TRIAL - Ross Harris #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he came across as a man who wanted to be involved in the case. This guy will be a non factor for the prosecution, he seemed like he wanted to be the guy with that good info right as it happened. A busy body. I don't think Stoddard had anything to do with the guy' being a bad witness, IMO.
Totally agree. He came across to me as someone wanting self-importance wanting his 15 minutes of fame. His testimony served no purpose for me as it appeared slanted

Didn't RH leave work EARLY that day (do go to the movies?) Why would he tell a staff person or security person that he is leaving work to do personal stuff? Weird.

Didn't RH leave work EARLY that day (do go to the movies?) Why would he tell a staff person or security person that he is leaving work to do personal stuff? Weird.

And that he told the security guy his friend's name??? Weird.

Yes, I think everyone would have to admit a child falling asleep essentially immediately, is possible. Possible and plausible are two different things. Convincing a a jury that it's plausible in THIS scenario, on that day, under all those circumstances...will be very hard. (Honestly, I'd be shocked if it worked. IMO.)

JMO

Maybe. Or probably, even, but who knows how this hopefully genuinely impartial jury will sort and sift and accept or reject evidence.

Relating to the discussion here about whether or not it would be wise for the defense to present the possibility -- not as a fact-- that Cooper might have fallen asleep.

I think the distinction is being lost as to why the defense would go there, if they do. They've already signalled the approach they'll take to explaining how it is that RH could "forget" he needed to make a turn at the intersection. That approach and explanation apparently will be scientific & medical and on it's face, is unrelated to whether or not Cooper fell asleep by the time RH reached the intersection.

IMO the defense is likely to present the possibility of Cooper falling asleep to address the separate question of how it was that RH, AFTER he drove past the intersection thinking Cooper was at daycare , could not have known Cooper was in the car.

Sleep or not sleep is not about the initial forgetting or not processing or whatever, but afterwards, the minutes more before reaching work. What is more likely? That Cooper was awake and talking or at least moving around in his car seat, and therefore making his presence known, even to a father who doesn't think he's in the back seat, or, a Cooper who is drowsy enough to be quiet enough for RH not to know he was there and asleep by the time RH pulled in and parked?

I can't imagine anyone thinking an awake Cooper explains RH's ignorance of him better than an asleep Cooper. It just doesn't. And, if one doesn't assume RH's guilt of malice murder, there is no other plausible scenario I can imagine for RH remaining clueless OTHER than that of Cooper drowsy, then asleep.

rsbm
Not in my experience(s). Had he been a small baby, I think most could buy that. He's a toddler about to start the 'playing' part of his morning and, more of note, just been fed. He's far more likely to have been full of beans and chatter.

Thanks Mimi. It makes no sense, though. Ross would have no need for a baby seat of any kind when Cooper's away with his mother. Simply put the front facer back in his car when the baby returns. Double-switching is nonsensical imo.

RH dropped off Cooper at daycare, Leanne picked him up, who knows beyond that which parent had Cooper in the car most often. Car seats were needed in both cars. Leanne took the new seat with her--with Cooper presumably in it- out of state. I get the definite sense things were at that point extremely not ok in their marriage.

The explanation could be as simple and undramatic as the two of them not communicating very well or happily, and Leanne wanting to keep the big seat because she would be driving Cooper around more than Ross.

I'm thinking that the defense is trying to get the sexting and cellphone evidence thrown out. JMO

How would it not have anything to do with it? The jury believing it's possible in general, is not good enough. They have to believe it was plausible for Cooper to fall asleep in that short time, on the day he died, under the circumstances presented. They have to believe it enough, that Cooper falling asleep in a few minutes, is a good enough or reasonable reason for Ross to forget him. Such a good reason, that he is not legally negligent for his death. It absolutely matters. BIG time.

**To be clear, I WAS talking about *if* the defense directly used that with the jury. Not indirectly.

BBM --You are addressing this as though falling asleep will be the Jurors one and only consideration of why RH forgot or not. I don't believe that will be the case.

BBM --You are addressing this as though falling asleep will be the Jurors one and only consideration of why RH forgot or not. I don't believe that will be the case.

Oh, I agree. I just don't see the jury buying this particular reasoning. I'm sure the defense will show many scenarios.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏
We have a cd with an extraction from #Rossharris's Iphone being looked at.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
#RossHarris - Yeager was asked by detectives to search all contact between defendant and and wife Leanna on June 18

Philip A. Holloway
Investigator discusses #RossHarris messages with someone called "dark Phoenix"

Jen's Trial Diaries
No evidence on the chromecast. On the tower of one of the computers there was no hard drive to retrieve data.

Ross Harris Trial
Yeager says he extracted information from Leanna Harris' MacBook Pro

Angie Kay DarkPhoenix1982 messaging contact with RH from that day. Not sure if this is the proper spelling.

42 chats on his iphone. Darkphoenix1982 is the 42nd chat.

There is an attachment with that 42nd chat.

Oh, I agree. I just don't see the jury buying this particular reasoning. I'm sure the defense will show many scenarios.

I don't think anyone knows what the Jury will buy or not. I think it's plausible Cooper could have been in the process of or fallen asleep. Why do I think it's plausible?? I have experienced the same after shopping and my child falling asleep before we got out of the parking lot. A lot depends on the Juror's own experiences with children. IMO

I don't think anyone knows what the Jury will buy or not. I think it's plausible Cooper could have been in the process of or fallen asleep. Why do I think it's plausible?? I have experienced the same after shopping and my child falling asleep before we got out of the parking lot. A lot depends on the Juror's own experiences with children. IMO

I certainly don't claim to know. Hence why I said "I don't think." It's simply my opinion. I don't **think** an entire jury can be convinced given the circumstances of the morning and the short time frame, that Cooper fell asleep. I also don't **think** a jury will find Cooper falling asleep a reasonable justification of Ross forgetting Cooper in a matter of minutes, and forgetting to take him to daycare...which is routine for him. It's my opinion, I'm only presenting it as that.

Moving on.

Although I have children and they could fall asleep in the car pretty fast too, here is where I have trouble buying your theory... Presumably they woke up late which could explain being late to work and not eating at home. If Cooper just woke up what is the likelihood that he fell asleep immediately after eating breakfast? It is plausible if you will say he didnt sleep well, but it is not likely. Toddlers have an unbelievable amount of energy without sleep especially after waking.

Yeager says he performed an analysis and extraction on Leanna Harris' laptop. He says he found things that "might be of interest to the case."

Yeager says he searched and logged the internet history on Leanna Harris' laptop.

Yeager says he also analyzed Ross Harris' work computer, which Harris had in his possession when Cooper was found.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harr...the-ross-harris-hot-car-death-trial/457089519

Yes, I think everyone would have to admit a child falling asleep essentially immediately, is possible. Possible and plausible are two different things. Convincing a a jury that it's plausible in THIS scenario, on that day, under all those circumstances...will be very hard. (Honestly, I'd be shocked if it worked. IMO.)

JMO

Agree.

He would have told Cooper this.

Come on buddy. Let's get you in that car seat because we have to get you to school and we are already running late.

Jmo

i want to know what was on leanna's computer. are they going to go in to that as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member