Trial Discussion Thread #4 - 14.03.10, Day 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necesarily.
She did not have to die pathologist said, but she may have been in a vegetative state after the head shot. We need more of what he actually said.

What order were the shots? Was the head shot first or last?

Was food delivered to the house around 1am, did they go pick something up or did they cook? Maybe there is a record of the time food was delivered or a video of a delivery driver on a cctv camera?

Oscar has said nothing about them grabbing a late night meal.

This -

The meal consumed after Oscar said Reeva had gone to bed

Bullet hole showing her knickers/pants were pulled up

Possibility even the head wound did not kill her immediately

(I should think Roux will call experts to dispute the timing of the last meal. I think many factors can effect digestion?)

Only factor I can think of is death.

@Julian5News: Today's key #detail is pathologist's assertion Reeva prob ate 2 hrs b4 death. OP claims they went to bed 5 hrs b4 shooting #oscarpistorius

The pathologist also said within two hours. So it could have been even sooner.

Was food delivered to the house around 1am, did they go pick something up or did they cook? Maybe there is a record of the time food was delivered or a video of a delivery driver on a cctv camera?

IIRC MSM already reported ages ago that Reeva ate pineapple which must have been after 1am.

UPDATE: I have since found out it was vegetables.

which means.. she could have been screaming AFTER the head shot..

Roux is going to have a lot of trouble with that... so are a few posters...

be interesting when Roux cross examines him,, already Roux has stated categorically, that no one, not anyone can be alive after the head shot, and the head shot was first, therefore, all witness to a woman screaming are nuts..
BBM - that's HUGE. The whole premise so far is that if (as according to Roux) the head shot was first, then no one can possibly have heard Reeva screaming. If the shots were so close together, I can't see how anyone can prove the order of them. But still, we now have someone who claims she would have still been able to scream after the head shot, which would strengthen the witnesses accounts of hearing screaming after the last shot.

IIRC MSM already reported ages ago that Reeva ate pineapple which must have been at 1am.

Are you sure? I've heard nothing of this and MSM seems quite taken aback at the news. You sure you're not thinking of Jon Benet Ramsey?

BIB
That is what I was thinking too.
But the problem with getting our news today in tweeted snippets and summarized reports is we are missing full context. It is very frustrating. Other court tweeters characterized the pathologists comments as more immediately incapacitating.

martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt 18m
Pathologist said head wound would almost certainly have been fatal, certainly left Reeva unconscious, incapable of voluntary acts

Erin Conway-Smith ‏@ejcs 28m
Pathologist says Reeva Steenkamp would have been incapacitated, unconscious after head wound, probably took only a few breaths more.
And yet how much time did it take for OP to put on his legs, bash down the door with a bat, then lift her and take her downstairs? He says she was still alive at that point and died in his arms. Well all those actions are a lot longer than a 'few breaths'.

BBM - that's HUGE. The whole premise so far is that if (as according to Roux) the head shot was first, then no one can possibly have heard Reeva screaming. If the shots were so close together, I can't see how anyone can prove the order of them. But still, we now have someone who claims she would have still been able to scream after the head shot, which would strengthen the witnesses accounts of hearing screaming after the last shot.

Given the nature of the injury I'd imagine she wouldn't be able to scream. It's quite extensive sounding.

But the witnesses only heard the screaming only a second or two after last shot was heard. This could be due to the sound waves of her screaming taking a longer time than the shots to get the witnesses' ears.

Are you sure? I've heard nothing of this and MSM seems quite taken aback at the news. You sure you're not thinking of Jon Benet Ramsey?

You may be right! Did Jon Benet eat pineapple?

Is so, I have got my cases mixed up. Sorry.

But concerning the eating, I have often wondered when they ate and who cooked. OP seemed to be preoccupied all night with used car websites and *advertiser censored*. Did they dine early or was she still waiting for him? Or was she still hungry at 1am or thereafter?

Pistorius was given the option of leaving while the evidence was heard but elected to stay.

As Prof Saayman began giving the details of the post mortem examination Pistorius vomited in the dock.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-murder-trial-live-3225723

Why wasn't he removed for disrupting court proceedings? He had the choice to leave but instead chose to stay so that his vomiting and 'pain' could be on record? It was adjourned twice during his pukathon, so he should have been asked to leave.

And yet how much time did it take for OP to put on his legs, bash down the door with a bat, then lift her and take her downstairs? He says she was still alive at that point and died in his arms. Well all those actions are a lot longer than a 'few breaths'.

Yes, it seems to me, if the testimony is accurate, she had died well before OP started down those stairs.

Hi all - I've been following this thread closely since the beginning of the trial but this is my first post. All of your information updates and analysis have been so informative and thoughtful! We can only hope the lawyers on both sides are giving this much thought to every bit of evidence.

With the autopsy details being revealed, I'm very curious about the bruises and other damage to Reeva's body that the coroner stated could have been caused by a blunt object rather than the bullets. What does everyone make of this? Did she sustain physical abuse from Oscar prior to locking herself in the bathroom?

Here's an article that includes the following quote: "Abrasions on her body suggested damage from a blunt object, or projectiles that lost the force to penetrate the skin."

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/reeva-s-head-wound-fatal-pathologist-1.1659020#.Ux3DdD9dXCk

I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts!

Could the above be what they wanted to hide?
But he loved his 'Baba' with all his heart, remember? They were deeply in love. So deeply in love he told security everything was fine just after he shot her dead. If it can be proved without a shadow of a doubt that some of her injuries came from something other than the gun, ie, from a bat, then OP may as well start packing for jail.

And at the BH, Det Botha asid there were no other injuries other than the bullet wounds.

Is everyone lyng or inept or what?

Welcome to the real world...

Were we early cricket bat strike to Reeva people right after all?

Have both sides been lying aplenty?

As I have said this one runs deep.

And it is outrageous that they have denied freedom of the press. And maybe we know why now--per my above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11