many correlations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen