Toys For Tots rejects Jesus doll

Mabel said:
Goodfellows is one charity I always support. When I was on my own with two small boys and couldn't afford Christmas someone gave them my name and they showed up at my house with the fixings for a complete Christmas dinner and tons of presents for the kids. On of the men asked where my tree was and I told them I didn't have one. A few hours later they were back with a tree, ornaments, and lights. It was a great feeling the following year when they were collecting donations and I was able to give a little something to help another family.
That is the true spirit of Christmas, I love hearing stories like that..
They're saying there will be 130 000 families here in Oz that can't afford Christmas this year, so sad for all the little kiddies..
There are all sorts of charities that help out, the Salvo's (Salvation Army) are so good at any time of the year but especially at Christmas and the Uniting Church does a present drive and people leave pressies under trees in the malls and shopping centres...
I hope too many don't miss out...Christmas was great when you were a kid.

poco said:
Not a very good resemblance if you ask me........ :angel:

How do you know?? I thought you said he hadn't been over in a while!!!

Okay, I am going to stop these thoughts, or I will go to the Place I am not sure I believe in!!

Mabel said:
Goodfellows is one charity I always support. When I was on my own with two small boys and couldn't afford Christmas someone gave them my name and they showed up at my house with the fixings for a complete Christmas dinner and tons of presents for the kids. On of the men asked where my tree was and I told them I didn't have one. A few hours later they were back with a tree, ornaments, and lights. It was a great feeling the following year when they were collecting donations and I was able to give a little something to help another family.
What a sweet story Mabel!:blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back