Deceased/Not Found TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *PLEA: No Contest* *appeal filed 2023* #3

bocal.gif
up for @AnnInOhio ! Do you have access to the court site? If so, maybe they have the next court hearing for Krystal?

Edited to add - I have a note that says Joseph should be having a motions hearing on his appeal in January - anything there also?

TIA!
c0126.gif

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/krystal-daniels-trial-postponed-until-march

The anticipated second trial in this high-profile case was set to begin next week. Now, it's pushed back until March.

Krystal's attorneys want to wait to see the findings of the TBI investigation, which won't be complete until March.

Another reason behind the postponement is the prosecutor's health. District Attorney Ray Crouch has COVID-19. He told the judge he is symptomatic, sick and in quarantine. He wouldn't be ready to prosecute if the trial began this Tuesday.

The new trial date is March 16, 2022.

Looks like there was an online meeting on Tuesday, 1/25...

Krystal Daniels trial delayed for investigation, quarantine

Jan. 27, 2022

The Krystal Daniels trial has been pushed back another month so the recent death of a witness can be investigated and so the district attorney can quarantine.

During online meetings Tuesday, Dickson County Circuit Court Judge David Wolfe said the trial needed to be delayed – but he didn’t extend the start date much longer.
[.....]
District Attorney Ray Crouch said during the Zoom meeting that the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation probe into the death was nearly complete and the autopsy would be finished by March.
[.....]
Wolfe set her trial date for March 16.
[.....]
During the same hearing, Joseph Daniels’ attorney, Jake Lockert, said he was waiting on the investigation results as part of his motion seeking a new trial for Daniels.

“I don’t know that (the investigation is) going to have a great deal of relevance but certainly you are entitled to look into it however you want,” Wolfe said.

The hearing for a new trial for Joseph Daniels was set for March.

@AnnInOhio - is there any specific date for Joseph's hearing in March and one for Krystal, maybe? TIA! :)

To keep my notes straight - I'm going to go ahead & post this - even if it is a few days late. And I can shorten it up a bit! :)

Tuesday, January 25th:
*Status Hearing (@ am ET) – TN – Joseph “Joe Clyde” Daniels III (5) (April 3, 2018, Dickson; still missing) – *Krystal Nicole Daniels (27/now 30) “mom” arrested & charged (4/9/18) & indicted (6/8/18) with criminal responsibility aggravated child neglect & filing a false report. Charged (5/26/20) with criminal responsibility aggravated child neglect, accessory after the fact & making false reports to officers. Additional Charges & arraigned (9/14/21) with conspiracy to commit aggravated child abuse or neglect, filing a false report & evidence tampering or fabricating evidence. Plead not guilty. $1M bond.
Trial was set to begin on 2/1/22 with jury selection but due to COVID (the DA) continued to 3/16/22. Jury will be chosen from Stewart County but the trial will be in Dickson County. Expected to last 10 days.
Court hearings from 6/4/18 thru 11/12/21 reference post #297 here:
Still Missing - *GUILTY* TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *arrests* #3

12/28/21 Update: Judge David D. Wolfe presiding. Motion to set aside the Motion for Mental Evaluation - Granted. Motion for a Bill of Particulars - State & Defense are in agreement. Motion to Suppress Defendant's Statement (from 4/19/18) - Motion is being heard now. State's witness TCI Special Agent in charge Ronnie Faulkner. He was sent over to do polygraph. Judge Wolfe will review the 6 hour video & transcript & will make his ruling on 1/7/22 @ 1:30pm in Cheatham County, as he as a 4-day trial in that County. Arguments to be filed by 1/4/22.
12/30/21 Update: Baby Joe witness reportedly dead. What we know as of 11:10pm. Early reports indicate that David McCormick has died as a result of a self inflected gun shot wound. McCormick is the man that testified that he believes he saw Baby Joe Clyde Daniel's down the road the night of his disappearance. Reportedly the TBI is on the scene. Developing.
1/7/22 Update: Virtual hearing: Present Judge David D. Wolfe, DA Ray Crouch & defense attorneys Mike Flanagan & Timothy Wills & defendant present. The Judge ruled that the post-polygraph test portion of Krystal's interview is admissible; but will be redacted to remove any references to the polygraph.
1/25/22 Update: During online meetings Tuesday, 1/25/22, Dickson County Circuit Court Judge David Wolfe said the trial needed to be delayed – but he didn’t extend the start date much longer. District Attorney Ray Crouch said during the Zoom meeting that the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation probe into the death was nearly complete & the autopsy would be finished by March. Wolfe set her trial date for March 16. Another reason behind the postponement is the prosecutor's health. District Attorney Ray Crouch has COVID-19. He told the judge he is symptomatic, sick & in quarantine. He wouldn't be ready to prosecute if the trial began this Tuesday. The new trial date is 3/16/22.
*Joseph Ray Daniels (28/now 31) “father” - Trial began on 6/1/21 to 6/11/21: Verdict: Guilty on 2nd degree murder (lesser offense), 1st degree murder in perpetration of a felony, aggravated child abuse, initiating a false report & tampering with evidence. Sentenced on 9/14/21 to 51 years in prison before eligible for parole. Appeal motions hearing for new trial in March, 2022. No specific date.

FEB 1, 2022
Lawmaker proposes 'Joe Clyde Daniels Act' after autistic Tennessee boy killed by father | WZTV (fox17.com)
State Senator Kerry Roberts (R-Springfield-D25) has filed SB2223, otherwise known as the "Joe Clyde Daniels Act."

The bill would require the Board of Parole to consider as a factor the "extent to which the offender obstructed or continues to obstruct the ability of law enforcement to recover the remains of the victim." The considerations would be applied to persons convicted of homicide seeking parole.

If passed, the law would go into effect July 1, 2022.

FEB 2, 2022
Lawmakers propose 'Joe Clyde Daniels Act' in Tennessee (newschannel5.com)
"If there is a parole eligibility, it needs to be reserved for people who can someday be redeemed with a lot of work. I don’t think that’s what’s happening in this trial. And especially when you see someone who intentionally obstructs justice by hiding human remains or not revealing where human remains are," said Curcio.

So that's what the proposed Joe Clyde Daniels Act would do. If the applicant avoids telling law enforcement where a body can be found, that can be a justification for the Tennessee Board of Parole to deny release.

I see two new articles this morning, Niner. Unfortunately, no specifics on court dates.

FEB 7, 2022
State legislation introduced in memory of Joe Clyde Daniels | State | therogersvillereview.com

State legislation introduced in memory of Joe Clyde Daniels | Tennessee State Headlines | citizentribune.com
A trial for Krystal Daniels, the boy’s mother, has been postponed until March. She is charged with aggravated child abuse and neglect.

Thanks for checking it out! :)

@AnnInOhio - I have your name as a person that might be able to look up some hearing dates?

Looking for Krystal's - last hearing was 1/25/22 with trial starting 3/16/22.

And Joseph is supposed to have a hearing in March re motion for a new trial. Anything on that yet?

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

@AnnInOhio - I have your name as a person that might be able to look up some hearing dates?

Looking for Krystal's - last hearing was 1/25/22 with trial starting 3/16/22.

And Joseph is supposed to have a hearing in March re motion for a new trial. Anything on that yet?

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif
My understanding is Krystal's trial is scheduled for 3/16 thru 3/25.
I don't see where Joe Daniels has filed an appeal yet, or when his request for a new trial will be heard (apparently by Judge Wolfe)

My understanding is Krystal's trial is scheduled for 3/16 thru 3/25.
I don't see where Joe Daniels has filed an appeal yet, or when his request for a new trial will be heard (apparently by Judge Wolfe)

Thank you! Yes, I have Krystal's trial date - was wondering if she might have a hearing before than.
And here's what I have regarding Joseph's appeal -

1/25/22 Update: During the Krystal's hearing, 1/25/22, Joseph Daniels’ attorney, Jake Lockert, said he was waiting on the investigation results as part of his motion seeking a new trial for Daniels. The motions hearing for a new trial for Joseph Daniels was set for March.

I'll go ahead & post this - and see if @AnnInOhio tells me any different... didn't find any current articles.

Wednesday, March 16th:
*Trial set to begin (@ am ET) – TN – Joseph “Joe Clyde” Daniels III (5) (April 3, 2018, Dickson; still missing) – *Krystal Nicole Daniels (27/now 30) “mom” arrested & charged (4/9/18) & indicted (6/8/18) with criminal responsibility aggravated child neglect & filing a false report. Charged (5/26/20) with criminal responsibility aggravated child neglect, accessory after the fact & making false reports to officers. Additional Charges & arraigned (9/14/21) with conspiracy to commit aggravated child abuse or neglect, filing a false report & evidence tampering or fabricating evidence. Plead not guilty. $1M bond.
Trial set to begin on 3/16/22. Jury will be chosen from Stewart County but the trial will be in Dickson County. Expected to last 10 days.
Court hearings from 6/4/18 thru 1/7/22 reference post #304 here:
Still Missing - *GUILTY* TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *arrests* #3

1/25/22 Update: During online meetings Tuesday 1/25/22, Dickson County Circuit Court Judge David Wolfe said the trial needed to be delayed – but he didn’t extend the start date much longer. District Attorney Ray Crouch said during the Zoom meeting that the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation probe into the death was nearly complete & the autopsy would be finished by March. Wolfe set her trial date for March 16. Another reason behind the postponement is the prosecutor's health. District Attorney Ray Crouch has COVID-19. He told the judge he is symptomatic, sick & in quarantine. He wouldn't be ready to prosecute if the trial began this Tuesday. The new trial date is 3/16/22.
*Joseph Ray Daniels (28/now 31) “father” - Trial began on 6/1/21 to 6/11/21: Verdict: Guilty on 2nd degree murder (lesser offense), 1st degree murder in perpetration of a felony, aggravated child abuse, initiating a false report & tampering with evidence. Sentenced on 9/14/21 to 51 years in prison before eligible for parole. Appeal motions hearing for new trial in March, 2022. No specific date.

An agreement has been reached. Krystal has entered a no contest plea.

Sentencing

Count 1
Aggravated child abuse - 15 years.

Count 2
Conspiracy to commit aggravated child abuse - 12 years.

Count 3
False report - 4 years.

Count 4
Tampering with evidence - 6 years.

Served at 85%. To run concurrently.

15 years in total.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/j...gin-wednesday-in-the-trial-of-krystal-daniels

March 16, 2022

CHARLOTTE, Tenn. (WTVF) — Krystal Daniels, the mother of Joe Clyde Daniels, accepted a plea deal the morning her trial was set to begin.

On Wednesday, jury selection was scheduled to begin in the trial. Instead, Krystal entered a plea of no contest to the charges of aggravated child abuse/neglect/endangerment, conspiracy to commit aggravated child abuse, making false reports to an officer and tampering with evidence.

Krystal has been sentenced to 15 years in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back