TRIAL Week One - Ross Harris 3 October 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having no conscience is HUGE! You can't turn conscience off and on. You either have it or are possibly a sociopath :) He just didn't give a ***** about anything is my take on the comment.

The VICTIM in another trial I followed closely for years (and still am) called himself a "sociopath" in an email to friends.

The defense used that term against the dead victim mercilessly during trial. The victim was not a sociopath, he was a compassionate, loving, empathetic man who used that term to express , clumsily , that he hadn't always been considerate enough of the women he dated.

Sorry, but there is no way I'm going to take those words literally and at face value, much less to conclude from them Harris lacks a conscience or is guilty.

Thanks. That's what I assumed, but the name of the thread made me wonder if trials get a new thread every day. That seemed like work!

It is not unusual for a trial such as this, to get a new thread each trial day and then a thread for the weekend. jmo

Having no conscience is HUGE! You can't turn conscience off and on. You either have it or are possibly a sociopath :) He just didn't give a ***** about anything is my take on the comment.

Having no conscience about running around on his wife in no way means he is without a conscience at all.

The VICTIM in another trial I followed closely for years (and still am) called himself a "sociopath" in an email to friends.

The defense used that term against the dead victim mercilessly during trial. The victim was not a sociopath, he was a compassionate, loving, empathetic man who used that term to express , clumsily , that he hadn't always been considerate enough of the women he dated.

Sorry, but there is no way I'm going to take those words literally and at face value, much less to conclude from them Harris lacks a conscience or is guilty.

bbm- I'm not asking you to. IMO to admit to having no conscience is huge. Lay people and lawyers aren't allowed to diagnose and label people as sociopaths. Only Doctors can. The defense should have been called out for that.

Having no conscience about running around on his wife in no way means he is without a conscience at all.

And you know this how?

If he did this on purpose I can't help but wonder why he posted such incriminating things online. Why he searched things to do with the heat and death in a car.

If he did this on purpose I can't help but wonder why he posted such incriminating things online. Why he searched things to do with the heat and death in a car.

Me neither. Maybe he knew he was extremely forgetful and/or almost did it on previous occasions so was trying to calculate how likely his son would die if he did actually forget? Do we know his wife didn't do the searches? Maybe she knew he was forgetful/irresponsible and worried about him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me neither. Maybe he knew he was extremely forgetful and/or almost did it on previous occasions so was trying to calculate how likely his son would die if he did actually forget? Do we know his wife didn't do the searches? Maybe she knew he was forgetful/irresponsible and worried about him.

I suppose it is possible. Mind you, i'm as vague as they come. I often forget what I was talking about 5 minutes ago. I have never left any of my children in the car. But I am the type of mother who sings and chats to the kids. I also put them front facing as soon as they are big enough so I can see them in my rear view mirror. Didn't RH change the baby from rear facing to front facing and back to rear facing again?

I think he did it in the past - left Cooper in the car during errands, etc. and it worried his wife.

On the day of Cooper's death, I think Ross left him in the car on purpose, but intended just to make a quick appearance at work and then bring Cooper to daycare. I think he intended to leave the boy for just a couple of minutes (which would still be dangerous in the heat, but he was willing to risk it), but he got distracted at the office and forgot.

I also think he remembered Cooper later and then checked at lunchtime (the lightbulbs) to confirm the baby died. Then, he spent the afternoon planning the "discovery" on his way to the movies.

He's 100% responsible for Cooper's death, but I don't think he intended to kill him.

jmopinion, subject to change as we learn more at trial.

I suppose it is possible. Mind you, i'm as vague as they come. I often forget what I was talking about 5 minutes ago. I have never left any of my children in the car. But I am the type of mother who sings and chats to the kids. I also put them front facing as soon as they are big enough so I can see them in my rear view mirror. Didn't RH change the baby from rear facing to front facing and back to rear facing again?

Sadly, people do forget their pets and children in cars. And it happens dozens of times every summer. And most of these people are responsible, highly functioning and loving parents.

I think he did it in the past - left Cooper in the car during errands, etc. and it worried his wife.

On the day of Cooper's death, I think Ross left him in the car on purpose, but intended just to make a quick appearance at work and then bring Cooper to daycare. I think he intended to leave the boy for just a couple of minutes (which would still be dangerous in the heat, but he was willing to risk it), but he got distracted at the office and forgot.

I also think he remembered Cooper later and then checked at lunchtime (the lightbulbs) to confirm the baby died. Then, he spent the afternoon planning the "discovery" on his way to the movies.

He's 100% responsible for Cooper's death, but I don't think he intended to kill him.

jmopinion, subject to change as we learn more at trial.

I wonder if he was so preoccupied with all the girls he was texting he forgot about the little one.

I wonder if he was so preoccupied with all the girls he was texting he forgot about the little one.

Which is exactly what the defense is going to propose. But if I was so preoccupied with sexting a bunch of women/girls and forgot my child resulting in his death, I would want them to put me under the jail. I could not carry on knowing that my own selfish wants caused me to forget my child. I literally could not live with myself.

bbm- I'm not asking you to. IMO to admit to having no conscience is huge. Lay people and lawyers aren't allowed to diagnose and label people as sociopaths. Only Doctors can. The defense should have been called out for that.

Context matters. Harris isn't on trial for marital infidelity, or for moral failings. The State would have a better case that such statements by Harris were relevant, IMO, if he was on trial for murdering his wife rather than his son.

Harris was essentially being asked by the woman he was sexting with whether or not he felt guilty about sexting with her with his family right there. His response was, no, doesn't bother me.

Nothing in that exchange had anything to do with how Harris felt about Cooper. For that matter, the exchange didn't necessarily even accurately represent his feelings about LeAnne.

And...... exactly. Lay people and attorneys can't make diagnoses, but lay people use such terms without intending they be understood or interpreted clinically. A lay person saying he lacks a conscience in that context is no different, IMO, than the layperson I mentioned calling himself a sociopath.

I think it's possible. Evidence seems to indicate that Ross Harris was well into the sexting thing. He was actively sexting that morning and probably was preoccupied during their morning routine that day. It's obvious he wasn't thinking about Cooper. I think Ross Harris is responsible for the horrible death of his poor sweet son. I'm just not convinced (yet) that it was premeditated. I'm interested to see how the defense will proceed. How will they discredit the State's evidence which seems compelling? Can the defense convince the jury that he's a grieving father who just made a bad mistake? It may be tricky with a client who's so unlikable. All just MHO..

I think it's possible. Evidence seems to indicate that Ross Harris was well into the sexting thing. He was actively sexting that morning and probably was preoccupied during their morning routine that day. It's obvious he wasn't thinking about Cooper. I think Ross Harris is responsible for the horrible death of his poor sweet son. I'm just not convinced (yet) that it was premeditated. I'm interested to see how the defense will proceed. How will they discredit the State's evidence which seems compelling? Can the defense convince the jury that he's a grieving father who just made a bad mistake? It may be tricky with a client who's so unlikable. All just MHO..

It is unfortunate that he has an angry looking face......

Skibs said:
Philip A. HollowayVerified account ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 5m5 minutes ago
Prosecutors: Toddler said "school" minutes before #RossHarris is alleged to have left him in #HotCarDeathTrial

https://twitter.com/PhilHollowayEsq

First time I have heard this?

Now, "how" would the Prosecutor know this? Is this what JRH said?? :confused:

First time I'm heard that too, Skibs. :wave:

Ah - I see Hope4More asked the same thing...

Hope4More said:
How many threads depends on the number of posts, but this will be the one trial thread until it is full, then a moderator will open a new thread after giving folks a heads up and link.

I don't think so, as the Heading for this thread is titled Trial Day One.... :thinking:

Maybe a Mod will clarify that for us - or we just wait until tomorrow - new thread for Day Two?

:seeya: see you all then!

"No conscience" doesn't mean squat, IMO, other than an expression of his contempt for honoring his marriage vows. No reason to believe it has anything to do with how he felt about Cooper.

I think it has everything to do with his callous behavior. When I hear he complained about the temperature of the police car, I feel outraged. Yeah guy your son died a horrific death in a hot car, excuse me while all of my empathy goes to beautiful Cooper. What a low life Harris is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member