Deceased/Not Found TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *PLEA: No Contest* *appeal filed 2023* #3

Baby Joe,
Your parents' have received their punishment for the crimes committed against you. I hope and pray one day that your remains are found so that we can properly lay you to rest. I know this doesn't fix everything and that you have already forgiven them. Please bear with those of us that are trying our best to do so as we should.
Fly High Sweet Angle, Fly High!! I will always see your happy face when I see an apple!!

Last edited:
@AnnInOhio - just wondering if there might be a motion hearing court date set yet for JD's appeal for a new trial? An article said in March, but gave no date.

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif.pagespeed.ce.NgmNDJ18zj.gif

bocal.gif
up for little Joe Clyde... since I "lost" my "go-to" person...

Wondering if anyone else can access the Dickson County court site? Joseph was supposed to have a hearing regarding his motion for new trial. It was supposed to happen sometime in March (per an article).

Unfortunately, I do not have his case # - Joseph Ray Daniels, 31.

TIA if someone can help!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

Wish I could help, Niner, but I can't access that one. I also didn't find anything in MSM about the hearing. I found this, though. :(

APR 18, 2022
Will Joe Clyde Daniels' body ever be found? (newschannel5.com)
[,,,]

There are many theories, but those close to the case say the most likely location is a landfill.

The father went to a Dickson truck stop the night Joe Clyde disappeared. He could have put the small body in a dumpster, which was emptied before Joe Clyde was even reported missing.

To this day, it's not clear exactly which landfill the trash truck went to, and even with cadaver dogs, searching acres of debris for a small child's remains is almost an impossible task.

The sad reality is Joe Clyde's body may never be found.

[...]

Wish I could help, Niner, but I can't access that one. I also didn't find anything in MSM about the hearing. I found this, though. :(

APR 18, 2022
Will Joe Clyde Daniels' body ever be found? (newschannel5.com)
[,,,]

There are many theories, but those close to the case say the most likely location is a landfill.

The father went to a Dickson truck stop the night Joe Clyde disappeared. He could have put the small body in a dumpster, which was emptied before Joe Clyde was even reported missing.

To this day, it's not clear exactly which landfill the trash truck went to, and even with cadaver dogs, searching acres of debris for a small child's remains is almost an impossible task.

The sad reality is Joe Clyde's body may never be found.

[...]

:(

Bumping for May - just in case someone can find "something" about Daniels' motion hearing for a new trial.

TIA if anyone can find "something"!! :)

June 13, 2022
CHARLOTTE, Tenn. (WTVF) — New developments in the Joe Clyde Daniel's case.
NewsChannel 5 obtained exclusive details on how and why he and his attorney will argue the conviction should be thrown out.
[.....]
But now, Daniels is fighting to have the conviction vacated arguing there was insufficient evidence.

It's a motion that will likely end up at the State Court of Appeals.

But first Daniels will ask the judge in Dickson County for a new trial.

"We had a lot of reversible errors in the trial. So he advised he wants to pursue an appeal," said defense attorney Jake Lockert.

So, what reversible errors?
[.....]
The defense will argue the confession was coerced, that Daniels had recanted and there was no evidence to support it.

Which leads to the second issue: Prosecutors had no blood, DNA or any physical evidence to even prove Joe Clyde was dead after he disappeared from his Dickson home in 2018.
[.....]
The prosecution will argue that Joseph was rightfully convicted and it's unlikely the judge will grant the new trial.

In which case, the defense argument will be moved to the Court of Appeals.

Joe Clyde's mother Krystal agreed to a plea deal earlier this year to serve 15 years for aggravated child abuse.

She cannot appeal.

@AnnInOhio - I see you were here yesterday - if you are still here - is there any updates on Joseph's appeal for a new trial?

TIA!

and hoping ALL is well in your household! :)

@AnnInOhio - I see you were here yesterday - if you are still here - is there any updates on Joseph's appeal for a new trial?

TIA!

and hoping ALL is well in your household! :)
Not that I can find - I keep looking. Husband is battling stage 4 Esophageal cancer, going through chemo & immunotherapy but is hanging tough.

Still finding nothing on the motions hearing that was supposed to have happened in March...

Anyone else? TIA if you find something.

and does anyone have access to Dickson County court site? Wondering what it says on there.

TIA! :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500