TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I grew up in the country where it's a common occurrence to walk barefoot in one’s own yard.
Okay, just wondering as its foggy and what 3am ..and if he wasn't picking up his order as it was contact less..why go out barefoot, which kinda means he wasn't going out for a while.

That's nice you go out barefoot

Wow, where I live *any* vacant apartment is quickly rented out, with multiple people applying for it, unless for some reason the owner doesn't want it rented out. What is going on with housing in that area?
Could it be that some of those vacancies are due to kids graduating in Dec and upcoming graduation in may?
I could see it fill up by July, with new influx of freshman.

I understand where you are coming from. However for me it makes no sense that he planned to self harm. He did not drive to somewhere further away, or bring or his gun or hunting knife, or some means which he had readily available to harm himself. In the horrific event he had planned to do so, he would have brought a weapon with him.MOO

. . .“We know he’s out there, and looking forward to seeing him again. And he needs to know if he happens to see this that we love him he is not in trouble. The police are not after him. And no matter what happens we love him. And we want him to be here to go fishing, we want him home” . .

Maybe I’m reading it wrong, as English isn’t my primary language, but this tells me that this isn’t a random vanishing.
If your child goes missing, and you have a chance to send a message, why choose those words?… unless, there’s a possibility the child is afraid of the consequences stemming from a particular action.

What are your thoughts?

It sounds to me like maybe the room mates have confessed to something that may be illegal, like buying or selling drugs, or doing drugs or generally doing something he swore to his parents he wouldn't do - especially if his allowance was based on toeing the line. Maybe he bought a gun his parents didn't want him to have. And something happened with the gun. It could be anything. But, for me, it sounds like his disappearance could be voluntary. However, a month has gone by, so if he was alive you'd think he'd call his parents or go back home and that hasn't happened.

I hope the roommates have volunteered everything they know about that night not just CYA mode.

Could it be that some of those vacancies are due to kids graduating in Dec and upcoming graduation in may?
I could see it fill up by July, with new influx of freshman.
I live in a college town and there are typically vacant apartments available here. The population is so transient between graduation, dropping out, moving in with new roommates etc. The nicer, newer places with all the amenities may be harder to come by, but there is almost always an apartment available somewhere to rent.

APR 1, 2024
Senior Office Jennifer Collier with CCPD Public Information Office said there’s a lot of information that cannot be publicly released...

According to police, they have ruled out Caleb's friends, roommates, family, and Uber driver as potential suspects.

How and why are they involved?

I wonder if he issued some threat against a government official.

Wow, where I live *any* vacant apartment is quickly rented out, with multiple people applying for it, unless for some reason the owner doesn't want it rented out. What is going on with housing in that area?

If most of the renters are students it could be really noisy, a party environment all the time. That could get stale really quickly. Plus if they do rent to students the turnover rate must be pretty high depending on what year the renter is in in school. The credit rating is really low. Which also means there's probably a lot of evictions for non payment of rent. Not exactly a stable environment for the owners or for the current tenants.

I haven't read through this thread and don't know a lot about the case, but I did listen to the Nancy Grace podcast episode with Caleb's Dad. I could've sworn it was mentioned that the Organized Crime Unit is involved.

Could Caleb have met with foul play during what he thought would be a quick transaction or meeting? Maybe he thought he was hopping in and out of a car for a brief exchange, but was driven somewhere instead. Robbery, revenge, paranoia, etc. could be motives.

I don't mean to offend anyone or imply that Caleb was involved with that sort of thing, but does anyone know why Organized Crime is investigating? Were there security cameras surrounding the area?

Organized crime can run the gamut from drug trafficking, human trafficking, gun running to cyber crimes.

What

Interesting…what leads you to that thought?
Just thinking about the circumstances that would get the US Marshall's office involved. I don't see him involved in human trafficking or drug trafficking on a large scale. He may have bought a weapon for someone who's underage or is not entitled to own one. But that would be a one off, not wholesale gun sales. Cyber crime could be a threat online that LE take pretty seriously even if it was just meant in jest or the heat of the moment. Like everyone else, I'm just spitballing.

For some reason I thought it was exclusively student housing? Am I way off base there? Definitely agree 30 vacancies seems like a lot. I hope they did search all those vacant apartments— great thinking.

Editing to add— it does look like anyone can live there— wow. So not quite the secure enclave I envisioned…

FAQs:

What are your application requirements?​

Anyone is able to apply
totally marketed to students, however if you check the "amenities" page:

Apartments Near TAMUCC​

The Cottages at Corpus Christi offers an impressive suite of amenities & features to allow you to focus when you need to hit the books and relax when it's time for a with well-deserved break. Start your day with a cup of coffee from our complimentary coffee bar before heading to catch the shuttle to TAMUCC. After a long day, sweat out the day's stress in our fitness studio with state-of-the-art equipment, or unwind at the resort-infused pool with a tanning deck.

Community Amenities​

• Fitness Studio
  • Beach Entry Pool with Tanning Deck

• Movie Theater
  • 24-HR Maintenance
  • Pet Friendly Community
  • Gated Community
  • Cozy Fire Pit with Lounge Seating
  • Outdoor Grilling Station
  • Bark Park
  • Full-Court Volleyball
  • Private Study Lounge

Apartment Amenities​

Say goodbye to the dorm life and indulge in our unfurnished or fully furnished 2-,3-,4- or 5-bedroom, cottage-style homes. You'll have everything you need to enjoy your off-campus lifestyle. From fully equipped kitchens to private bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, this open-concept living, and kitchen floor plan is perfect for you and your best friends!

• Private Bedrooms & Bathrooms
  • Fully-Equipped Kitchens

• Oversized Walk-in Closets
  • Furnished Options Available
  • Spacious Bedrooms
  • Washer and Dryer Included

Just thinking about the circumstances that would get the US Marshall's office involved. I don't see him involved in human trafficking or drug trafficking on a large scale. He may have bought a weapon for someone who's underage or is not entitled to own one. But that would be a one off, not wholesale gun sales. Cyber crime could be a threat online that LE take pretty seriously even if it was just meant in jest or the heat of the moment. Like everyone else, I'm just spitballing.
Gotcha. That's interesting. I was thinking the US Marshalls may be involved because corpus Christi is so close to the border. Just me guessing too!

Thank you for providing your explanation.

Someone mentioned that he was raised in a wholesome family and somewhat sheltered.
Is it possible this could have been an intimate encounter and exchange of service for money?
And that is why his family is saying “you’re not in trouble, no matter what situation you’re in”.
It always struck me odd that he was ordering 2 lunchables and a Red Bull for next day’s lunch via UE. He had class the next day, why not pick it up on your way there or back.
Service/delivery fees plus tip for UE or similar service can be high. And if you’re a college kid, every $ counts. I understand ordering mid night if you get the munchies, but for next day?
So this leads me to believe he had extra disposable income to be able to spend extra 5-10$ in fees for three convenience store items that cost 10-15$.

Thank you for providing your explanation.

Someone mentioned that he was raised in a wholesome family and somewhat sheltered.
Is it possible this could have been an intimate encounter and exchange of service for money?
And that is why his family is saying “you’re not in trouble, no matter what situation you’re in”.
It always struck me odd that he was ordering 2 lunchables and a Red Bull for next day’s lunch via UE. He had class the next day, why not pick it up on your way there or back.
Service/delivery fees plus tip for UE or similar service can be high. And if you’re a college kid, every $ counts. I understand ordering mid night if you get the munchies, but for next day?
So this leads me to believe he had extra disposable income to be able to spend extra 5-10$ in fees for three convenience store items that cost 10-15$.

I'm amazed at how much younger people spend on things like UberEats and Uber pickups. They order from restaurants like Mcdonalds and have an Uber deliver it. And girls as young as 12 or 13 spend tons of money online ordering skincare products from places like Sephora because they watch all these TT videos.

Marshals likely involved due to the possibility of abduction/kidnapping. Potential for federal offenses, in come the posse (Marshals).

ALSO, their jurisdiction is to "fugitive investigations"...hmmm that one maybe hit the nail on the head?

That would go more along with the family's comment about possible trouble!

Did he escape from LE consequences by staging his own abduction? Not victim blaming, just pointing out possible scenario. That could explain 30 days with no CH.

Last edited:
Marshals likely involved due to the possibility of abduction/kidnapping. Potential for federal offenses, in come the posse (Marshals).

I agree, the longer this goes on without finding him, the more and more it is looking like a potential abduction.

I don’t think there is any chance that Caleb purposely disappeared.
It was a tragic accident or an abduction
All IMHO

. . .“We know he’s out there, and looking forward to seeing him again. And he needs to know if he happens to see this that we love him he is not in trouble. The police are not after him. And no matter what happens we love him. And we want him to be here to go fishing, we want him home” . .

Maybe I’m reading it wrong, as English isn’t my primary language, but this tells me that this isn’t a random vanishing.
If your child goes missing, and you have a chance to send a message, why choose those words?… unless, there’s a possibility the child is afraid of the consequences stemming from a particular action.

What are your thoughts?

Yes, that's how I read it as well.

Something happened that he thinks he's in bad trouble for. If you haven't been involved with the judicial system before, being suddenly faced with the possibility of arrest for something you didn't do can be panic-inducing. You don't know what comes next, you see your entire career and future going down in flames, oh the shame, and he would not be the first person to run under those circumstances.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members