trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #149

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think when this trial is over, we may see new changes in the ways trials are covered. The influence of sites like W sleutths...court spectators trying to be part of the case..the media focus. I would not at all be surprised that on appeal, JA is granted a new trial becuase of this circus. It must have been like this in the infamous Dr. Sam Sheperd case in the 1950's which as a result ended up making new law as it went to the Supreme Court( not JA's trial but issues surrounding it)

This is exactly why trials are televised and a part of our Constitution for free speech which should not impact the jurors. we do not have any influence at all on them. if you think this trial is a circus, I would put forth that you may not, for comparison, have seen the latest * shark * trial and many others!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

:bump:

Here you go Bravo....
OMG At first I thought "it" looked like Gollum sneaking about, but now when I look at JA's pasty face I keep having flashbacks to: "It rubs the lotion on its skin or it gits the hose again". ala Jame Gumb :floorlaugh:

This may have already been discussed, and I apologize, in advance, if so. I understand Wilmott is death penalty qualified, but do any of you know if or how many death penalty defendants she has represented. I have never in all my life seen an attorney that showed less professionalism than she does. Her behavior in the courtroom is reprehensible!

I'm wondering what everyone thought of Wilmott's cross style, aping, it seems, the prosecutor's.

Wilmott is using the "I'm not touching you" feint technique she learned as a big sister in the back of her folk's car on long trips.

She comes close to maybe having a point, trying to taint with innuendo, but all she can do is point really close and be kind of irritating.

For instance, the whole long pile of horse deposits over DeMarte showing Martinez a copy of the PDS questions, even though they are "copyrighted". She was trying to imply some ethical breech (or do a courtroom DMCA flag, I dunno) but she couldn't land it. In the end, it's almost like she couldn't figure out exactly where she is going with it.

The only thing that makes it bearable is that Janeen DeMarte has poise, intelligence and professionalism and, despite Wilmott's best efforts, she gets useful information across.

I'm not sure Olivia Munn could play her in the movie.

I'm sure you all have pointed this out, but when DeMarte was testifying to the PDS test question( as far as being attacked by a stranger) she said the story the test was based on was false information. That's because when Samuels gave her the test JA was still going with the Ninja story.

Of course it would be false information, thus making the test invalid and thus making Samuels testimony invalid on that subject as well.

:seeya: Coldpizza! And then, with regard to the PDS test in the context of JA's story du jour, Dr. RS added self-inflicted insult to injury by admitting, "Perhaps I should have re-administered the test". :doh: Geeee... ya think??? :confused:

I'm curious, since the actress probably playing JA is from 'Lost,' if she knows Bobby J since he was an extra on 'Lost', maybe he will play himself?

Sorry if this was already brought up but did anyone see the clip on YouTube of today's questioning ..apparently JW said "What a b***" to Dr D!

I listened to the clip several times and I heard it. Jodi's smirk right after makes me think she really did say it.

Here is the link, I held my iPad up to my ear and am positive she did indeed call Dr D this. Disgusting but none too shocking considering the source.

It happens when Jennifer is looking through the papers in this short clip:

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...mu1lXWR9R-Kg1k8bg&sig2=YPougvD_lSKxNoiol4_X0g

I listened a few more times and she definitely "says what a b"
I'm just floored. Real classy Wilmott!

I wonder if that is the issue the court had and that was the reason the court dismissed the jury early...idk

Great image! It shows that when JA wears that green shirt against her pale skin she looks ill. She looks no less ill in that image than she did today. I am very pale naturally and I can't wear green unless I want the color picked up in my skin tone making me appear ill.

Wrong season I guess. :) Great point! Others mentioned today how she was wearing the green shirt which is now a predictor of illness. Ha!

Willmott would never, ever call an expert witness a ***** in open court like that. It didn't happen and it wont happen. She's a professional, and no matter what you may think of her court room tactics, she'd never lose control of herself in that way.

Lets focus on the realities. :)

I agree with you Micky, Willmott is very professional and I think she is doing the best she can with what she has to work with. At this point she is just trying to save her clients life, not looking to set her free.

okay, I am by no means compassionate or a fan of JA. And I agree, many get up and get on with the day to day. But some women, due to other female issues, experience heavy flow, to the point where staying in close proximity to the rest room is a necessity. I am wondering if she either has menstrual migraines as suggested by other members or if perhaps, just perhaps, migraine might be a euphemism for heavy period.

Regardless, I agree with your point that whatever the issue, if its a genuine one, then the court should be made aware and should find a way to work around that issue via CCTV or medicating her prior to the next "episode" or supplying her with whatever female products might be needed and frequent bathroom breaks to deal with the problem.

Sorry to take things to the bathroom mods, but I am not joking, I think if that is the problem it should be addressed in such a way as to impede trial progressing as little as possible.

I totally agree. An easy remedy for a heavy flow is a depo shot. She won't have Aunt Flow visiting at all. It is probably too late for that now.

I agree that Dr. DeM. being so young does not count against her. After all, she has a fresh brain and has recently learned her trade, unlike Samuels and ALV who studied for their degrees 50 years ago.

Sometimes 30 years experience is equivalent to 1 year 30 times.......this doctor is brilliant in her knowledge, application and her presentation. So far all the defense has dinged her with is her years of experience....not bad I'd say.

K i want to Interview the prison Doc. Is he a full fledged Doc or just an Intern. Does he Specialize in Migraines???? I wanna know :great:

Personality disorder is not a mental illness, it is a character disorder. The disordered are ego syntonic not ego dystonic, which means, they see nothing wrong with themselves and do not suffer any sort of neurosis or worry about themselves, do not suffer anxiety about themselves like the latter, nor any sense of failure. They are not suffering. And nobody's making fun of mental illness and a 'failed life'. Her life did not fail, she did. She chose to murder. Savagely.

I disagree, choice is what it's all about. And responsibility. Those are the priorities in a civilised, mature world. Not feeling sorry for the bad guy without conscience. Not making out the perpetrator to be the victim.

I have been diagnosed with BPD and am curious what your level of experience is, personal, clinical or casual interest?

Personality disorder is not a mental illness, it is a character disorder. The disordered are ego syntonic not ego dystonic, which means, they see nothing wrong with themselves and do not suffer any sort of neurosis or worry about themselves, do not suffer anxiety about themselves like the latter, nor any sense of failure. They are not suffering. And nobody's making fun of mental illness and a 'failed life'. Her life did not fail, she did. She chose to murder. Savagely.

I disagree, choice is what it's all about. And responsibility. Those are the priorities in a civilised, mature world. Not feeling sorry for the bad guy without conscience. Not making out the perpetrator to be the victim.

:cheers: Thank you so much for clearing that up. A Personality Disorder is not a mental illness.

I'm so sick of this above average IQ garbage on HLN. She is not that so "above average" my goodness do these HLN people now know anyone with above average IQ's or do they have similar IQ's and think that they are so very smart? Do they watch their shows? Oh brother! Sorry, watching JVM, and she makes me nuts :)

The Judge only said there was an issue but we suspect JA claimed to be ill.
They gave her half an hour to get better but I guess it didn't help.

Court tomorrow at 9:30 a.m. Arizona time and you know 9:30 means 10 at the earliest.

Or could it be that jw called Dr D the "B" word????

My other comment on today's events is the following:

I think JAs 'Cray Cray' (Thanks Lieb for term) was bubbling up to surface & almost overflowed into view of Jury. Honestly, none of us no matter how much we say 'Yes I'd appreciate constructive critism' really likes to hear areas where we are lacking, insufficient or needs improvement.

SO imagine JA sitting there hearing what I'm sure for some reason is NOT the FIRST time she's heard she has BPD (I think DT had her evaluated for potential defense tactics) has infuriated JA cuz really? There's nothing wrong with her right? It's TAs fault, her Mom's fault so on & so on...

I think this is why JW & KN give her coloring books & journals because if JA paid full attention then the Bailiff's trigger finger would be sore by now.. JMSO

If I had one teensy weensy suspicion that JA had one teensy weensy bit of remorse, I'd want to see her get some help. But I'm alert, oriented and aware of my surroundings. I'm not deluded. This girl will kill again. I was going to type that she will kill again if she is freed. That is not accurate. I think that if she is given the chance, and spends enough time incarcerated, she will kill again. She is defective and not in a repairable way. And it will be someone else's fault, she'll say.
I also wondered if she would be a candidate for segregation once she is sent to prison. Many prisoners with little to lose would love to go down in history as the one who 'got' her.

She had a gun and knives hidden in her rental car, after the slaughter. You don't have to be Einstein to understand the implications.

I have to say this...I'll bet anyone that says they are jumping off the WS jury if trial is cancelled for tomorrow, they will be back on by Monday at oh, about noon PST (if they ever really logoff WS in the first place after saying they are leaving.) So say I, been there done that one. :rocker:

Yeah, I said "might" because, I agree with you. I'm like "Jack and Rose," and I'm staying on the ship until the ship leaves me! :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member