GUILTY TX - Andreen McDonald, 29, found deceased, Bexar County, 1 Mar 2019 *husband arrested*

I think I read that Andreen's mother normally lived with them before Andreen went missing. If he makes bond, will he go back there? Will he be living with his daughter? His mother in law? This is scary.
If he makes bail, and I'm sure he will, I hope someone is protecting his daughter. If what we have heard is correct she is a witness to murder. :(

I know everyone is upset about the bail/bond (I am never sure which is which) amount being reduced, but that is just part of the law in Texas. Courts cannot set bail/bond so high that the accused cannot reasonably meet it.

I know everyone is upset about the bail/bond (I am never sure which is which) amount being reduced, but that is just part of the law in Texas. Courts cannot set bail/bond so high that the accused cannot reasonably meet it.
I understand the reality and legal requirements. I also understand how many women and children have lost their life to violence as the result of a perp being released on bail and/or probation. This particular man has been shown to be cunning and vengeful. jmo

I understand how the law has a bearing on what kind of bail/bond is set and the amount of it. With that being said, IMO, it doesn't mean I have to like it or be thrilled about him being set loose.

I clicked on Tillicum's link, and it sickened me even more watching this idiot push his shopping cart around Home Depot with a freaking murder/body disposal kit in his cart. Just pushing it through the store like he's preparing to start remodeling his kitchen and get some new screen doors.

I understand how the law has a bearing on what kind of bail/bond is set and the amount of it. With that being said, IMO, it doesn't mean I have to like it or be thrilled about him being set loose.

I clicked on Tillicum's link, and it sickened me even more watching this idiot push his shopping cart around Home Depot with a freaking murder/body disposal kit in his cart. Just pushing it through the store like he's preparing to start remodeling his kitchen and get some new screen doors.
I understand the law too but I have grave concerns for anyone he comes in contact with if he makes bond.

I understand the law too but I have grave concerns for anyone he comes in contact with if he makes bond.

Clearly he is a danger, and also appears to be very brazen. IMO, he killed the mother of his child in front of the child, then after speaking with the police he immediately went on his shopping spree and began trying to get rid of evidence (they found shovels and other items when they returned to the house to search further - finding the tools and torn up receipts attempting to hide the purchases), drove straight to a gun store and purchased a weapon and a fair amount of ammo. All of those actions point to a brazen and selfish man that shouldn't be free to roam as he is a real danger and threat, MOO.

Last edited:
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/l...or.com&utm_campaign=other&utm_medium=referral

Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar has said a search of the home found the woman’s blood and hair in the couple’s master bedroom, and search warrants established that after his wife went missing, McDonald bought a shovel, ax, trash bags, gloves and gasoline.

Authorities said burn pits also were found in the couple’s backyard in their Timberwood Park neighborhood on the far North Side.

Andre McDonald was being held on $2 million bail on one count of tampering with evidence. Convery argued that amount was excessive, more than the amount necessary to ensure his presence at future legal proceedings.

In some states, not sure about that one, all one needs is a bondsman/agency and it is 10 percent. $300,000 becomes $30,000. Is it that way there?

So there is never a time bail cannot be set so high that the accused cannot meet it, even based on safety of others or flight risk etc.?

If Andreen as it looks was already dead, then who the he** was next with the box of ammo...?

Just questions, whether the law or not, his lowering of bond considering the facts is hard to understand. jmo. That is one huge reduction in bail.

In some states, not sure about that one, all one needs is a bondsman/agency and it is 10 percent. $300,000 becomes $30,000. Is it that way there?

So there is never a time bail cannot be set so high that the accused cannot meet it, even based on safety of others or flight risk etc.?

If Andreen as it looks was already dead, then who the he** was next with the box of ammo...?

Just questions, whether the law or not, his lowering of bond considering the facts is hard to understand. jmo. That is one huge reduction in bail.
JMHO I think he was preparing for an LE standoff. He knew she would be missed immediately, the daughter may have been the intended hostage.

We would need one of our verified attorneys to answer those questions. I only learned about it after moving there and providing services to people who have been involved with the legal system.

We would need one of our verified attorneys to answer those questions. I only learned about it after moving there and providing services to people who have been involved with the legal system.

I am curious as well. I think it is a general rule in maybe average cases where I live, that bail cannot be so unreachable. I think where I am at though other considerations can change that like flight risk, danger to others, previous criminal history, etc. Certainly could be wrong though. I would love to know the answer.

I understand that he is not charged with murder and that likely played in. His ammo and weapon purchase though is worrisome just for one thing...

Just my opinion and speculation... :)

Psychics join the search for missing San Antonio mother

[...]

"I'm an RN, I'm also a Psychic medium." Holbrook said.

Her command of the clairvoyant runs deep through her veins.

"My father Joe Holbrook was a psychic medium here in San Antonio who helped the SAPD and FBI find missing persons and their assailants." Holbrook said.

Search crews have used her talents three times before and come up empty, but this time she says the information is undeniable.

[...]

Missing Jamaican woman's husband gets reduced bail in the US

During the bail hearing, McDonald's attorney, John Convery, argued that the original bail was excessive, given the charges. Prosecutors countered, stating that McDonald is a threat and flight risk, and asked that his original bail amount remain.

However, the judge sided with the defence, and his decision left McDonald smiling in the courtroom, according to US media reports.

In addition to the accused bail amount being reduced, he was ordered to wear a GPS locator and be on full house arrest, but he is allowed to go to work.

He must also have no contact with his daughter, who is residing with relatives.

During the bail hearing, McDonald's attorney, John Convery, argued that the original bail was excessive, given the charges. Prosecutors countered, stating that McDonald is a threat and flight risk, and asked that his original bail amount remain.

However, the judge sided with the defence, and his decision left McDonald smiling in the courtroom, according to US media reports.

In addition to the accused bail amount being reduced, he was ordered to wear a GPS locator and be on full house arrest, but he is allowed to go to work.

I'm not sure reducing his bail was a good idea, but I'm so glad there is a "no contact" order for his daughter.

If he was smiling, I assume he knows he can make bail. I find it disturbing it was lowered so much. I suppose bail will come from some of their joint assets and her hard work and that disturbs me as well and seems inherently wrong.

I can only hope LE will have him under 24/7 surveillance. That poor little girl is at high risk.

I would hope the same. With a GPS/ankle monitor he will know that though. Of course it would not stop him I guess from having someone try to contact her, get to her or he himself calling...

If I have it correctly he can only go from work to home. I am also going to say right here right now, I think this one is a very possible flight risk or go out in a fury type of risk. He was buying a big amount of ammo and a gun before arrested... There was some plan I would speculate... While having an ankle monitor it would not be the first time someone got one off or did something on one and a whole lot of damage can be done before LE can respond...

I just cannot shake the feeling that lowering his bond to where he may reach it is not a good idea. I do know however, they did not have him held on murder charges so the judge may have had to consider that...?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back