Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, these pix are good. I bet she was in the weeds area. Ugh. Dumped on a rainy night in the dark there.

Do you know what the gray building is? I see cars parked there. Hoping they have a security camera.

Gray building with all the cars is the Landscape Architects. I did not see any beauty shops along the way. Anyone know where it is located? I'll go snap some pictures tomorrow. I guess that I can learn how to video tape, as well. Just need to know if videos upload to WS.

ETA: Best weed pictures are 26. I drove by the weeds way down the road, on the right is where I guessed they found her, looked over into the weeds? Should have stopped to take more pictures. Desolate area. Prone to flooding. That is why it has not been developed. Maybe even part of the reservoir, I'd have to look at a map. But for sale signs up.

Where I turned east, the street sign was 1000 going south and 1100 going north. That is why I think the weeds at the end of the road picture is where they located her remains. Do not ask me how the font size changed. I don't know.

ETA: Landscape guys sold in April, 2020. So the building is a beauty shop. I did not know that...
I'll drive by tomorrow and check for cameras. But the buolding facaes Katy Freeway, my guess is if there are any side of building cameras, they would not shoot all the way to the street. But we can hope, for sure.

Last edited:
Oh man. Alexis shouldn’t have even been in Texas for Thanksgiving.
BBM:

She had very deep roots with very close friends and family,” Robinault said. “She came home often… as often as you can living in Texas.”

“She loved home,” she said. “She loved being on the reservoir in our boat.”

Alexis hadn’t been able to make it home for almost a year.

“She was last home last Christmas,” Robinault said. “We were supposed to get together in April… and then COVID. We were supposed to get together for Thanksgiving… and then COVID.”

That one’s the heartbreaker,” she said. “If we would have been together, nothing would have happened.”

Last week, “We were planning Christmas. We had been texting back and forth. She was gearing up for it,” Robinault said. “She was planning on coming home for Christmas when she was killed.”

‘So Much Fun’
She was home last Christmas after she got married, so I’m assuming TS went with her?

Last edited:
Next. I am going to attempt the ultimate, upload all in one post. Well. Maybe, I'm afraid they won't all upload. Let's try these.

26 I have turned towards the north. Looking down Haws.
27 turning to my left, now facing NE across the fields.
28 turned again, facing the Landscape Architects Building. West, SW direction. Katy Freeway in the background.
29 I am facing South towards the feeder road. Landscsape people are to the right in this picture. All the tall buoldings are across the freeway. The stsop sigh is the feeder road. Can only turn to the right and go west from there towards Hwy. 6 intersection. Park and Ride lot, some other small businesses, last I checked, landscape yard of some kind. Then the back of a small strip center but facing a different road.
Wonder why those vehicles are parked on the street?

Gray building with all the cars is the Landscape Architects. I did not see any beauty shops along the way. Anyone know where it is located? I'll go snap some pictures tomorrow. I guess that I can learn how to video tape, as well. Just need to know if videos upload to WS.

ETA: Best weed pictures are 26. I drove by the weeds way down the road, on the right is where I guessed they found her, looked over into the weeds? Should have stopped to take more pictures. Desolate area. Prone to flooding. That is why it has not been developed. Maybe even part of the reservoir, I'd have to look at a map. But for sale signs up.

Beauty shop might be this one:

Jentry Kelley Cosmetics - Memorial West
13300 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX 77079

I found this MSM article talking about how they met in Midland/Odessa and came to Houston from there. Houston definitely has more influencer possibilities than Midland/Odessa.

Friends say Sharkey once lived in Midland-Odessa, and that’s where she met her husband, Tom.
Alexis Sharkey investigation: Friends say death was foul play | khou.com

“Norling-Martin said before moving to Houston, Alexis once lived in Midland-Odessa, where she met her husband, Tom.”

Not sure what brought her from PA to Midland-Odessa though. Doubt it was to work at a bar, maybe UTPB (University of Texas Permian Basin) , school offers MS in Biology.
Midland Odessa is the Permian Basin, as I recall, MANY Texas oil fields are located way out there. As in there is a well pumping every foot or so... ok, but one on top of another. Like trees in a forest.

That's the one
Google has the picture of the Landscape Architects. I'm checking to see what I can find. BRB.

"13300 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX 77079 was recently sold on 04-20-2020. See home details for 13300 Katy Fwy and find similar homes for sale now in Houston, TX ..." google search
The Architect sign is still up there? But that would explain all the cars there today.

Last edited:
From the article Tbone144 found:

"'[Tom Sharkey] was in the oil field, and I think she worked at a local bar [in Odessa, TX] for a little bit so I think they just crossed paths that way,' Norling-Martin said."
"Norling-Martin said the two moved to Grand Junction, Colorado for about four months in 2019."​
"Norling-Martin said the couple moved to Houston this January [2020]."​

Midland Odessa is the Permian Basin, as I recall, MANY Texas oil fields are located way out there. As in there is a well pumping every foot or so... ok, but one on top of another. Like trees in a forest.
- constant influx of transient workers, very high cost of living, plus crime.
Mainly oilfield or restaurant/bar work.

Google has the picture of the Landscape Architects. I'm checking to see what I can find. BRB.
Google street view has Landscape Architects, overhead view lists it as the makeup place. I tried searching the makeup place to see if she tagged it at all on her IG page but I didn’t see anything. I haven’t been over that way in awhile (I’m on east side and NE side) to know what that building is currently.

opinion alert:

I know very little about Instagram followers. Isn’t it just like clicking a “like” button, except you click “follow”? Heck, we have posters here on WS with 100s of 1000s of likes. But I guess the photographs on Insta is what makes it so different?

For now, I’m just viewing this as a home state PA woman who moved to Houston. Until I have a reason to think that the social media influencer stuff has anything to do with it, I’m mostly disregarding it.

Going to just look at the usual reasons / suspects for a woman’s murder. Until I know more.

jmo

I did a mini timeline Monday. updating below. feel free to edit or update. I have to run. I haven't had a chance to see the full mom interview yet (so nothing in that below) but totally agree with yall based on the short version that she seems like a great mom and great interview.

Timeline:

WEDNESDAY Spoke to mother Wednesday about Xmas plans

THURSDAY Last seen by other than spouse (that we know of).
  • Spent Thanksgiving at friend Tanya R’s with others there too (per Tanya interview and photo media published reportedly taken Thursday which is the last photo of AS that Tanya knows of). Implied is that AS left Thursday night. No mention of AS spending the night or of friends seeing her anytime after Thanksgiving.
  • “Tanya said Alexis spent Thanksgiving at her house and they made plans to watch movies with other friends all day on Saturday. The last time they spoke was around 6 p.m. Friday.” 'She was always happy' | Alexis Sharkey remembered by friends | khou.com
  • Mom texted with AS
FRIDAY Unknown time - Co-workers notice she is not posting on Black Friday
FRIDAY 6pm- Stopped responding to messages from friends
FRIDAY Unknown time - Last seen at apartment complex by TS
  • "Alexis Sharkey was last seen the day after Thanksgiving at her apartment complex."
  • Sharkey said when he last saw his wife, he warned her not to drive.
    "She understood me. I understood her. We didn't fight when she left. I just told her she couldn't drive under the influence," said Sharkey. "She left anyhow. This is where we're at." Husband of Houston Instagram influencer says he's receiving death threats
FRIDAY Unknown time before 11pm - TS texts John

FRIDAY 11 PM - John calls TS and reports that TS said AS left after argument and he doesn't know where she went (per CT)

SATURDAY 8:30 AM- AS body found naked in bush by public works worker.
SATURDAY ALL DAY - was supposed to watch movies all day with friends including Tanya. Missed plans. No responses to calls/ texts. Friends group text and no one has heard from AS.
SATURDAY 12:30PM - Tanya and Desiree go to apartment. No one answered door at apt. They wait outside her apt for "hours".
SATURDAY Unknown time before 9 pm - TS and Tanya both contact the parents of AS about missing status and the friends file a missing person's report with police.
  • "A police report has been filed by her friends, and her husband has been notified."
    UPDATE: Body of 26-year-old woman found in Houston, family says
  • also from this early article:
  • "Sharkey was last in contact with her friends at 6 p.m., and no one has heard from her since, according to her mother. .... Her mother said there was an argument and she left and didn’t take her car."
Great timeline
I would add in that TS states in article that he went to the ME office on Sunday, Looking for Alexis.
"He said he went to the Harris County Medical Examiner's Office on Sunday morning,looking for Alexis"
Husband of Houston Instagram influencer says he's receiving death threats

I found this MSM article talking about how they met in Midland/Odessa and came to Houston from there. Houston definitely has more influencer possibilities than Midland/Odessa.

Friends say Sharkey once lived in Midland-Odessa, and that’s where she met her husband, Tom.
Alexis Sharkey investigation: Friends say death was foul play | khou.com

“Norling-Martin said before moving to Houston, Alexis once lived in Midland-Odessa, where she met her husband, Tom.”

Not sure what brought her from PA to Midland-Odessa though. Doubt it was to work at a bar, maybe UTPB (University of Texas Permian Basin) , school offers MS in Biology.

Maybe the graduate school program, but Midland Odessa is all about oil. And money. Follow the money...

According to the articles I've seen, the two friends waiting for hours outside her place on Saturday, were TR and DJ:

"After we hadn't heard anything from her on Saturday, we were worried so Tanya and I went to their apartment at about 12:30 [noon] ," Desiree said "They had a ring doorbell, but nobody answered. "We sat outside and waited for hours."
Friends of influencer Alexis Sharkey say they have vital information for cops

The friend that AS is said to have texted her boyfriend at 11pm FRIDAY night, was CT

"Sharkey’s close friend Chelsea Turnbow told FOX 26 about the moment she learned something was wrong Friday night. “Tom, which is her husband, texted my boyfriend,” said Turnbow. “11 p.m. is when my boyfriend John called Tom and said, What’s going on, Tom? And he said, 'Me and Lex got into an argument, and she left. I don’t know where she went. Can you just please let me know if you know anything.'”
Surveillance video could give clues on how influencer’s body ended up in Houston ditch

I'm speculating that since all these friends say they all stay in touch constantly, the two sitting outside her apartment for hours on Saturday DID know she went missing the previous night (since one of her other friends clearly knew), but didn't actually worry about it until they still couldn't reach her the following day.

ETA: Scratch that - if all these same friends were in the same group chat as has been implied, it seems kind of strange that no one told them AS's hubby texted the night before saying she was gone. In her interview linked above, the one friend seems to have zero reason to be worried by Saturday when she texted the chat and asked who was coming over, and AS wasn't the first to reply.

Something fishy going on here.

jmo
Why would they sit outside for hours? Why not look for her? Strange.
Oh man. Alexis shouldn’t have even been in Texas for Thanksgiving.
BBM:

She had very deep roots with very close friends and family,” Robinault said. “She came home often… as often as you can living in Texas.”

“She loved home,” she said. “She loved being on the reservoir in our boat.”

Alexis hadn’t been able to make it home for almost a year.

“She was last home last Christmas,” Robinault said. “We were supposed to get together in April… and then COVID. We were supposed to get together for Thanksgiving… and then COVID.”

That one’s the heartbreaker,” she said. “If we would have been together, nothing would have happened.”

Last week, “We were planning Christmas. We had been texting back and forth. She was gearing up for it,” Robinault said. “She was planning on coming home for Christmas when she was killed.”

‘So Much Fun’
IMHO, covid didn’t keep her from going home. She was ok with spending Thanksgiving with a group of people so something else was the reason. She was possibly in Mexico the week before, so COVID wasn’t the reason.

A couple things I’m wondering. The friend whose mom was in town from Mexico made me wonder if other family may have come as well. Maybe someone Alexis spent time with.

I do wonder if friends knew there may have been another person she was interested in and that’s why alarm bells didn’t immediately sound? Did they think she was with someone else?

Would Alexis feel like she would need a “reason” to leave her marriage or did she truly have a reason.

While Alexis may have no qualms with traveling during COVID we don’t know that there aren’t immune-compromised family members who would be a bit more cautious and wouldn’t want to see someone traveling internationally and going to and fro via plane.

Also there was a post last night that celebration of life event was cancelled due to changing circumstances. All of her friends profiles were still up last night but looks like one group has all gone private. It all seems odd.
Maybe family rescheduled celebration of life until they could all be there. I just know with all the Covid stuff, traveling is difficult right.
As for the friend's profiles.. that is not strange in cases.. most relatives, friends, etc will go private due to ongoing investigation and sometimes due to LE asking them to do that. JMO

Two key points at top of my mind:
  • AS and TS reportedly had a ring camera (The Sun article)
  • TS reports AS opted to hop the back fence rather than exit through the front door o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
‘Incredible Loss’: Instagram Influencer Found Dead Along Houston Road
Two friends said Tom Sharkey told them he had gotten into an argument with his wife before she went missing and claimed she had “hopped over their patio fence and into a car.”
BBM
A good reason or excuse for why she was not seen exiting (walking out) the front door.
Hmmmmm

According to this article there was an emoji response Friday night. Not enough detail, it’s the Sun, and no way to know if it was really her using the phone. Or if was even on a phone.

“Her last message was when she responded to a male friend's comments with a laughing emoji later the same evening - but they became worried after not hearing from her on Saturday - behavior they said was unusual as they all text each other "constantly".

Friends of influencer Alexis Sharkey say they have vital information for cops
Maybe this person was also in the influencer line of work as a musician/promoter/etc or knew Alexis and friends from a restaurant or club they frequented and was a casual member of their group or had crossed paths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member