Transgender considerations in UID remains and missing/murder investigations

I came across this page a while ago and have wanted to post it here because I thought it was interesting since I could not find some of these unidentified listed anywhere. Maybe they are but I just could not find them. Anyway I thought I would add them to this thread.

Full text of "Transgender tapestry"

Unidentified crossdressed male
Cause: Puncture wounds over
the right eye
Died: Early 1972

Unknown Transsexual
Cause: Stabbed 121 times.
Died: 1982

Unknown Man Wearing A Dress
Cause: Multiple gunshot wounds.
Died: February 18, 1991

Unknown man wearing wig
Cause: Killed by blow to head
Died: October 29, 1991

Unidentified crossdressep male
Cause: Shot to death
Died: December 20, 1992

Unknown man wearing women's CLOTHING
Cause: Shot in the abdomen.
Died: February 25, 1999

Unknown White Male Wearing
Women's Clothing .
Cause: Shot to Death-
Died: 24 Feb. 1999

I came across this page a while ago and have wanted to post it here because I thought it was interesting since I could not find some of these unidentified listed anywhere. Maybe they are but I just could not find them. Anyway I thought I would add them to this thread.

the right eye

Unknown Transsexual

Unknown man wearing wig

Women's Clothing .
I wonder how many more are they that are not even listed

the right eye

Unknown Transsexual

Unknown man wearing wig

Women's Clothing .
Excellent link! Going to check out the Montreal case.

I thought I would add him too

2864UMNY

Date of Discovery: April 4, 2011
Location of Discovery: Gilgo Beach, Suffolk County, New York
Estimated Date of Death: 5 to 10 years prior
State of Remains: Skeletal
Cause of Death: Homicide by a blow to the head

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 17-23 years old
Race: Asian
Gender: Male. Based on the victim's clothing, it is possible that the decedent may have lived as a woman.
Height: 5'6"
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: The victim may have had a musculoskeletal disorder that affected how the decedent walked.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Poor dental health. The victim was missing top and bottom molars and a front tooth missing, possibly for some time before death.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Women's clothing, description unavailable.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

The decedent, believed to be a victim of the Long Island Serial Killer, was discovered at Ocean Parkway, located in Gilgo Beach, New York in April 2011. The remains of an unidentified toddler matched through DNA to 151UFNY were found nearby, along with additional remains linked to 1047UFNY. It is possible that this particular victim was a sex worker and may have been killed after it was found out by the killer that the victim was not a cisgender woman.

I thought I would post this from this site.. since its what the thread is about.

"Out of respect, [the media]
should have identified her pro-
perly," says Waters. "But I don't
care about the press. That's not
the issue. The real issue is that
she's dead, and where is her
killer?"

Jeff Epperly, the editor of Bay
Windows, says that he, too,
believes the main issue is that
someone was brutally murdered. "If
we were writing a feature piece, we
would go with [the gender identifica-
tion] the subject wanted," explains
Epperly. "But this is the news, and
we have to deal with the facts. And
the fact, according to police records,
is that the victim was biologically a
man."

Epperly adds that in some cases
when he has asked transgender indi-
viduals to identify their sex, they
can't. "In fact, they say categories
aren't important," he says. "So this
whole thing is very puzzling to me."

Just noticed this bit, rbbm. in an unrelated Doe profile, perhaps something to keep in mind.
2463UMMS
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2463umms.html
That also means that such remains are not automatically compared to female missing persons

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
It's only on Doe net they're not listed right, NamUs they're correct and that's what really matters. Easy to check too if the ME case number is on the Doe net listing. It's the one benefit of the new NamUs which I so far despise.
Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP13323 Unsure, Uncertain

I came across these also from June 1978 in Georgia Unknown Sex

unidentified-remains- Eatonton GA update10302013 | Georgia Bureau of Investigation

Case Info
Race:
Black
Weight:
130, slim build
Height:
Unknown
Hair Color:
Brown/Black
Eyes:
Brown
Birth Range:
15 - 22
Contact Info:
GBI Regional Office in Milledgeville - 478-445-4173

Remains were found in a coal car of a train while stopped in Eatonton, GA at the Georgia Power Plant. The train was put together in Ferriston, Kentucky and then went to Etowah, Tennessee the same day. The train arrived in Atlanta on June 8, 1978 and left the following day en route to Camak, GA (Warren Co.). The train arrived in Eatonton on June 10, 1978. It is unknown in which city the remains were placed on the car.

Dental Records are available.

Attachments

• Eatonton[1].jpg
    Eatonton[1].jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

the right eye

Unknown Transsexual

Unknown man wearing wig

Women's Clothing .

the right eye

It bothers me about this NYC case because I have found nothing on this. As I have said before, I have such a hard time finding info on any unidentified cases NYC from the 70s and 80s it's like the paperwork was lost or never uploaded on any of the sites?
I have not really looked at anything prior to that since I like to concentrate mostly on those years and early 90s. I don't know all I do know is that it's just so so frustrating !!!

the right eye

It bothers me about this NYC case because I have found nothing on this. As I have said before, I have such a hard time finding info on any unidentified cases NYC from the 70s and 80s it's like the paperwork was lost or never uploaded on any of the sites?
I have not really looked at anything prior to that since I like to concentrate mostly on those years and early 90s. I don't know all I do know is that it's just so so frustrating !!!
Many people listed here with some details and sometimes with pics. Still looking around for that 1972 murder.
http://students673.ucr.edu/docsserver/lgbt/trans_remembrance_display_posters.pdf

Many people listed here with some details and sometimes with pics. Still looking around for that 1972 murder.
http://students673.ucr.edu/docsserver/lgbt/trans_remembrance_display_posters.pdf

Thank you dotr for finding this long list. Great Find!.. I still have not gone through it all but I just found another NYC UID that is not on Namus or anywhere. Unless they have been identified by now??

Unknown Crossdresser Prostitute

Cause of Death: Beaten and stabbed to death by Augustin Rosado
Date of Death: February 8, 1992 Location: Bronx, New York
Source: Orlando Sentinal, February 9, 1992
Mr. Rosado, shortly after the murder, jumped to his own death.

Last edited:
I found this and just wanted to post it here. He is from New York City.
A Stonewall Survivor Spills All: 'It Was 70% People Of Color'

Did you ever turn tricks?
Yes, as a young semi drag. There were seven of us. We used to call ourselves the Baby Beauties. One of them was murdered and another disappeared. Some girls didn’t tell their tricks they were men and they got killed. I had seen friends get killed or stabbed, all over their face. Out of my whole little group, I’m the only one alive. This was pre-AIDS. The deaths were from a lot of drugs — heroin — and from getting killed.

I came across this one tonight and wanted to add to our growing list.
581UFCA

581UFCA - Unidentified Female or Male
581UFCA.jpg
581UFCA1.jpg
581UFCA2.jpg
581UFCA3.jpg
581UFCA4.jpg

Decedent's clothing and watch.

Date of Discovery: July 11, 1971
Location of Discovery: Montrose, Los Angeles County, California
Estimated Date of Death: 7 months to a year prior
State of Remains: Skeletal
Cause of Death: Unknown

Estimated Age: 15-25 years old
Race: Unknown
Sex: Female
Height: 5'3" to 5'8"
Weight: Unknown, but believed to have been slim based on clothing sizes.
Hair Color: Brown with red and black. Described as "kinky."
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Long tapered fingers; long feet; manicured fingernails.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Full set of teeth; slight gap in top front teeth. She had Torus palatinus (bony growth on palate).
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Not available

Clothing: Orange/yellow skirt, 27" at waist, 34" at hip, 22" in length; full 34" white slip, lace trim; white turtle neck knit sweater, 14 1/2" shoulder to shoulder; white 34 A bra, Loveable brand; white socks, possibly thermal or athletic.
Jewelry: 1957 Bulova ladies watch. Yellow metal case with yellow metal expansion band with broken link. Serial number T 556641.

Circumstances of Discovery
The decedent was located approximately fifty feet down an embankment from the north side Angeles Crest Highway 1/4 mile West of Red Box Canyon Ranger Station, in Montrose, California on July 11, 1971. She may have been buried in a shallow grave.

581UFCA

I very rarely discuss this with strangers since people can be intrusive and I'm an introvert, but my partner is transgendered (MTF, or male to female).

When a person transitions AND takes hormones (estrogen for MTF, testosterone for FTM) on a regular basis, there are changes to their muscular structure. I have heard that there can also be changes to skeletal structure, but am having a hard time finding a good link to back this up. The International Olympic Committee only permits trans athletes to compete if their hormones are within the average range associated with people who are born female (see The Transgender Athlete).

The earlier in life someone begins taking hormones, the more his/her body will look like the sex to which he/she is transitioning. Now that people are more aware of trans issues, some adolescents who are trans are being allowed to take hormones that suppress secondary sexual characteristics. This is so they can decide when they're an adult whether or not they wish to fully transition.

I don't know much about osteology, but some people who are MTF have facial feminization procedures done such as brow ridge reduction and cheekbone enhancement. I would certainly expect these to show up on a skeleton.

Carbuff, your latter question is very important. Each state has its own laws regarding changing birth gender on official documents. You do have to go to court to get a name change. My partner is fortunate enough to have been born in California and has an official (re-issued) birth certificate listing the name she uses now and listing her gender as female. By contrast, if we were in Texas, they would still consider her male because that state uses your chromosomal makeup to dictate whether you're male or female.

My partner's path follows the ideal in many respects--she had enough family support and financial resources to go through full surgery, changing her name, etc. Many trans people don't have this--they might not have had surgery, are taking black-market hormones (very dangerous), or their families don't accept them for who they are.
Thank you for this very educational post.

MadamX thank you so much for continuing to post on these. I wanted to do a twitter page (and possibly a wiki or something.) focused entirely on LGBTQ missing and unidentified people. I don't think there's currently a concerted effort or group from anyone else in the community to do so. Your continued posts are very helpful.

MadamX thank you so much for continuing to post on these. I wanted to do a twitter page (and possibly a wiki or something.) focused entirely on LGBTQ missing and unidentified people. I don't think there's currently a concerted effort or group from anyone else in the community to do so. Your continued posts are very helpful.

Thank you tooKaylaraOwl! Oh that would be great if you did a page! No I have not seen any page anywhere that has Only features unidentified LGBTQ. There are various pages similar and for missing. But nothing like this.

I wanted to do something a while ago, like a Facebook but I have no time to maintain it. I have seen so many of these UIDs but they are all over the place and I feel they end up falling through the cracks And overlooked.

When I found this wonderful thread I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to group them all together. Some have their own threads on WS and some do not but I think at least as a group here on this thread there is more of a chance they might get looked at. I don't know that is just my thoughts.

I don't know if this guy would qualify but wanted to include him because of his bikini and multicolored bikini underwear.

264UMNJ - Unidentified Male
264UMNJ.jpg

Sketch of Victim by Wesley Neville

Date of Discovery: November 15, 1978
Location of Discovery: Teaneck, Bergen County, New Jersey
Estimated Date of Death: 1978
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 30-45 years old
Race: White
Height: 5'2"-5'4"
Weight: 120-125
Hair Color: Black with some grey. Styled professionally
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Wore clear nail polish. May have been a musician. Lip configuration and front teeth discoloration consistent with use of mouthpiece for brass (trumpet, trombone, etc). No tattoos.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. T8 9 10 Have mesial silicate restoration. T9 overlaps T10. Possible lingual restoration on T10
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Not Available

Clothing: White t-shirt, multi-colored bikini underwear, calf-length gray wool-style socks

The victim was found by the Department of Public Works in a leaf-composting site near Windsor Road in Teaneck, New Jersey.

I had seen a thread on this kid before but never noticed the female clothing. So with that Iam posting him here. Sadly there are no details on what the clothing were.

662UMFL - Unidentified Female or Male
662UMFL1.jpg
662UMFL.jpg

Reconstructions of the victim (left by Samantha Steinberg).

Date of Discovery: January 5, 1988
Location of Discovery: Miami, Miami-Dade County, Florida
Estimated Date of Death: Recent
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Homicide

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 10-21 years old
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 145 to 153 lbs.
Hair: Light brown to blond; longer in the back, extending to his neck.
Eye Color: Gray or brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scars on his left forearm, right forearm, right thigh, and on both wrists.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Good dental health with no evidence of treatment.
Fingerprints: Available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing: White shirt with flag decal; blue jeans; white ankle socks and high-top white and blue sneakers. Additionally, women's clothing was found with the body.

The victim was located in a hotel in Miami, Florida on January 5, 1988.

At the time, he was working with a group of young persons as a magazine subscription salesman.

He had given his name to others as "Robert," "Bob" or "Bobby Copeland" and claimed he was a foster child from NY State but searches under that name have been unproductive.

Investigating Agency(s)

Last edited:
1452UMVA.jpg

Unidentified Black male

• The victim was discovered on November 16, 2007 in Sutherland, Dinwiddie County, Virginia
    • Estimated Date of Death: 2006-2007
    • Partial Skeletal Remains
Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 20-35 years old
    • Approximate Height and Weight: Unknown.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Possibly Black/Caucasian mix.
    • Clothing: Hanes sweat pants, black shoes. Timex watch, white metal with purple band.
    • Dentals: Available

Case History
The partial skeletal remains of an adult black male were brought by the dogs onto the yard of Tranquility Lane, Sutherland, Virginia.

Female clothing was found along with him, including a pair of women's shoes and a woman's watch. When it was uncovered in the woods it was still running and with the correct time, running one hour behind. That leads investigators to believe the victim was wearing the watch during daylights saving time.

The Doe Network: Case File 1452UMVA

Unsure if this mp should be included on this thread, although if he is ultimately located and deceased, his gender identification might not be clear, imo, speculation.

Wondering if a thread should be started to list all uid trans persons ( this one started by carbuff is apparently for uids where original/present gender is uncertain) and another thread for all missing trans people can be listed- or added to the same thread?
Or should all the cases be noted here?
Robert Patton
rbbm.
Robert Patton
PATTON.jpeg

• Missing Since: 5/23/2015
  • DOB: 7/20/1951
  • Height: 5'5" to 5'7"
  • Weight: 150 to 190
  • Hair: Brown
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Race: White
Salt Lake City Police Department (801) 799-3000

Robert was last seen getting into an unknown type vehicle leaving the Eva Dawn Care Facility. Last seen wearing blue jeans and a black sweater. He has glasses, wears a shoulder length reddish/brown female wig and had orange fingernail polish on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back