TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care if its a pastor or not, these types of Twitter rumors are really heartwrenching. That person should be ashamed of himself for posting it like it was a fact! I feel horrible for her family!

the FB page said the Pastor didnt say it but that he retweeted it or something ( noob when it comes to twitter lol)

Posters, please remember, if you are copying a Tweet, you need to include a link.

I realize that Will Nunley is a reporter with a MSM source, so yes, his tweets can be copied. BUT, you have to include a link if you are going to do that. Just because his link has been included here 100 times, doesn't mean you don't have to put it in your post, too. Thanks!!! :)

Do we know if another press conference has been scheduled?

Here is our stance on Facebook, Twitter, etc. Extra bolding by me. So yes, you can link to Tweets IF they belong to a person connected to this case. We shouldn't be linking random people's Twitter pages just because they mention her. These are RUMORS. If it is coming from a news stations Twitter page, that is different.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

I understand paraphrasing is ok, but what do you mean by "getting in the back way"? Like someone hacking a Facebook account or Twitter account? If a page is set to public, we can paraphrase, do I have that right?:seeya:

Fox 17 local Nashville news just reported that a "small amount of blood was found." So, this might be a new piece of information for those wondering how much blood was found. But, what is a small amount of blood?

I understand paraphrasing is ok, but what do you mean by "getting in the back way"? Like someone hacking a Facebook account or Twitter account? If a page is set to public, we can paraphrase, do I have that right?:seeya:

If the page is public, AND the page is relevant to the investigation (suspect, perp, missing person), yes, you can paraphrase and provide a link. But again, no linking to Aunt Mildred who lives in California or the postman who delivers on that block, or any random person.

What we mean by "the back way" is, if the page is private to most people, but you send a friend request and get accepted, then try to post everything here, that is NOT okay. Also, sometimes pages will show up on cell phones when they are generally private to most others.

With comments on MSM articles, you can provide a link to the article, and say something like "check out the post from this person".

Hope that helps.

Do we know if another press conference has been scheduled?

the last three have been titled "daily press briefings" so perhaps they will continue on daily... unless there is breaking news.

this seems to be how they are rolling with tbi (including their hardcopy releases that come out)

IF she was found alive would they not immediately update that she was found alive or would they wait a while?

I would think they'd immediately update but I am not sure of that.

[video=youtube;lDZ0i3X4KkU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDZ0i3X4KkU&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

levi just posted his jvm piece

goodnight (really this time) guys

If the page is public, AND the page is relevant to the investigation (suspect, perp, missing person), yes, you can paraphrase and provide a link. But again, no linking to Aunt Mildred who lives in California or the postman who delivers on that block, or any random person.

What we mean by "the back way" is, if the page is private to most people, but you send a friend request and get accepted, then try to post everything here, that is NOT okay. Also, sometimes pages will show up on cell phones when they are generally private to most others.

With comments on MSM articles, you can provide a link to the article, and say something like "check out the post from this person".

Hope that helps.

I got it, thanks. I would never try to befriend any people like that. Seems like harrassment JMO. Thanks for clearing it up for me:seeya:

where is that roller coaster emoticon?? that is how the last hour has felt!

ETA: aha! :rollercoaster:

Thank you for the map! IMO thats big enough and there seems to be roads along the shore line

Strange thing about that map ... if you follow the trail from HB's house to where the 'car' was found, it almost points (about 2-3 miles off as the crow flies) of where there are two SRO's who live within 1/2 mile of each other.

They did confirm a small amount of blood yesterday.

My Goodness, I can't even imagine how Holly Friends & family feel hearing all of these rumors that she may be deceased/alive in a cabin somewhere etc.

Not to mentioned all the botched news articles/reports on holly.

Maybe they are not reading into all of this. If they do, I would think they'd understand rumors would be rampant, on the internet so maybe they're staying away from their computers. Who knows? I can't imagine what they are going through.

Watching the "Disappeared" episode on Morgan H. that was on earlier tonight and the first thing they say is she is gone, with only purse and cell phone left behind...scary.

one thing I can say is that rumor....and it is only one that is really doing the rounds....has done the rounds......I have just spent time going thru facebook friends of hers and everyone has heard that rumor......so it just goes to show the power of social sites. (think egypt and Libya)

I know alot of people dont like it and think that everything said on these sites should be dismissed, I certainly dont dismiss them as just rumor. Yes quite a few times it is someone causing trouble or being a smart alec, but also people do like to gossip, if you dont like it you have to accept it and facebook, twitter, myspace and youtube have taken over the telephone and neighbourhood shop as the main way to gossip.

Also being a policemans daughter I can guarantee that we the general public are not told everything and can be manipulated by the LE through media, not for bad reasons but for legal reasons or to not spook suspects etc.

My father used to have the police station under our house and when I was a teenager I took his keys without him knowing and found the police journals that only police were to read about cases, both from australia and worldwide and I learnt there and then how little we really know.

I hope this rumor is true as it means she is alive

I think LE would have to let the locals know if Holly had been found, as many hundreds of people are probably planning to be there at 7am to begin the search once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam