Trial Discussion Thread #57 - 14.16.10, Day 46 ~ sentencing~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha - personally I'd be more concerned about being associated with the Pistorii. From Barry Bateman:

Aimee’s concern with Schultz sitting on the bench is that it may create the impression that “they’re associated with us”. BB

.. milady doesn't seem to know what 'Skills Training' is (she asked if that was correct) plus she also questionned if these were mandatory, with a look on her face that she didn't think it right that OP would be forced to do any of this stuff. Makes me sick. Oh, and Janette H-d-T playing the all important role again of suggesting to milady they take a break .. dear god, what a bluddy farce.

I thought he was saying gene indicator machine but then I heard him say 'regime' so not sure at all what all that meant. Can't believe there's
some kind of machine that scans people and shows what kind of diseases they have. That's kind of in the realms of Star Trek.

So Star Trek it must be 'cos I'm sure he said that on admission each prisoner was scanned by this whatever it's called machine to see what kind of diseases they had so they could be given the right treatment.

For sure the NHS should definitely look into it... or maybe it secretly already uses these which is why it works so swimmingly ; - )

The court laughed when Roux corrected Nel and the judge asked Nel to "rephrase" his question.

Masipa was smiling too and Nel suggested he did not think what he said was funny or a joke: "I thought of making a sarcastic remark, but I didn't."

Interesting court dynamics. Roux's team bent heads together and carried on smiling.
Yes, it looked as if Oscar was laughing merrily too...

Not contradicted by Roux who knows OP considerably better than this man does.

witness handled Roux expertly afterall witness is dealing many more just like Roux in the system

This man is a good witness and sounds honest and direct in explaining generally what is policy throughout the country. As the head of the National Correctional Service he is not going to say that his policies are not being followed to the letter in many prisons, or even scarcely available.
What is outrageous is the examination in every minor detail, in open court, of what is 'suitable' for OP who is not infectious, as far as we know, nor disabled as in being immobile or can't look after his own personal care. I've never heard anything so ridiculous. As someone said up post, it's like selecting a hotel.
The court should be informed by a separate report whether a hospital, psychiatric or otherwise, is suitable for a prisoner with specific (serious) special needs and an order made accordingly to avoid wasting time in court.

I was truly waiting for Roux to ask if OP could by-pass the assessment and have curbside checkin

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 40s 40 seconds ago
#OscarTrial Aimee is now crying. Details unclear. BB

The court laughed when Roux corrected Nel and the judge asked Nel to "rephrase" his question.

Masipa was smiling too and Nel suggested he did not think what he said was funny or a joke: "I thought of making a sarcastic remark, but I didn't."

Interesting court dynamics. Roux's team bent heads together and carried on smiling.

Anyone remember the Judge chiding Nel for laughing during his Cross of OP? Interesting that now laughing in court is ok.

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 13s 14 seconds ago
#OscarTrial according to word from the Pistorius’s, Scgultz allegedly mouthed “****** you” at Aimee. BB

Not nice by any means but maybe she'll now have more empathy for Gina Myers.

Surprised mylady didt ask if a shooting range was avalable cos oscar loves his guns and should not miss out on anything

All in all, I think he was a superb witness.

Considerably more sensible and balanced than the blatantly biased, deeply annoying woman from yesterday.

I think Roux done what he wanted to there. If OP does have a prison sentence, that he can do it within the hospital section - a guarantee by one of their top officials in a court of law.

He won't get a prison sentence though :(

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 40s 40 seconds ago
#OscarTrial Aimee is now crying. Details unclear. BB

Aww .. probably because the thought of OP being in prison has truly hit home. Funny, she never shed a single tear during Kim's testimony yesterday.

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 13s 14 seconds ago
#OscarTrial according to word from the Pistorius’s, Scgultz allegedly mouthed “****** you” at Aimee. BB

Not nice by any means but maybe she'll now have more empathy for Gina Myers.

Haha! Oh dear .. oh dear oh dear .. :floorlaugh:

That's a nice contrast to Roux, whose earlier comment to M that; 'I know you are a very important person,' cam over as sarcastic and patronising and to me, seemed he wanted to convey the opposite. Horrible and snidey.

Anyone remember the Judge chiding Nel for laughing during his Cross of OP? Interesting that now laughing in court is ok.

Quite.

"You might think this is entertainment. It is not entertainment". Right back at you Milady.

Oh, and how nice that Mr Nel got your birthday right. Rather more than the lying killer could manage for the love of his life, eh?

Mandy Wiener @MandyWiener
Follow
#OscarTrial Schultz walked out of court clearly worked up complaining that Pistorius family 'thought they owned the front row'.

Oscar Trial Channel @OscarTrial199 · 20 Min. Vor 20 Minuten

Roux objects - Nel should just take oath, give evidence 'it would go quicker'. Nel laughs, says Roux did the same. #oscartrial

Oscar Trial Channel @OscarTrial199 · 22 Min. Vor 22 Minuten

Roux done. Nel points out in correctional services department, as in any organisation, there are those who don't follow rules #oscartrial

David Smith ✔ @SmithInAfrica
Follow
Mikey Schultz leaves court throwing dirty, menacing look at Aimee #Pistorius, who glares back with bitter smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BJarv