Trial Thread 8 May 2012 Wrapping up Closing Arguments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been away all day... got caught up somewhat on the LFP website.... man is it hard trying to stay on the fence until the end of the judges instructions... I keep coming up with the two words "cooked " and " goose" ....yikes !!

My daughters boyfriend doesn't have a back seat, he has speakers too ... More common then one would think ...

My 7 year neice old took her tights off to go pee on a road trip because the first time she tried she fell back ... The tights too tight around the ankles to get her balance ... Tights off, shoes came off too ... It was funny at the time watching her struggle to try to put them back on ... But now when I think about my thought go to VS.

As far as the kidnapping, TLM was a gang member, reputation is everything, she was a junkie and a vindictive psychopath ... $400 would be reason enough to kidnap the child ... But when MR didn't agree VS became a liability ...

Someone was killed over the comment "who the he// are you"
http://www.timescolonist.com/news/A...+want+kill+Philbert+Truong/2910968/story.html

I guess it's all subjective. The jury may feel as you do. Funny, I would bet my last nickel he raped that poor child. Too many things need explaining away for me. JMO

I've been away all day... got caught up somewhat on the LFP website.... man is it hard trying to stay on the fence until the end of the judges instructions... I keep coming up with the two words "cooked " and " goose" ....yikes !!

Perhaps you've been a bit distracted and should check your oven.

:p

Dude you had over three years time to speak up. Now SH...T up.
Exuce my language but he is driving me crazy!

Exactly. If MR disagrees then he can never say he wasn't given the chance to speak his version of events.

Well...........for sure that his fate is in someone else's hands.

JMO.........

Tori's fate was in his hands.

Her blood is on him. Literally and figuratively. 'Til the day he dies.

Exactly. If MR disagrees then he can never say he wasn't given the chance to speak his version of events.

Even if he didn't take the stand, so much could have been said on his behalf by his lawyer .. had he only given them more to work with.

JMO

The most troubling aspect of this case (IMO) is that it is too dependent upon TLM's "word" & she is a proven liar, killer & some type of psychopath/sociopath.

It worries me to no end that our government, the Crown, has put so much trust in a person like TLM!

They arrested MR based on her statement alone, because sexually motivation is what was expected. Had to move forward with what they had ...

What bothers me I'd that TLM should not have been walking free to begin with ... They knew she was dangerous, they had a warrant for her arrest ...

Tori's fate was in his hands.

Her blood is on him. Literally and figuratively. 'Til the day he dies.

This was not proven effectively to me. There are others that think this way too. A couple of them could be in the jury. MOO

So many coincidences regarding the abduction.

Far to many to be getting the full truth from the Crown theory.

Life doesn't work that way. Where there is smoke there is fire.

It sounds like a tale that a teenager would spin to his parents, and then I remember that TLM is a teenager.

What they can't explain, they deny, deny, deny.

I don't believe MR was participating in a random, sexually oriented abduction. He could have been involved in the abduction, perhaps some poorly conceived plan to get back at someone, or send a message, or for some perceived injustice..........but TLM killed TS and things went downhill from there.

Under that scenario, he would be guilty of kidnapping and perhaps murder, so he isn't going to tell his lawyer the truth.

TLM didn't want to reveal the truth, because she would have a harder time accusing MR of the murder.

There is some other answer..........because neither the Crown or defense theories fit all that well.

JMO.............

So you think Tori sat there obediently and didn't say a word when she was shoved into a car and driven out of town? MOO!

I don't know, but neither do you or anyone else except TLM, MR and VS.
Since VS can't tell us, the scientist can't tell us, and TLM is not trustworthy and we haven't heard from MR well ... It is all speculation ...

I wonder if he ever talked to the LE?

Maybe if you compare it to your own boyfriend or husband suddenly being charged with rape of a child? He had no history of this, no interest in this and did not rape Tori. JMO MOO IMO

I'm not even sure how the Crown can feel comfortable going through what they are doing on the word of a crazy, vindictive, killing b!tch. JMO MOO IMO

It did not happen. JMO MOO IMO

I wish Rodney could know for the rest of his life that his baby girl was not raped. Maybe one day he can have this detail in his heart to put to rest. JMO MOO IMO

Problem being is a saying which goes something like "you never know who you're friends are" or family for that matter. I'm sure RW wife was totally shocked when she learnt her very intelligent, high status with the military, cat loving, beloved husband was charged also. Same with PB mother. Wow she must have been totally devastated to think she raise this monster. Rocked him, cuddled, loved, praised, disciplined, wiped away his tears and tended to his scraped knees as a child and on and on the list goes.

Bottom line is when the evidence proves the accused guilt, it's just something loved ones of the guilty must accept and move on in a health fashion, however that may be. Whatever they have to do to cope and regain a healthy state of mind is imperative. Nothing will every change the fact that Tori was raped, thus the whole reason for her abduction, fueled by MR.

No matter what way you slice it, it happened and nothing will bring RS's and TM's sweet baby girl back sadly. All they are seeking now is that MR is held accountable and pay for what MR did to Tori. They all know what happened and that is actually a good thing as it will help them move forward. RS has stated numerous times he wants to know, he wants answers. It gives him strength to carry on in the name of justice for sweet Tori who did not deserve what happened to her; as no one deserves.

The Crown is not there to lie and we are all aware of that. They are there working of us; society as a whole, to prove what happened to Tori on that horrific day, to show the jurors who will decide MR fate, that we as a society will not tolerate people who commit such sickening crimes against, your children, my children, our grandchildren, children in general. This type of behaviour is done by those who are not right in the mind and we cannot allow them freedom to harm, torture and/or kill other innocent children or people period. I just wish people could remove TLM from the case and you will see, MR was a time bomb waiting to explode. I believe in time MR would have been stalking out children or women on his own. He has a very sick, sexual deviant mind and of course found another sick mind who was willing to help him. The two of them together were the perfect pair for carrying out disgusting crimes again others.

As many of us have stated for so long, we do not have to wait until everything is played out in court before we are able to see through, theorize and judge with the evidence and information being presented before the trial. It is all about common sense, being able to put the pieces together and analyze with logical thinking. <modsnip>. It must be very hard to admit our loved one could be so evil and was not the person we thought they were. All JMH&PO

I guess it's all subjective. The jury may feel as you do. Funny, I would bet my last nickel he raped that poor child. Too many things need explaining away for me. JMO

Me too, but I do hope that it didn't happen ... I pray it didn't happen

It is foolish to believe that TLM wrote to a gang member using gang symbols and not be a gang member.

I,m behind, so this may have been addressed, but: no, it isn't. Do you know how many wannabe little gangstas there are running around urban areas in Canada? Lots.

Kids throw up gang signs in pictures and post them on FB all the time. They tag random objects with gang symbols all over the place. They wear gang colours and try to act tough and cool all the time. It isn't new, and it certainly isn't confined to TLM.

So many coincidences regarding the abduction.

Far to many to be getting the full truth from the Crown theory.

Life doesn't work that way. Where there is smoke there is fire.

It sounds like a tale that a teenager would spin to his parents, and then I remember that TLM is a teenager.

What they can't explain, they deny, deny, deny.

I don't believe MR was participating in a random, sexually oriented abduction. He could have been involved in the abduction, perhaps some poorly conceived plan to get back at someone, or send a message, or for some perceived injustice..........but TLM killed TS and things went downhill from there.

Under that scenario, he would be guilty of kidnapping and perhaps murder, so he isn't going to tell his lawyer the truth.

TLM didn't want to reveal the truth, because she would have a harder time accusing MR of the murder.

There is some other answer..........because neither the Crown or defense theories fit all that well.

JMO.............

Coincidences DO sometimes happen, you know.

If Tori was intentionally targeted, how did TLM know that this would be the day - the first and only day - she walked home alone? Any other day she would have been with her brother.

Another possibility: MR asked her to get a child for him. She either thought of Tori as a suitable child for him to abuse, so targeted her then, or went to the school and recognized Tori and decided to take her.

I just don't see taking Tori in particular for some kind of revenge or something. I've seen no evidence that TLM would have known she was going to be walking alone that day. It seems to me that it pretty much had to be random because of that.

I find it hard to believe, honestly, that so many people here think MR is innocent. His lies and his behaviour in visiting TLM in jail, as well as the blood evidence, have been very convincing to me.

Tink

This was not proven effectively to me. There are others that think this way too. A couple of them could be in the jury. MOO

Oh I'm sure the jurors have found all the evidence and discussions very effective and IMHO that's all that matters as they are they ones who will decide MR's fate. I find it just amazing how Gowdey said so many things which we have discussed here on WS. So if so many brilliant minds have come together to sleuth and conclude exactly what the Crown has presented in their closing, to me this is very telling there weren't no big secrets or strategies to this case; all just so explainable, simple and straightforward. Although MR was the mastermind, he obviously wasn't a brilliant mind. MOO

I don't think TLM's testimony is true regarding the car wash and store.

There is no way that LE couldn't have found it. All they had to do was talk to the list of newspaper delivery guys and show them the picture or they could put a picture on the front page of all the TO papers and it would have been found by a reader.

So.........I think they threw the clothing out somewhere.......but TLM was so drugged up that she has no clue where.............

JMO.........
Yes, there's definitely something fishy about the car wash scenario. Rafferty became very agitated and mouthed "liar" or BS" or something both times it came up. This is odd, because that's as close as we ever saw him to testifying and I could see no reason he would dispute that in view of the multitude of other, far more damning, evidence he could have disputed presuming he were innocent. It just doesn't make sense.

My 7 year neice old took her tights off to go pee on a road trip because the first time she tried she fell back ... The tights too tight around the ankles to get her balance ... Tights off, shoes came off too ... It was funny at the time watching her struggle to try to put them back on ... But now when I think about my thought go to VS.

BBM

Snipped for space:

Whilst I would expect perhaps a child to remove their tights in front of someone they know, I don't think they would in front of someone they don't know. That aside, defence and those who are pro-rafferty are forgetting she wasn't just missing her tights when she was found.

Steven D'Souza &#8207; @cbcsteve
Crown says #Rafferrty put hammer and garbage bags in trunk of car b/c he knew why they were bought at Home Depot

The more the Crown continues, the more I realize how much their case depends on the testimony of TLM.

JMO...................

bbm

actually its the evidence that was produced from TLM's testimony, if she had not shared the home depot and ATM stop... those video's probably wouldn't be available; so i'm happy that TLM did share so much information that could assist them in gathering evidence

TLM coat, why would MR ask TLM to take her coat off so he could wipe his penis? Why not use the tights, skirt, or VS coat? I believe threw TLM coat out because she killed VS and it had nothing to do with rape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11