AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that'd qualify as a "hurry to the command center" level tip.

Why not? If LE had a clip of a similar looking kid at some Walmart that was turned in as a tip, wouldn’t LE want Mom to say right away if she thought it was Summer so they could tell people in that area to look for her?

Not sure - I think this might have occurred yesterday as it seemed I heard it mentioned during last night news posted as post #6 in this thread.
Crapola!!! I think this is ALL from yesterday’s interview just left out the snippet that was posted today!
Here’s the rest of the interview, I think!

Thanks for catching that! Now, I’m not as hopeful :(

Crapola!!! I think this is ALL from yesterday’s interview just left out the snippet that was posted today!

What ?! That call to the commander center happened LAST NIGHT !

Ugh, I'm going to take a nap. This stuff is too damned much for my nerves today.

No worries @Gigi3 - there are so many news clips and media snippets from a one week period of time, it can be easy to get mixed up.

With the 200+ tips they have so far, wonder what tip is significant enough to send the parents to the command center??
Where it came from and how and why it went to the parents? ETA this was when I got the impression that MOM had gotten the tip and was taking it to the command center, before it was posted MOM was with the DA when the tip came in

Last edited:
What ?! That call to the commander center happened LAST NIGHT !

Ugh, I'm going to take a nap. This stuff is too damned much for my nerves today.
It appears that way, doesn’t it? They intentionally left out that short snippet in the original version and waited until today to post it!

I had my hopes up that they had a tip today! Blows my mind. I probably need to nap now too!

I don't think this video has been posted yet. If it has... just scroll on. The video plays better on Youtube so I brought it from there to here.

Summer's father allowed news people to come to his home today but did not want to talk on camera. It looks, to me, like he was cleaning up the yard a bit. I imagine he feels terribly exposed and shamed by hearing and reading all the talk about his family, his history, the history of his older son, the missing sister-in-law, his arrest for DV.... he'd have to shovel through all that to just see those who wish Summer and her family well and send a wish for a god-sent miracle for her coming back home again; alive and safe. Maybe he's finally stopped talking for good; seeing as how most of what he said has been turned against the family and has taken the attention from Summer.

But, that last reporter who spoke with him set the tone and the subject matter, imo. What was discussed was not chosen by D Wells but, rather solicited from him with a condition or a promise that it was the best action to take:
"Your past is going to be out there now so you might as well get your side of the stories out there first." (Paraphrased but it's a form of a mild threat... and the tactic was repeated 3 or 4 times. What a dishonorable way to get an anguished parent to speak... not about their missing daughter! But about their own past!

And, what has been accomplished? Entertainment for many, increased $ clicking on news sites, and the focus shifted off of Summer. I don't think this father had anything to do with whatever happened to Summer. I think he's in a state of stunned and confused denial and he thought he would find understanding and support by talking to people who cared about Summer and his family.

<modsnip>

I am incredibly weary of these so-called journalists who do not have a sense of ethics. They found someone they can manipulate and badger and they will never let up until DW stops talking to them.

"Search efforts will continue on a more specialized team basis. Just because we may not be seen as such a large presence in the area, rest assured that we have not quit and won’t quit until we find Summer Wells."
Vl4jAfAy

https://twitter.com/wcti12/status/1407707518059569156

Weather, terrain giving rescue squad problems in search for Summer Wells

I don't think this video has been posted yet. If it has... just scroll on. The video plays better on Youtube so I brought it from there to here.

Summer's father allowed news people to come to his home today but did not want to talk on camera. It looks, to me, like he was cleaning up the yard a bit. I imagine he feels terribly exposed and shamed by hearing and reading all the talk about his family, his history, the history of his older son, the missing sister-in-law, his arrest for DV.... he'd have to shovel through all that to just see those who wish Summer and her family well and send a wish for a god-sent miracle for her coming back home again; alive and safe. Maybe he's finally stopped talking for good; seeing as how most of what he said has been turned against the family and has taken the attention from Summer.

But, that last reporter who spoke with him set the tone and the subject matter, imo. What was discussed was not chosen by D Wells but, rather solicited from him with a condition or a promise that it was the best action to take:
"Your past is going to be out there now so you might as well get your side of the stories out there first." (Paraphrased but it's a form of a mild threat... and the tactic was repeated 3 or 4 times. What a dishonorable way to get an anguished parent to speak... not about their missing daughter! But about their own past!

And, what has been accomplished? Entertainment for many, increased $ clicking on news sites, and the focus shifted off of Summer. I don't think this father had anything to do with whatever happened to Summer. I think he's in a state of stunned and confused denial and he thought he would find understanding and support by talking to people who cared about Summer and his family.

bbm
Actually the reporter did not seem to be threatening or dishonorable, but asking pertinent questions to understand the dynamics surrounding Summer's vanishing.
All the reporter wants is to help find Summer and that's the main focus.
DW Sr. has been very forthcoming, and seems to want to speak with the media.

Since LE have said -- and are still repeating -- that they are investigating the circumstances of how Summer came to be missing ?
LE seem to be unclear about that.

DW Sr. has himself offered a plethora of information and seems to be the spokesperson for the family so maybe he wants people to understand his side ?
Although I do agree with your post, that everything DW has volunteered vocally up until now has nothing to do with how Summer disappeared and has taken the focus off of her.
DW Sr. has freely given much information out, but nothing to do with Summer.
That's certainly true.
Imo.

Last edited:
Our house backs up to a protected green space/very wooded area. We don't live in a rural spot so I'm imagining the woods surrounding Summer's home would be even more dense/harder to navigate than what we have. My kiddo had a ball that picked up speed and went down into the woods. I was going to call it a loss but my husband went down in there after it. I wouldn't go into it with shoes on, can't imagine barefoot. :(

Myrtle Beach, SC advertising agency spreads word about missing Summer Wells with 20 billboards | NBC4 WCMH-TV

A South Carolina advertising agency is using its billboards to help spread the word about Summer Wells.

[...]

“I saw a post come across my Facebook about it and then when I read that she had been missing,” [AA] said. “My first thought, ‘she could be anywhere at this point.’ So we felt like we needed to step in to help.”

[...]

“We have Summer’s ad on 20 billboards. She’s had 43,000 exposures in the last two days,” [AA] said. “The impact is powerful.”

summer-wells-billboard.jpg

Here’s the thing….if family is not involved in Summer’s disappearance LE will tell us that. I have followed other cases where families were getting trashed and LE came out and said they were not considered suspects and then everyone moved on.

In this case, LE has neither confirmed or denied any family involvement.

So that’s where we are. As long as LE continues on the path of neither confirming or denying pretty much everything, we will continue to side-eye family because it appears that LE is doing the same.

If they are NOT INVOLVED LE needs to tell us otherwise, nothing is going to change in the discussion.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member