TRIAL Week One - Ross Harris 3 October 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I cannot believe the judge is letting in some of the evidence she is - like a prostitute from a month or so before Cooper's death?? How is that relevant? I think there are going to be all kinds of problems with this trial. If he gets convicted, I would not be at all surprised to see it overturned on appeal.

Philip A. HollowayVerified account ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 5m5 minutes ago
Prosecutors: Toddler said "school" minutes before #RossHarris is alleged to have left him in #HotCarDeathTrial

https://twitter.com/PhilHollowayEsq

First time I have heard this?

Said when? Only two possibilities - at the restaurant or in the parking lot and a witness overheard (hmm), or in the car, and Harris is the one who reported that to LE ( which would be kind of odd, especially if Harris had premeditated killing Cooper).

Also, I cannot believe the judge is letting in some of the evidence she is - like a prostitute from a month or so before Cooper's death?? How is that relevant? I think there are going to be all kinds of problems with this trial. If he gets convicted, I would not be at all surprised to see it overturned on appeal.

Yep.......and yep, and we're just getting started.

My theory right now is that he was tired of the life they were living. He wanted to be free to pursue his interests and paying child support and taking care of a child during visitation would crimp his style. Just that he admitted he had no conscience (and that is not selective) and that Cooper looked peaceful when all witnesses stated otherwse, and no emotion, shows he was covering for his lack of conscience at the death of his child.

Did they reveal what the prostitute's testimony would say? I was in and out today and the audio was horrible. What if he made a statement to prostitute about his desire to be "childless"? That would fit right into the prosecution's theory would it not? It certainly fits into the double life scenario that has been suggested he was leading.

This is the first trial I for me on WS (Cooper's case is the first case that brought me here). My question is - will there be a new thread every day of the trial or will this thread serve for the whole trial?

Just getting a lay of the land as I prepare to follow the happenings in court. TIA.

Duffie Dixon 11AliveVerified account ‏@DuffieDixon 43s44 seconds ago
Jury in #RossHarris murder trial going home for the day. Defense will begin opening statement tomorrow at 9am. #11alive #HotCarDeath

https://twitter.com/DuffieDixon

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 1m1 minute ago Brunswick, GA
Defense opening delayed until Tues am #RossHarris #HotCarDeath

Good night. I'll see you in the morning.:seeya:

Helps to establish intent which they must do in order to prove malice. Normal cases this would be too prejudicial but in this one it is essential to the very nature of the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staley is giving the jury a folksy pep talk, telling them trials don't always go as planned, but they'll get into the groove and are almost there.

Tomorrow at 9, then lunch break around noon, another break in the afternoon and done at 5. What will be their regular schedule.

Does anyone know if the daycare tried to contact the defendant or his wife to ask why Cooper didn't come to preschool that day? I know the evidence will come but I was hoping there is some background already known?

It's my recollection that the daycare did not call. They apparently did send some sort of email to Harris but it could have been just a general email that went to all parents. Some suggested seeing the return address on the email should have reminded him of Connor. It's been months so my memory on the daycare may be incorrect. I've always found Leanna's statement at the daycare, "I bet Ross left him in the car!" to be very strange and suspicious.

This is the first trial I for me on WS (Cooper's case is the first case that brought me here). My question is - will there be a new thread every day of the trial or will this thread serve for the whole trial?

Just getting a lay of the land as I prepare to follow the happenings in court. TIA.

How many threads depends on the number of posts, but this will be the one trial thread until it is full, then a moderator will open a new thread after giving folks a heads up and link.

I think jrh not only wanted his son gone, and the life insurance benefits, but I think he was looking for fame. He was going to try to parlay this 'terrible accident' into a career and he would be the great spokesman for children accidentally dying in cars. He thought he was going to be famous and get rich from Cooper's death. JMO The defense should just give up, I've heard enough to hang him already.

Sorry, I posted before I watched the 2nd half of the video and the prosecutor keeps bring up the 'advocate' issue. LOL - I thought I had a real brainstorm all on my own.:facepalm:

How many threads depends on the number of posts, but this will be the one trial thread until it is full, then a moderator will open a new thread after giving folks a heads up and link.

Thanks. That's what I assumed, but the name of the thread made me wonder if trials get a new thread every day. That seemed like work!

It's my recollection that the daycare did not call. They apparently did send some sort of email to Harris but it could have been just a general email that went to all parents. Some suggested seeing the return address on the email should have reminded him of Connor. It's been months so my memory on the daycare may be incorrect. I've always found Leanna's statement at the daycare, "I bet Ross left him in the car!" to be very strange and suspicious.

Thank you. That is a strange and suspicious comment. I wonder how much we will find out from her when she gives evidence. I find it really hard to believe a mother and father would want their child dead.... but then again, there are many awful things happen in this world that are hard to understand.

"No conscience" doesn't mean squat, IMO, other than an expression of his contempt for honoring his marriage vows. No reason to believe it has anything to do with how he felt about Cooper.

Having no conscience is HUGE! You can't turn conscience off and on. You either have it or are possibly a sociopath :) He just didn't give a ***** about anything is my take on the comment.

Thank you. That is a strange and suspicious comment. I wonder how much we will find out from her when she gives evidence. I find it really hard to believe a mother and father would want their child dead.... but then again, there are many awful things happen in this world that are hard to understand.

After the horrific Victoria Martens, Shaniya Davis, Liam Fee and many other cases here I'm sadly no longer shocked at what so-called mothers and fathers are capable of.

What if his premeditation was telling his wife he was scared he'd forget him in the car, enough times over a matter of weeks or months, that it popped into her mind immediately and she made the comment almost jokingly? People who are scared they will do something are usually much more vigilant than Daddy dearest.

Already a juror medical issue!

"Levi Page ‏@Levi_Page 28m28 minutes ago
Due to a medical issue w/ a juror, the #JustinRossHarris trial will resume tomorrow morning with defense opening statements."

Helps to establish intent which they must do in order to prove malice. Normal cases this would be too prejudicial but in this one it is essential to the very nature of the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does being with a prostitute establish intent in this case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynichick