Trial Discussion Thread #35 - 14.05.08 Day 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking about the work of an anaesthetist: "very very broad spectrum of work" and says patient safety very important, especially if any patient may have food in stomach; 'We are experts in gastric emptying'.

Watching on local channel 199 Oscar Trial.

The professor says she's an expert on gastric emptying.

Roux asks her to take the court through her report.

CL: Absolute disaster if food goes into patient's lungs.

why does Roux even care that much about full or empty stomach. I think he has bigger problems...:waitasec:

CL: Guidelines are all similar, Australia, UK, US. She says SA doesn't have it's own guidelines but follows international ones.

ITA. Nel is not interested in events after the shooting. jmo

No I don't think he is, he said that he believes everything from the point of OP bringing Reeva downstairs because he believes that happened, just not the other bits prior to that. He also believes that OP was overcome with grief which is why he hadn't questioned the last few witnesses too much.

I can't wait for Nel to cross examine the ballistics guy, even if nothing comes of it, I love Nel. Mmmmm wonder if there are t-shirts saying that :)

CL: Patient with head injury can have full stomach up to 24 hours after injury, even if they haven't eaten anything else - it's just because of the nature of the injury.

Now talking about 'Clear fluids'. That's classified as any fluid you can read news print thru.

Oh right, now all my links have started working at once. Can't understand a word.

No I don't think he is, he said that he believes everything from the point of OP bringing Reeva downstairs because he believes that happened, just not the other bits prior to that. He also believes that OP was overcome with grief which is why he hadn't questioned the last few witnesses too much.

I can't wait for Nel to cross examine the ballistics guy, even if nothing comes of it, I love Nel. Mmmmm wonder if there are t-shirts saying that :)

You can actually design and market your own for no money up front at teespring.com. ;-)

l Lungren: clear fluids can be consumed up to two hours before an operation. 10% of a low fat meal can be left in the stomach after four hours.

Lungren: high fibre foods and high fat foods remain in stomach more than four hours.

Good morning all! Am stuck at work (the nerve of them making me work when I have more important things to do!) so will be dropping in when I can to keep up :)

Morning peeps! Warren Levine in the last thread mentioned that some of the live streaming sites have a virus that looks like a java update icon. I was just mentioning to someone that my computer seems to want me to update java a LOT in the last 3 weeks by what appears to be a legitimate popup. What is the virus Warren? or anyone? that I could search it out as my AVG isn't catching anything.

TIA and sorry for the OT just that I have seen that Icon too, but didn't RECALL clicking it...but hey, late night viewing here.

:bump:

CL is talking about some medical profs say a cup of tea and toast two hours before op are okay but up to 10 per cent may be left behind after that time. She also mentions that a lot of veg like broccoli etc are undigestible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member