Trial Discussion Thread #52 - 14.11.9, Day 41 ~announcement of the verdict~

Status
Not open for further replies.
The seal is up on wildabouttrial.com. Over to our Zwiebel.

Respectfully, I don't agree. The State charged OP will killing "a person, to wit, Reeva"

Are you sure J Masipa is on the same page? I don't think so.

I agree with you, Nel argued the fact with OP on the stand, that he wanted to shoot and kill 'somebody'. Nel tried to make that clear.

Why is J Masipa ignoring this? I think I'm going to blow my top any minute. :stormingmad:

What does that phrase really mean though. To wit Reeve? Could still only related to reeva who is a person.

'To wit' means 'that is to say' in legal parlance. Reeva is the evidence that he did indeed kill someone, to put it crudely

Cleared cache so no hang ups/buffering tonight - check
Bluetooth speakers hooked up - check
Shut down/restart.... and come up on new thread...

:seeya:

Just caught up with yesterday's event having been away yesterday - ironically, at a funeral.

i was not surprised that Masipa dismissed a lot of the state's evidence - the eye/ear witness testimony (humans are notoriously bad witnesses), the stomach contents (doesn't prove anything either way), the whatsapp messages (worrying, but ultimately don't prove anything).

the big problem in the state's case was always the timeline - the bat vs gunshot sounds. Nel never put together a state timeline and didn't explain the first set of noises. Roux did, albeit by being economical with what bits of evidence he selected.

So I'm not surprised Masipa concluded the state had not proven that OP intended to kill RS (although I believe he probably did).

what I don't understand is how, firing four shots into a small area having armed himself, and having shown that he went through a conscious decision making process beforehand (which Masipa concluded he had), this does not mean he is guilty of murder.

i do, though, wish people would refrain from making ridiculous allegations that Masipa has been bribed or whatever. That is so disrespectful.

Pretoria Rekord ‏@RekordNewspaper 3m
Media and public waiting to get in courtroom. Proceedings expected to start at 09 : 30 #OscarPistorius

andrew harding ‏@BBCAndrewH 7m
Meanwhile, Reeva Steenkamp's parents are already back in court and journalist scrum awaits #OscarPistorius arrival outside.

BBC Africa ‏@BBCAfrica 4m
RT @BBCAndrewH Reeva Steenkamp's parents are already back in court and journalist scrum awaits #OscarPistorius arrival outside.

BBM

FYI: Scrum can be a group of penguins, a offensive maneuver in Rugby or a set of computer software. Which one are the journalists?? Lol

If that's your opinion Rosie, I can't see why you can't state it. That's why we are careful here to add JMO, MOO, etc lol

Thanks, PrimeSuspect. OMG, so I should add JMO, IMO, IMHO, IOW, HTH, MYOB, LOL. (all Tongue in Cheek, AKA TIC) And MOO to you too! Cheers!

I think ENCa is replaying yesterday's session....we have not yet started today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member