Trial Discussion Thread #57 - 14.16.10, Day 46 ~ sentencing~

Status
Not open for further replies.
After hearing Modise testify, I’m more convinced than ever that, considering public sentiment (outrage), OP would seriously be safer in prison.

If Masipa lets him walk, he’s gonna find out real quick he’s not in Kansas anymore. Outside of Uncle Arnie’s house, it would be open season. His days of being hailed a hero are OVER. If he had enemies before, he’s got an army of them now. He’s no doubt oblivious to the fact there are people out there as unstable as him or worse.

SA Correctional Services would have a crucial vested interest in keeping their #1 star inmate ALIVE and WELL.

The public at large has no such vested interest.

I think Roux should start negotiating locations and accommodations. LOL

You are probably right and this Scultz sounds like a tool and a (and he's a self-confessed killer). I think his actions (if as reported) are entirely inappropriate but I also feel that so was OP's comment to Gina Myers so they are even now.
I agree. So many people dismissed OP's comment to Gina as nothing, even implying she might have done something to warrant it, so hopefully they'll feel the same now Aimee is on the receiving end of the same treatment.

You are probably right and this Scultz sounds like a tool and a (and he's a self-confessed killer). I think his actions (if as reported) are entirely inappropriate but I also feel that so was OP's comment to Gina Myers so they are even now.

bbm

... and aunties saying to Nel about shame etc. wasn't better.

Sounds like Uncle Arnold will have to have a little talk with OP. Hasn't he already stated he is worried about OP?

*OP has no right to bring traffic to a stop, IMO. Who does he think he is? Never mind, don't answer that!

Aimee was sobbing? Schultz told her to *advertiser censored** off? Carl says he will report it to police?

Ah, the mobsters of Shultz etc. and the Pistorius clan should just stop their nonsensical behaviour.

Shows just the type of SA macho posturing and aggravation that I believe caused Pistorius to kill Steenkamp. Really, I'm amazed that Pistorius' supporters bleat on about how the alleged tampering of evidence by Pistorius brother Carl Pistorius and then his taunting of Steenkamp's loved ones online are just normal, defensible activities.

I doubt Pistorius' fans are going to say that Aimee is "attention-seeking" like they claimed of Kim Myers. It was Gina's sister that was upset when Pistorius reportedly said to her in court: "How can you sleep at night?" www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...iend-in-court-How-can-you-sleep-at-night.html)

The DSTV Oscar Trial TV channel reports that the Mikey Schultz drama has spilled out from the courtroom into the street: Schultz apparently left court with Marc Batchelor (who has claimed Pistorius previously threatened to break his legs) and Jared Mortimer, who recently clashed with Pistorius in a Johannesburg nightclub. DSTV reports that the three men narrowly missed Pistorius himself – who, unusually, has left the court building for the lunch break – but stopped to take pictures with members of the Myers family, friends of Reeva Steenkamp.

My colleague David Smith reports from the high court in Pretoria that the Pistorius family has asked that Roux and Nel be consulted on an application to have Schultz barred from the hearing, so it’s likely this issue could escalate when proceedings resume this afternoon.

I know you are all going to totally disagree with me, but I have a TINY bit more hope that he might be going to prison. Probably not for long enough, admittedly, but for some amount of time.

This witness has dismantled the idea that, because of his disability, OP will not be treated humanely or fairly. In reality, he will have a far better time in the hospital wing than in with the general population.

The big problem now is that Milady may decide he is no threat to the public and that his remorse means that he's suffered enough :mad:

wow lots of heavyweights got beef with pistorius

Whats schultz history with him? anyone know?

The Pistorius' must be careful and ask the Kebbles. Mickey is a dangerous man. #oscartrial

I know you are all going to totally disagree with me, but I have a TINY bit more hope that he might be going to prison. Probably not for long enough, admittedly, but for some amount of time.

This witness has dismantled the idea that, because of his disability, OP will not be treated humanely or fairly. In reality, he will have a far better time in the hospital wing than in with the general population.

The big problem now is that Milady may decide he is no threat to the public and that his remorse means that he's suffered enough :mad:

I am starting to think you are right. The last two questions the judge asked - one an interjection to Roux's cross to clarify that he would be assessed medically within six hours - makes me hopeful. I know courts are not there to satisfy public opinion and nor should they be but they are there to ensure that justice is seen to be done and a cushy sentence will not satisfy that criteria.

From news24:

Mikey Schultz denies making threat against Pistorius family saying, Mandy Wiener tweets. She quotes him as saying: "Clearly the Pistorius family are a bunch of liars, just like Oscar."

From news24:

Mikey Schultz denies making threat against Pistorius family saying, Mandy Wiener tweets. She quotes him as saying: "Clearly the Pistorius family are a bunch of liars, just like Oscar."

Okay, now I agree with this assessment although Mikey Schultz may be guilty of the same!

I agree.

Apparently the maximum sentence for correctional supervision is 3 years which I just can't imagine being an appropriate duration.

There is another option of 5 years correctional supervision where approximately the first year would be spent in prison and the remainder under house arrest. This would seem like somewhat of a compromise.

Who knows? The judge could still surprise us all.

So Nel was the prosecutor that has past with Schultz.

Batman Nel taking justice into his own hands, because justice system failed.

The real Pistorius trial begins here.

With a 2 hour lunch break, Milady can have a jam up lunch and her birthday cake as well.

Who is Mickey Schultz? [ at the risk of sounding uninformed....:blush: ]

@ewnreporter #OscarTrial call officials and or offenders to testify about conditions in dcs

LOL ENCA just showed OP quickly walking up the street by himself going to the coffee shop. He then had 2 court security guards running after him trying to catch up to him, so much for being so afraid.

I am a cynic when it comes to OP. He knows Mortimer and Schulz had just left the court and it would not suprise me if OP chose to go outside to create a scene with them. I am sure he would feel it would work in his favour. There is the likelihood that Mortimer will be the next witness. If OP can cause a fracas by being in Mortimer's vicinity, he could well get Mortimer barred from court.

My take (without knowing anything LOL) is something like this: Schultz and co went to sit on front benches near the Pistorii, Aimee complained (according to a BB tweet), he mouthed 'xxxx you', she started to cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bikerman Chief