trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #151

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And how about those very audible smirky laughs when the judge sustains one of JM's objections and it halts her in her tracks. That laugh is defiant and mocking of the judge. The cocky immaturity permeates. no wonder JA emulates her. I don't think an attorney, no matter if they're good or not should mock the judge. Am I allowed to express that here or is that off limits?

This behavior today has me rethinking about whether or not JW used the B word yesterday. Yesterday I thought no way would she say that in open court, but after the way she acted today, I do believe she could have used that word. :furious:

Jury Question: "Can you tell us again why you could not interview Mr. Alexander?"

Someone mentioned 80,000 texts, emails, etc - but I think it was way more than that.
I think they had around 80,000 texts, 150,000 emails, and I don't know how many instant messages.
So if two people have hundreds of thousands of written communications, in addition to phone calls, and in-person conversations one string of messages that express that Travis is hurt and feels Jodi is evil in several different words is like .1%? 1/2%? Maybe not even?
Yes, that's infrequent. Even if there were a few other messages in which he expressed anger or called a name - it's rare. Unless Willmott is saying Travis said Jodi was evil or a sociopath many, many times.
Now how many times did Jodi stab Travis? That's a pattern.

Dr. DeMarte is probably keen to some of the psych symptoms that JW is displaying and she's even met with her before for interviews.

I love this witness!!!

I was thinking the same thing which is partly what allows her to remain so even keeled. She has already evaluated JW (in her own mind) and knows what to expect and why she is behaving the way she is. Sort of like having secret inside knowledge of someone w/out them knowing it.

While I find JW super annoying, I find the exchange going on very interesting.

just re-watched that last sidebar - it's possible JW was really upset because she just heard herself ask Dr DeMarte why she didn't get further information from Travis about what he'd meant. Even though he's 'no longer alive'.

I think that was a humiliating moment, and one she won't forget for quite a while. Pretty sure there may be others that wont let her forget it either.

I think JW was unhappy because JM rightfully objected. JW was leading the witness into areas that aren't admissible. There ARE data points that Dr. Demarte considered like the stalking and tire slashing incidents. But that can't be admitted and JW knows it. JW was being sneaky knowing she couldn't talk about the other incidents and could selectively mislead the jury with her questioning.

Now that it is lunch maybe the thread has slowed enough that someone might be able to answer a question:

I read earlier that DT put in ANOTHER motion for mistrial this morning. I couldn't tell if they really did or the person was joking. Does anyone know?
TIA

PS Dr D is AWESOME!

You know what is going to be REALLY SAD.... the DT's closing arguments. I shake at the mere thought of what kind of doo doo they will try to use to convince this jury JA HAD to KILL and SLAUGHTER Travis.

I know that closing argument is going to be grueling and sickening for all of us and for his family. We will be needing to wrap our arms around each other and hang tight as not to lose our minds, on those (what I believe will be excrutiating Closing Arguments.)

I am happy in the fact that their Closing Arguments will be the last time we ever have to hear the DTs voices again.

God help us all.

------
Her whiny grating will be over. I'm sorry but it really plays on my fragile nervous system.:eek: :seeya:

O/T but I cannot get over how much these simple "smilies" give me pleasure. I never tire of seeing them. My personal faves are the waving one and "off to bed" and today I'm falling in love with the popcorn pair and the drummer.
Carry on!

:seeya: Me too ... I luv them :great:

:cheers:

What a thing to say, JW, "....after she had to kill Mr. Alexander. Wow, JW, scoring points with the jury, I'm sure.

I expect to see more of this as the trial winds down. Even if it prompts an objection and has to be withdrawn, it's a way for the jury to hear what you want them to hear.

Slipping it in via an answer by a witness makes it seem more legitimate to the jury. But DeMarte is keenly aware of what JW's trying to do and seems to be parsing what JW says before answering. Not gonna get much (if anything) past this witness.

So clear where JW is going. Blame Travis. He forced her to join the Mormons. Never was suicidal before Travis. Oops. Blew those too. Try again. Or, do us all a favor and STOP.

Haha JW doesnt know what empty means.

from JW's face, I think she knows exactly "feeling empty" means and feels like.

]80,000.00[/B] ( is that right?) Messages, texts etc. That in my opinion is way beyond abnormal.

Nope, that number is correct. I haven't got raw data in front of me, but several cases and just plain "normal" folk, text like bunnies if you get my drift. It's incredible but it's done everyday. The faster we go as human beings the faster we become deaf, dumb and blind to things we really need to pay attention too. Like our families, our pets and our environment. Lord!

------
Her whiny grating will be over. I'm sorry but it really plays on my fragile nervous system.:eek: :seeya:

I'm comforted in that juan has the last word. The jury already has had large doses of the DT , their desperation.

Jeffrey E. Jones Jr. ‏@DarkestKnight79 30s

The main difference between Juan and Wilmont is Juan attacked the Expert methods and subjectivity. Don't know what she's doing. #jodiarias

--

I love this. Juan attacked the comments, JW goes after the person and for no reason!

--
Trial Watcher 805 ‏@SoCalTrial 23s

I'm wondering when Wilma will start to get a migraine of her own...? #HurricaneJuan surely is causing some pressure changes! #jodiarias

JW is trying to show that DR D's criteria for BLP is flimsy or weak. But she's cherry picking the data and she's trying to manipulate DR D into admitting that her opinions are subjective or biased. I think Juan will be sure to fill in the holes that JW is creating so the jury can see a much more concise and full picture from the clinical psych point of view.

It's terrible that Willmott tries to make DD look bad for not asking Jodi what she "meant" in the email to Travis but on the otherside wants her to read behind the words for Travis. Clearly Willmott needed reminded that Travis isn't here to tell us what he meant.

:pullhair::eek:hwow:
If this were a sport...it would be over already. It's like being beat 100 to zero. The defense started at such a disadvantage and it just keeps getting worse. That's gotta be frustrating.

they were saying on GMA this morning that there was a middle school/high school baseball game called in the 3rd inning due to 65-0....perhaps that ref needs to appear?

Someone mentioned 80,000 texts, emails, etc - but I think it was way more than that.
I think they had around 80,000 texts, 150,000 emails, and I don't know how many instant messages.
So if two people have hundreds of thousands of written communications, in addition to phone calls, and in-person conversations one string of messages that express that Travis is hurt and feels Jodi is evil in several different words is like .1%? 1/2%? Maybe not even?
Yes, that's infrequent. Even if there were a few other messages in which he expressed anger or called a name - it's rare. Unless Willmott is saying Travis said Jodi was evil or a sociopath many, many times.
Now how many times did Jodi stab Travis? That's a pattern.

I hope that at some point JM is able to put this exact fact out there to the jury!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay