GUILTY TX - Breonna Loftin, 4, tortured, beaten to death, Kountze, 17 Aug 2011 *arrests*

>:-(

I wish they had been tried and convicted years ago, so she wouldn't have been able to get out of jail.

She is as culpable for Breonna's death as her nasty boyfriend. It's sick for any human being to beat a child and allow said child to be raped and tortured for months. That's bad enough, but she was her mother.

I know first-hand about how parents can be terrible to their children, but I will never understand it. :(

I hate to thank these sorts of updates OkieGranny, but so appreciate your ability and effort to keep those case updates coming on all the angel's threads.

Nothing yet...she got out on bond...how come we can't find out more info on them?

What does she have as collateral that permitted her to bond out? I am distraught over a bond being set at all for a capital murder case. Bio mom is still being charged with capital murder, right?

Something is very not right here....

I am sickened that this woman bonded out. I pray this isn't indication of some plea deal thing happening behind the scenes.

So sad that there don't seem to be any ways to get speedier trials in this nation. 3 1/2 years is ridiculous.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/n...eset-for-Hardin-Co-man-accused-of-4249050.php

Jason Wade Delacerda, who is accused in the 2011 beating death of his girlfriend's 4-year-old daughter, Breonna Nichole Loftin, will go to trial later this year.

The Hardin County capital murder case was reset last week. The Hardin County criminal deputy clerk did not know when the trial would be rescheduled...

Amanda Nichole Guidry, Breonna's mother, is set for trial on a capital murder charge later in the spring.

Our world is sick. If there is life in other galaxies they must look at us with pure disgust.

It's how I look at us sometimes.

Hardin Co. will seek death in girl's 2011 killing
Hardin County District Attorney David Sheffield said he will seek the death penalty in Delacerda's case.

According to previous Enterprise reporting, Loftin had broken ribs, an old fracture on her left leg, bruises and burn marks. Witnesses told police they had seen the girl beaten, thrown around and forced to stand barefoot on water bottle caps the night she was killed.

June is the next scheduled date for his trial.

Wouldn't surprise me if the trial is delayed again then.

JMO

https://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Kountze-man-s-capital-murder-trial-starts-this-12624915.php

Testimony is scheduled to begin Tuesday in the capital murder trial of a Kountze man accused of murdering a 4-year-old more than six years ago.

Jason Wade Delacerda, 40, was indicted in 2011 on a capital murder charge along with his then-girlfriend Amanda Nichole Guidry, 36, in connection with Breonna Nicole Loftin's death.

Guidry will likely be prosecuted later this year, District Attorney David Sheffield said in a previous interview. Prosecutors said they will not seek the death penalty in her case.

https://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Recap-Delacerda-capital-murder-trial-continues-12631660.php

After 4-year-old Breonna Loftin went to live with her mother and boyfriend in the summer of 2011, family members' access to her was limited and they began to worry about her health and injuries, they testified Wednesday.

When Samantha Bailey was able to visit in June, Breonna was "lying on a recliner with a bag of ice on her head, watching cartoons." Her face was bruised and swollen, she said, and Guidry said she had fallen because of a cast on her broken leg.

Samantha Bailey recalled Delacerda telling Breonna to behave. He said, "Don't think you can't be punished just because your aunt's here," she said.

Dr. Tommy Brown, a former medical examiner in Jefferson County, who performed the autopsy on Breonna, testified Wednesday that she had multiple older injuries in addition to the subdural hematoma that killed her.

She was killed by non-accidental blunt force trauma to the head, Brown said. Blood pooled on her skull and her brain swelled, pressing down on her brainstem and ultimately killing her, he said.

Kountze man found guilty of capital murder in toddler's death

https://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Kountze-man-found-guilty-of-capital-murder-in-12642413.php

More than six years after 4-year-old Breonna Nichole Loftin died from blunt force trauma to her head, her mother's boyfriend was found guilty of killing her by a Hardin County jury Friday.

Jason Wade Delacerda, 40, was convicted of capital murder after a jury deliberated for 2 hours and 40 minutes. He will be sentenced next week and faces the death penalty or life in prison.

Prosecutors, who argued throughout the trial that Breonna was "tortured to death," made an emotional appeal to the jury Friday morning.

"Life sometimes takes some cruel unusual turns. One day, you're a happy 4-year-old living with your grandmother and aunt, until you're brought to live with your mother's boyfriend," District Attorney David Sheffield said.

Kountze man sentenced to death for killing girlfriend's toddler

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/article/Kountze-man-sentenced-to-death-for-killing-12711925.php

The jury deliberated for more than three hours before unanimously determining there was no reason Jason Wade Delacerda, 40, should spend his life in prison instead of being executed by lethal injection.

"What mitigates the horror that she lived in? What mitigates the pain she suffered?" District Attorney David Sheffield asked during his closing statements, holding up a picture of Breonna Nichole Loftin, who prosecutors said was abused for weeks before she died.

He asked the jury to think about how they would explain to Breonna their decision not to sentence him to death. "This is a wrong that we cannot turn right for her," he said. "However, we can prevent one last death. We can prevent the death of justice for her."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back