Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of curious if she had been married or engaged before. I have seen no reports of that, but one of her Facebook cover photos from July 2017 is a picture of two girls (faces cut out), one in what may be a wedding dress and one not, but both with engagement rings and a family member tagged in it. Would be a really strange cover photo for somebody to have and not be one of the people in the picture.

You can cut someone's air supply off using a choke hold. The move has been banned in Canada for nearly 30 years because people detained by police have died from its inexpert use. Chances are it will not leave a mark.

Here's some information provided by PEI government regarding domestic abuse, specifically choking and strangulation and how many times no marks are evident.

https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/sites/default/files/publications/css_straginfo14.pdf
In my earlier explanation, I said the carotid artery hold causes loss of air to the brain. Actually, it causes a loss of blood to the brain. The carotid arteries are located on both sides of the neck.
Pressure is applied with an arm pressing on both arteries. The arm is situated so as not to put pressure on the throat thus cutting off air.

Essentially, the carotid artery hold which I believe could have been used in this case, puts pressure on the jugular veins on both sides of the neck which temporarily cuts off blood flow to the brain which renders a person unconscious. (Usually quickly).

A chokehold is where pressure is applied on the front of the neck and throat which cuts off the person's air.

These are 2 different holds that are often confused. Below is an article that is very specific. It also shows how each hold is administered.

I've had the carotid artery applied to my jugular several times. (All under supervision and not because I needed to be restrained.

Bilateral vascular restraint – Facts and myths of the carotid restraint

Good to have a local in here with us, who knows the lay of the land.

Is Katy Freeway also known as I-10? I ask because I am looking at other crimes that happened that night. (Though this case may turn out to be exactly how it appears, we just don’t know yet.)

These guys robbed a convenience store Friday night and were on the run. About 1/2 hour away, but near I-10.
HCSO: 2 men on the run after aggravated robbery in northeast Harris County

Yes. Katy Freeway is I-10 west. I have some pics. Will upload in a bit. Driving right now. Pouring rain.

These are young people, right? I can see not knowing when to make the big step of calling someone’s mom. Sort of sitting there wondering whether to blow something up.

If the husband said they fought and she left, I’d start there. I don’t think she’s take off on foot, contact no one and mysteriously be stripped and killed but with no sign of obvious damage on her body.

If you consider late 20s early 30s young.

Kind of curious if she had been married or engaged before. I have seen no reports of that, but one of her Facebook cover photos from July 2017 is a picture of two girls (faces cut out), one in what may be a wedding dress and one not, but both with engagement rings and a family member tagged in it. Would be a really strange cover photo for somebody to have and not be one of the people in the picture.
Looked again... it DEFINITELY looks like an engagement ring, but it appears to be on her right hand. Probably false alarm.

It's been confirmed via article that Chelsea and Tanya know one another.

Most of these people seem have been friends for less than a year. So there isn't a lot of history between them. If you're an influencer, you are more likely to present a sunny, positive and envious lifestyle to your followers and to a lesser extent to your new friends. We all know people who post on FB all manner of uplifting photos when we are well aware things are less than perfect.

I find it interesting that according to AS mom, she received “simultaneous” calls from TS and TR that she was missing. Couple that with TR saying she (no mention of the other friend that supposedly went with them) went to AS apt (where she made sure to mention they have a ring camera) and then stayed outside of her apartment for hours. Almost like she was providing a story for her being there that day.

<modsnip: Rumors are not allowed.>

ultimately it comes down to COD so we know which theory to focus on

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to have a local in here with us, who knows the lay of the land.

Is Katy Freeway also known as I-10? I ask because I am looking at other crimes that happened that night. (Though this case may turn out to be exactly how it appears, we just don’t know yet.)

These guys robbed a convenience store Friday night and were on the run. About 1/2 hour away, but near I-10.
HCSO: 2 men on the run after aggravated robbery in northeast Harris County

Way on the other side, diagonally across the city from where she was found. However, we had an armed robbery yesterday at my Exxon Station early afternoon. My son sent the news to me.

Can anyone on that side of town verify the Omni Westside on Katy Freeway is open? I know the other Omni in Houston is open but I’m seeing the images below when trying to make a reservation which leads me to believe that location is temporarily closed, not just the bar, etc. I tried to make a room reservation and it said no rooms available for random dates for one night at that location.

Attachments

• 90B4B103-9793-4CEC-BDA0-EED5B9E50D7C.png
    90B4B103-9793-4CEC-BDA0-EED5B9E50D7C.png
    137.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 3B033593-4BA8-482D-9D85-2FD83784FD4C.jpeg
    3B033593-4BA8-482D-9D85-2FD83784FD4C.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 40
Can anyone on that side of town verify the Omni Westside on Katy Freeway is open? I know the other Omni in Houston is open but I’m seeing the images below when trying to make a reservation which leads me to believe that location is temporarily closed, not just the bar, etc. I tried to make a room reservation and it said no rooms available for random dates for one night at that location.

I just called the hotel. They are closed until after the first of the year.

According to the articles I've seen, the two friends waiting for hours outside her place on Saturday, were TR and DJ:

"After we hadn't heard anything from her on Saturday, we were worried so Tanya and I went to their apartment at about 12:30 [noon] ," Desiree said "They had a ring doorbell, but nobody answered. "We sat outside and waited for hours."
Friends of influencer Alexis Sharkey say they have vital information for cops

The friend that AS is said to have texted her boyfriend at 11pm FRIDAY night, was CT

"Sharkey’s close friend Chelsea Turnbow told FOX 26 about the moment she learned something was wrong Friday night. “Tom, which is her husband, texted my boyfriend,” said Turnbow. “11 p.m. is when my boyfriend John called Tom and said, What’s going on, Tom? And he said, 'Me and Lex got into an argument, and she left. I don’t know where she went. Can you just please let me know if you know anything.'”
Surveillance video could give clues on how influencer’s body ended up in Houston ditch

I'm speculating that since all these friends say they all stay in touch constantly, the two sitting outside her apartment for hours on Saturday DID know she went missing the previous night (since one of her other friends clearly knew), but didn't actually worry about it until they still couldn't reach her the following day.

ETA: Scratch that - if all these same friends were in the same group chat as has been implied, it seems kind of strange that no one told them AS's hubby texted the night before saying she was gone. In her interview linked above, the one friend seems to have zero reason to be worried by Saturday when she texted the chat and asked who was coming over, and AS wasn't the first to reply.

Something fishy going on here.

jmo
BBM
AS texted someone Friday night also ???
Just trying to get a timeline down and who did what, said what between Thursday and Saturday morning when she was found.

Here is what I took this afternoon. I will load two at a time to make sure that they get uploaded correctly.
These first two, first one is blurry, sorry, I stopped the car just in a bit from the feeder road and the street she was found on. Car is facing north, the picture is facing SE towards Katy Freeway, (I-10) across the SE corner lot. From there, I took pictures as I turned a few degrees each time.
Cannot upload, too big for server. I am sure there is a way to make the jpeg smaller. Help, please.

BBM
AS texted someone Friday night also ???
Just trying to get a timeline down and who did what, said what between Thursday and Saturday morning when she was found.

According to this article there was an emoji response Friday night. Not enough detail, it’s the Sun, and no way to know if it was really her using the phone. Or if was even on a phone.

“Her last message was when she responded to a male friend's comments with a laughing emoji later the same evening - but they became worried after not hearing from her on Saturday - behavior they said was unusual as they all text each other "constantly".

Friends of influencer Alexis Sharkey say they have vital information for cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member