GUILTY TX - Andreen McDonald, 29, found deceased, Bexar County, 1 Mar 2019 *husband arrested*

True, however if there's no evidence just speculation, he might get away with it, at least for now.
There’s quite a bit of evidence that’s already been released just in mainstream media thus far, so it’s not like the woman vanished without a trace. Some of it, perhaps most of it, is circumstantial, however if you look at the totality of what’s been released, it’s a rather damning picture IMO. There’s blood and hair in the home and at least one vehicle. There’s evidence of a recent fire in the backyard, as well as evidence he purchased a burn pit, garbage bags, shovel, ax, and coveralls. He then went to great lengths to try and destroy the evidence where he purchased these items. There’s evidence he was on or near Camp Bullis in the wee hours of the morning after her disappearance. There’s evidence he lied about her whereabouts, saying she was at a nearby free-standing ER. There’s witness statements saying she told multiple people that if she ever disappeared, it was because he killed her. These are just the few pieces of information that have been publicly released. I assume they haven’t released ALL of the evidence they’ve collected thus far, but honestly, even if they have, even without an actual body, I think a reasonable person would conclude she is dead and he is most likely responsible. He will need to offer some sort of plausible explanation for all of the above if he wants a court martial to believe he had nothing to do with her disappearance and presumed death.

There’s quite a bit of evidence that’s already been released just in mainstream media thus far, so it’s not like the woman vanished without a trace. Some of it, perhaps most of it, is circumstantial, however if you look at the totality of what’s been released, it’s a rather damning picture IMO. There’s blood and hair in the home and at least one vehicle. There’s evidence of a recent fire in the backyard, as well as evidence he purchased a burn pit, garbage bags, shovel, ax, and coveralls. He then went to great lengths to try and destroy the evidence where he purchased these items. There’s evidence he was on or near Camp Bullis in the wee hours of the morning after her disappearance. There’s evidence he lied about her whereabouts, saying she was at a nearby free-standing ER. There’s witness statements saying she told multiple people that if she ever disappeared, it was because he killed her. These are just the few pieces of information that have been publicly released. I assume they haven’t released ALL of the evidence they’ve collected thus far, but honestly, even if they have, even without an actual body, I think a reasonable person would conclude she is dead and he is most likely responsible. He will need to offer some sort of plausible explanation for all of the above if he wants a court martial to believe he had nothing to do with her disappearance and presumed death.
Not to mention that, sadly, her daughter is said to have said that "daddy hurt mommy". Even if she is autistic they will add that comment to the CE. I just hope that child is well protected, because this guy can't be trusted. jmo

I have some experience in this and in my view there is not much the military could do as far as taking him into custody. When he was first apprehended, it was for a mental health evaluation and possibly the military could have exercised some very temporary authority in this area but the time for that has long since passed. This didn't happen on a military base and wasn't part of his military employment. Unless there is a connection to a military facility, they will not likely do more than assist.

Actually, the more I think about it, there really isn't even a federal statute that would apply in this instance in my view.

UCMJ applies to all active duty soldiers, both on duty and off, on base/post, and off. His behavior is absolutely under their jurisdiction should they choose to prosecute him. It is greatly frowned upon when an active duty solider lands themselves in jail for prolonged periods of time. Your conduct is to be at all times reflective of the US military’s rules and regulations. I imagine there’s a whole host of charges they can and will come up with in the military court system if it comes down to it.

So I guess what I’m wondering is since he “has so many rights” in local custody if the military has better interrogation tactics? I do feel he is highly intelligent and did do certain things to try and throw LE off. I think of Andreen all the time & her poor baby :( I also feel LE has more info but without a body they are keeping it secret to make sure they have a strong case.

Just checking to see if she has been found and what is new. This is a case that seems too quiet to me. I hope they can find her and I sure hope they can keep him behind bars. I check constantly to see if there is news. Have searches stopped?
ITA, @ilovechili ....
This is a quiet case.... it has characteristics of the PF/KB & CW/SW cases which both got national media attention. IMHO, I’m thinking since the husband (which I’ll refer to as am2...yes, small letters for him on purpose since their names are so darn close) is military, there may be reasons the nation media can’t or isn’t making it national news. While I feel they should, I have to respect there may be reasons why they aren’t.

I was on the Kelsey Berreth thread and someone posted a link for this one. Another sad case of a beautiful, strong, successful woman, seemingly meeting her end at the father of her beautiful child. Feeling so sad for these sweet girls losing their mamas at such tender ages. Praying Andreen is found and her husband is charged accordingly.

ITA, @ilovechili ....
This is a quiet case.... it has characteristics of the PF/KB & CW/SW cases which both got national media attention. IMHO, I’m thinking since the husband (which I’ll refer to as am2...yes, small letters for him on purpose since their names are so darn close) is military, there may be reasons the nation media can’t or isn’t making it national news. While I feel they should, I have to respect there may be reasons why they aren’t.

I too wondered about the military aspect and how it may play in. I also thought and/or hoped she would be found by now.

Some cases are just quieter than others as well I guess. If the national media does not give the case any attention, the case and threads even seem to stay quieter unless one just happens upon the case.

I too wondered about the military aspect and how it may play in. I also thought and/or hoped she would be found by now.

Some cases are just quieter than others as well I guess. If the national media does not give the case any attention, the case and threads even seem to stay quieter unless one just happens upon the case.

So true....it just happened to me... I just saw from a friend on my personal FB page that the body of Amber Evans was found in a river (apparently this FB friend knew AE). I wasn’t aware of this case until I just saw my friends FB post, and then I just found the thread here on WS.

These cases make me so sad (they all do). I’m hoping in the AM case that the military has control of it at this point and not that the case is going cold. I have to believe that for the family of AM.

Keep the faith that AM, and all others missing, will eventually be found as Amber Evans just was! AE has been missing since January...

Last edited:
Sadly this case seems to be going cold..... praying for a miracle!

Three weeks later: Search for Andreen McDonald continues with little to go on
From your link. Hopefully they will release more info on him in order to keep his bond from being reduced. The amount of ammunition he bought could be a red flag IMO.

McDonald’s husband, Andre, is still in jail on charges of tampering with evidence in connected to her case. He is still pushing to have his $2 million bond reduced, and investigators say he has not been cooperating.

A bond hearing for Andre McDonald is scheduled for Wednesday morning.

So true....it just happened to me... I just saw from a friend on my personal FB page that the body of Amber Evans was found in a river (apparently this FB friend knew AE). I wasn’t aware of this case until I just saw my friends FB post, and then I just found the thread here on WS.

These cases make me so sad (they all do). I’m hoping in the AM case that the military has control of it at this point and not that the case is going cold. I have to believe that for the family of AM.

Keep the faith that AM, and all others missing, will eventually be found as Amber Evans just was! AE has been missing since January...

I do not think I am familiar either with the Amber Evans case. Another I feel has been very quiet is Serenity from South Dakota, another missing child. It has picked up a little more interest now but media and people aware of the case is less than in many.

I truly hope they find Andreen and can charge him with her murder and keep him in jail. The more time that passes, the more worrisome I think it becomes on whether they will be found and when, if ever.

UCMJ applies to all active duty soldiers, both on duty and off, on base/post, and off. His behavior is absolutely under their jurisdiction should they choose to prosecute him. It is greatly frowned upon when an active duty solider lands themselves in jail for prolonged periods of time. Your conduct is to be at all times reflective of the US military’s rules and regulations. I imagine there’s a whole host of charges they can and will come up with in the military court system if it comes down to it.

Can you name one?
Any charge that would fall under UCMJ and can be substantiated based on what is known.

Can you name one?
Any charge that would fall under UCMJ and can be substantiated based on what is known.

I'm no expert on the UCMJ but just Google "Conduct Unbecoming an Officer." It covers a broad range of things and gives them a lot of leeway for prosecution. Obviously that's not a murder charge but you just asked for one charge:)

I'm no expert on the UCMJ but just Google "Conduct Unbecoming an Officer." It covers a broad range of things and gives them a lot of leeway for prosecution. Obviously that's not a murder charge but you just asked for one charge:)

I readily admit I'm wrong as often as I am correct.
However, I'm relying on personal and 30 years professional experience not GOOGLE.

I thought maybe there was something I had missed in my years of doing this.
I'm sure he would happily take a CUO right now if given the option.

I do not think I am familiar either with the Amber Evans case. Another I feel has been very quiet is Serenity from South Dakota, another missing child. It has picked up a little more interest now but media and people aware of the case is less than in many.

I truly hope they find Andreen and can charge him with her murder and keep him in jail. The more time that passes, the more worrisome I think it becomes on whether they will be found and when, if ever.
I'll check out the case for Serenity.... thanks for the heads up on it.

That lawyer can speak for himself. I don't look at an almost verified murderer being a step closer to reentering society as a "victory" for me or anyone else really.

When one looks at all of the circumstantial evidence, and there is PLENTY, and the fact that he was purchasing a large amount of ammo and a firearm, a reduction in bail resulted?? To the tune of $1,700,000, did I read that correctly?

There is a ton of evidence and if she was already dead and he was disposing of the body and evidence (per the evidence) and THEN he bought a firearm and a ton of ammo? And this man could be out on the streets??? Who and how many was he planning on killing next?

I do understand that they may not have enough to charge murder, but there is plenty to substantiate other charges, further danger to others, etc.

I guess I sometimes just do not understand our system.

Nothing personal, I know none of the players, I just fail to understand our justice system at times...

Everything I read makes him a further danger to others and that is documented as far as I can tell...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back