Trial Discussion Thread #57 - 14.16.10, Day 46 ~ sentencing~

Status
Not open for further replies.
MandyW: Mikey S walked into court/sat in front row/Aimee askedcops to remove them. As court adjourned "Who they think they are?" #OscarTrial

Annika Larsen court reporter for Enca exited the court at the same time as MS & said he was seething that the Pistorius clan had him barred from the court

This is what started it all.......................

Alex Crawford @AlexCrawfordSky
Follow
#PistoriusTrial The Pistorius family is very unhappy about this so-called self-confessed hitman sitting at their end of the court bench

So Aimee turns on the tears and the Pistorius clan gets their way--again.

Such a sensitive wee flower. Yet who seemed strangely unmoved when playing the role of Oscar's dead/dying girlfriend.

I imagine Aimee Pistorius mindset: 'How dare he sit at our area. How can anyone threaten me with a swear word. My Pistorius family can far more effectively crush public opinion by whispering "How can you sleep at night" and we have enough millions to send out (reportedly) multiple press releases, daily, to almost every press office around the world. Swearing is bullying for amateurs.'

If you want sinister intimidation you must do it in a sophisticated manner - like stating the Pistorius family has more money for cars than the SA state (weird symbolism), or that Nel should be 'ashamed' of working for the State/victim, or that Oscar Pistorius' "broken" hood is the same as the victim's family, or by sending out family public relations agent Anneliese Burgess to state on dead Reeva Steenkamp's birthday that Carl Pistorius has 'miraculously recovered' from his car accident.

Mandy Wiener
‏@MandyWiener
#OscarTrial Carl Pistorius is quite distressed at apparent threat against sister, says 'I'm not leaving here. I'll speak to the police'.

I have mixed feelings about this...

If Little Miss Sunshine (not) asked the police to remove me from a seat in the public gallery I might have expressed the same sentiments too. And asked her why she stole Reeva's hand bag while I was at it.

But, in any event, it's not really on to have this kind of aggression happening in court - from anyone to anyone, so I can't really approve.

But I shall afford Aimee the same consideration for her feelings as she affords the Steenkamps for theirs. None.

What's the problem? Isn't OP also a self-confessed killer? No action was taken over OP's intimidation of Gina Myers (and OP was the accused at the time) so why all the indignance over Aimee being in a similar situation?

So Aimee turns on the tears and the Pistorius clan gets their way--again.

Yes, it's a pity no-one took any notice when OP intimidated Kim Myers isn't it .. he should've had his bail completely retracted for that (and the bar incident, etc).

Sickening.

“@O_Rakgotho: With things going so well at the #oscartrial OP has paid people to tell #judgemasipa what punishment to give!!!”

I can't see Nel putting Sam Taylor on the stand at all. She got a rough time from Roux first time round and kept getting emotional. Judge Masipa effectively dismissed her testimony too so I just don't see how she'd be of any benefit to the PT. I don't see the point of any of the 's testimony either as Roux would crucify them. I just don't get that he'd start off with a very credible person in Kim Marten to hear from Reeva's side of the family, then a very credible Mr Modise to quantify how prison would be suitable for OP and then an ex girlfriend or with a history to finish it off?

I like this take:

David Dadic
‏@DavidDadic
Many asking why Shultz and "the crew" are there. Simple, it goes to the root of who the State want the court to believe Oscar really is. Thereby impressing on the court that it would be in the interest of society that he be detained. Its the State's job to show that if Osacr really is the charitable person, the defence make him to be, why are these his associates?

Oscar can only shoot guns,race cars,compete as an able bodied person in races but can't go to prison like a normal criminal? #OscarTrial

The Pistorius' must be careful and ask the Kebbles. Mickey is a dangerous man. #oscartrial

yes, the law in the courtroom is bad enough, gd knows what the law on the streets is like.

it always looked like trouble once fellas like batchelor/schultz/nightclub bouncers got involved.

op could well now be caught between a rock [schultz and associates] and a hard place [prison].

ZM says he should go into the hospital section of the prison. Roux wants to know how many baths there are in the "normal" part of the prison compared to the hospital section. The general prison has no baths. Now Roux wants to know if there are doors.

BBM-So according to Roux prison should be more like a day spa and prisoners are afforded privacy. Give me a break...I wish op had tripped over his unstable stumps and shot himself, would have saved a lot of people their pain and suffering.

Stephanie Findlay @SJFindlay
Follow
The mutual respect between the #Pistorius & Steenkamp sides in court has now been spectacularly shattered by Mortimer & Co

I'm so sick of this charade now. OP made a huge deal about not letting his disabilities stop him from racing against able bodied athletes in the Olympics but now he's too disabled to go to prison? As a disabled person myself I find this "turning it on to suit the situation" when it comes to disability disgusting. OP should stop this, accept that what he did was wrong and do his jail time.

#OscarTrial.A person of Oscar's financial status shud have not have made a mockery of the Steenkamps mishaps by offering R6000 p/m.

You just now Roux is going to use this during his closing statement, that was the point to putting it on the record via the probation officer

Stephanie Findlay
‏@SJFindlay
We're being told that the #Pistorius sentencing is expected to take place next Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769