GUILTY TN - Lisa, 55, & Joel Guy Sr, 61, dismembered, Knoxville, 25 Nov 2016 *Son Arrested*

Hearing reset for man charged in parents' W. Knox killings

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/crime/2017/01/17/hearing-reset-man-charged-parents-w-knox-killings/96664418/

A preliminary hearing has been reset for a man accused of killing his parents and dismembering their bodies inside the couple's West Knox County home over Thanksgiving weekend.

The Tuesday hearing for Joel Michael Guy Jr., 28, was reset to Jan. 31, according to Knox County Sessions Court Judge Geoff Emery.

Grand jury to hear West Knox double-murder case

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/crime/2017/01/31/man-charged-knox-parents-killings-due-court/97276036/

A grand jury will review charges against a man accused of killing and dismembering his parents in their West Knox County home over Thanksgiving weekend.

Joel Michael Guy Jr., 28, waived a preliminary hearing in Knox County General Sessions Court on Tuesday. The case was bound over to a grand jury, according to the Knox County District Attorney General's office.

I just kind of "assumed" Yeah I KNOW! That he lived with them.This reminds me vaguely of the "Ice Box Murders". ( Houston.67) It is considered Unsolved but their Son living there is only listed as "Endangered Missing" and well it's obvious he did it. Just thought I would bring up that case for those interested. Can't wait to hear the Story about THIS GUY!!! HOW AWFUL! So because he didn't live there (without knowing the Story) seems much less likely it was NOT PREMEDITATED.

I just kind of "assumed" Yeah I KNOW! That he lived with them.This reminds me vaguely of the "Ice Box Murders". ( Houston.67) It is considered Unsolved but their Son living there is only listed as "Endangered Missing" and well it's obvious he did it. Just thought I would bring up that case for those interested. Can't wait to hear the Story about THIS GUY!!! HOW AWFUL! So because he didn't live there (without knowing the Story) seems much less likely it was NOT PREMEDITATED. Thanksgiving was the perfect opportunity. Time to plan.And he can forget the "Insanity Plea" tried to cover it up with "Drain Cleaner,Bleach" Etc. OMG

Baton Rouge man indicted in Tennessee on murder charges after parents dismembered - March 24th

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/crime_police/article_b9d93bb6-10b8-11e7-b8ef-43dd566c4c57.html

A Baton Rouge man has been indicted on murder charges after authorities say he killed his parents in their Tennessee home and tried to dissolve their bodies in acid while he was visiting them for Thanksgiving.

The Knox County Sheriff's Office said in a statement that a grand jury Wednesday indicted 28-year-old Joel Michael Guy Jr., of Baton Rouge, on two counts of first-degree murder, two counts of abusing a corpse and one count of felony murder.

I think the perfect defense in this case would be lazy, spoiled rotten little brat syndrome.
I agree with this. How does one defend yourself against your own child? It's probably one of those, "How dare they expect me to work when I want to play video games and eat" syndromes. We have two grandsons who suffer from that malady, sadly. And, we have two other grandsons who are the exact opposite. High achievers. You can't give kids drive, unfortunately. I don't know how one would begin to shield themselves from a demon son like that one was.

Trial Date Set In Case Of Knox Co. Man Accused Of Killing, Dismembering Parents

"A new trial date has been set for the Knox County man accused of dismembering his parents and putting their bodies in acid.

Joel Guy Jr.’s trial is now set for September 28th. It had previously been scheduled to start late February.

In 2017, 31-year-old Joel Guy Jr. was indicted on two counts of first-degree murder, two counts of abuse of a corpse and one count of felony murder."

Trial date set in case of Knox Co. man accused of killing, dismembering parents

Joel Guy in court for evidentiary hearing over 2016 murder case

"The man accused of killing his parents and trying to destroy their bodies was in court again Tuesday with his trial set to start later in the year.

On Tuesday, Judge Steve Sword heard motions from Guy’s defense team on whether to suppress evidence and about destruction of evidence at the crime scene.

Judge Sword says he would issue a written ruling later.

Guy’s trial is set for late September of 2020; he’s accused of killing his parents at their West Knox County home and then dismembering their bodies and putting the remains into acid."

Evidence Reviewed Ahead Of Trial For Man Accused Of Killing, Dismembering Parents At Knox County Home

"A Knox County man accused of murdering and dismembering his parents appeared before a Knox County Judge Thursday morning.

Attorneys discussed which evidence would be submitted during the trial and how photos of the “extremely graphic” crime scene would be edited due to their disturbing nature. The defense argued the images would be too distressing to members of the jury.

The prosecutor from the district attorney’s office said photographic evidence of a pot on the stove with one of the victim’s head inside would not be shown in court.

In 2017, Joel Guy Jr., 31, was indicted on two counts of first-degree murder, two counts of abuse of a corpse and one count of felony murder after a “horrific” crime in November 2016 at Guy’s parent’s home on Goldenview Lane.

Sometime between November 25 and November 26 in 2016, two victims, identified 61-year-old Joel and 55-year-old Lisa Guy, were found dismembered. Their remains were discovered in containers of acidic chemicals at 11434 Goldenview Lane. The containers were found in different parts of the home.

Investigators said there were signs of a struggle in the home and that the victims were possibly tortured. Officials described the crime scene as “horrific.”

“It would be described as horrific, a very gruesome crime scene,” said Major Michael MacLean, of the Knox County Sheriff’s Office.

Officials said Joel and Lisa Guy were viciously stabbed, and their bodies were dismembered and placed in an acid-based solution to destroy evidence. Law enforcement said neighbors did not hear anything."

Accused murderer Joel Guy Jr. files motion to represent himself | WATE 6 On Your Side

"Joel Guy Jr., the man accused of murdering and dismembering his parents in 2016, wants to act as his own counsel.

That’s according to the newest motion filed by Guy’s defense attorneys on Tuesday, with a hearing on that motion is set for Wednesday morning.

Guy is accused of murdering and dismembering his parents at their West Knox County home over the 2016 Thanksgiving holiday. He’s facing charges of first-degree murder, felony murder and abuse of a corpse."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back