Found Deceased TX - Carey Parker, 23, Quinlan, 17 Mar 1991 *found in 2021*

Stan,

My sister used my father's address as her permanent mailing address. Before she went missing she and I went to Terrell to have our DL's renewed together. I am guessing that was somewhere before Feb. 21, 1991, because that's my birthday and my DL had to be renewed prior to that date. Since she used my fathers address her car registration was also mailed to his address as well. These were items that came to my father's house as they became due because she used his address.

OK - Thanks for clearing that up for me - I misunderstood.:blushing:

Today I was contacted by the Texas Department of Public Safety following up on whether our DNA ever arrived to the lab. The news was very disturbing considering it has been a month since the Hunt County detective told me the DNA would be sent to the lab the next day which was Feb. 15, 2013. The person at the DPS said it still has not arrived. I will be going to my local police department on Monday to give my DNA. I have recommended my younger sister do the same.

Oh no. I am so sorry to hear about the problems you have ran into with law enforcement. Saying a prayer for you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I apologize I have not kept up with the comments. And please know that I do not get offended at suggestions of what may have happened to Carey. I welcome additional thoughts, because as her sister, knowing what I have heard from others on what happened to her, I find myself getting tunnel vision at times. I have been very overwhelmed with trying to follow up with the Hunt County Sheriff's Dept., on when they plan on talking to people I have submitted. In addition, my younger sister and I submitted our DNA in November and as of Jan. 28 they had not arrived to the lab. It took Hunt County until Feb. 14 to discover the DNA has been sitting in the "evidence room" all this time. I am still waiting to see if it was ever submitted. Hunt County has been very unprofessional in this whole ordeal and I am left to wonder if it has anything to do with a couple people on that list. Two were involved with Hunt County law enforcement at the time. They have now waited around and one of them passed away this week. Also, several people have said (one person even drew a map) that Carey is buried on property that use to belong to her ex boyfriend's kinfolks. At the time it was a septic company. I also discovered a portion of the property was sold to a lady who worked for the Hunt County Sheriff's dept at the time shortly after carey disappeared in 1991 and it was the Hunt County Sheriff's impound yard. That person still owns the property, and was alerted by someone that Carey may be buried there. The property has now been dug up in one very large area. You can see it at 909 W. Main st. Quinlan, Texas on www.spokeo.com.

I also want to clarify that Carey's belongings were never returned to the family. To this day I have no idea what happened to them. I have tried to friend some of her "friends" on Facebook, but they have declined my requests and even have reported the requests in which I am now on my third blocking from friending and messaging outside my friends.

Also, there is a very big lake in the area. It is Lake Tawakoni.

Patricia, can you think of any reason that her Friends wont "friend " you? I'm guessing they might not want to be involved ? some friends huh? the ex you mentioned , wonder if he has any recent break-ups? that's always a great way to get info, do you know if they at least plan on questioning anyone? did they assign a detective to the case?

Patricia, can you think of any reason that her Friends wont "friend " you? I'm guessing they might not want to be involved ? some friends huh? the ex you mentioned , wonder if he has any recent break-ups? that's always a great way to get info, do you know if they at least plan on questioning anyone? did they assign a detective to the case?

Well, I am thinking they don't want to be involved either because they know something or they are still living the lifesyle they were back then and don't want the police keeping an eye on them. And as a matter of fact the ex boyfriend married a lady named Gayla Sessions Songer in 2003. She filed for a divorce in October of last year and it was finalized in January. I tried unsuccessfully to call her, but the number I had is no longer in service. There was a detective assigned to the case in 2010. After I complained to the Sheriff in January of nothing being accomplished and the detective's continuance of ignoring my calls and e-mails, another detective was assigned. This detective is not much better than the first.

Patricia,
You said that Carey was living with friends in Quinlan and working in Terrell. Did she have to cross over Lake Tawakoni on her way to work and back? Wondering if law enforcement checked the lake for her? Have you driven the route yourself to see if there were any areas where her car could have gone into the water? I know Quinlan is a high drug area of Hunt County. Do you expect fowl play due to the company she kept?

Well, I am thinking they don't want to be involved either because they know something or they are still living the lifesyle they were back then and don't want the police keeping an eye on them. And as a matter of fact the ex boyfriend married a lady named Gayla Sessions Songer in 2003. She filed for a divorce in October of last year and it was finalized in January. I tried unsuccessfully to call her, but the number I had is no longer in service. There was a detective assigned to the case in 2010. After I complained to the Sheriff in January of nothing being accomplished and the detective's continuance of ignoring my calls and e-mails, another detective was assigned. This detective is not much better than the first.

Was Gayla living there still or had they moved off, Ill be back , I'm feeling a little nosey maybe I can find something I will PM you if so!

Patricia,
You said that Carey was living with friends in Quinlan and working in Terrell. Did she have to cross over Lake Tawakoni on her way to work and back? Wondering if law enforcement checked the lake for her? Have you driven the route yourself to see if there were any areas where her car could have gone into the water? I know Quinlan is a high drug area of Hunt County. Do you expect fowl play due to the company she kept?

There are actually a couple routes Carey could have taken to work for which I have traveled many times since. The one route that would have been closest to her last documented address yes, you would have had to travel across over the lake. She would have had to take 751 toward Wills Point then a right off 429 to Terrell. Not only is the lake in the path, but there are several rock pits with spring water in them off 429. Considering the years, the people Carey was involved with and her just not showing up for her son's birthday, her job, yes, I suspect fowl play.

Have you thought of contacting texasequusearch.org for advice or possible help searching the waterways? I know they have a boat with sonar and they have had success in the past finding people with it. Feel free to contact me through pm if there is anything I can help with. I live fairly local...within 20 or 25 miles from the area.

That is the route I figured she took. The Rock pits especially the first one closest to the road looks like a definite possibility. Do you know if it has ever been searched? What does law enforcement say? Do they have a cold case division?

Was Gayla living there still or had they moved off, Ill be back , I'm feeling a little nosey maybe I can find something I will PM you if so!

I don't know where he met Gayla, but it looks like in January she was still living in Oklahoma. The Divorce was in Oklahoma too.

Have you thought of contacting texasequusearch.org for advice or possible help searching the waterways? I know they have a boat with sonar and they have had success in the past finding people with it. Feel free to contact me through pm if there is anything I can help with. I live fairly local...within 20 or 25 miles from the area.

I am going to go through the process of trying to get Texasequusearch to assist, however, they look at the case and decide if they want to take it or not. I don't know what that criteria is and they also need approval from Hunt County Sheriff's Office which to this point have pretty much been "too busy" and in my opinion disinterested.

Keep in touch with the Texas Department of Public Safety. IIRC, your Highway Patrol is part of DPS?

Perhaps you need the cooperation of a different law enforcement agency.

Laughing

I am going to go through the process of trying to get Texasequusearch to assist, however, they look at the case and decide if they want to take it or not. I don't know what that criteria is and they also need approval from Hunt County Sheriff's Office which to this point have pretty much been "too busy" and in my opinion disinterested.

UGH!!!!! that is so freakin annoying, if someone is missing INVESTAGATE!!! until there is no where to go with it , right now there is a lot that can be done on this case, its not like Quinlan has a big crime wave for gosh sakes, IMO Hunt county needs to get off their butt on this one, what are they just gonna say NO we wont look for her???????? :banghead:

Keep in touch with the Texas Department of Public Safety. IIRC, your Highway Patrol is part of DPS?

Perhaps you need the cooperation of a different law enforcement agency.

Laughing

Your right laughing! Our Highway Patrol is part of the Texas DPS. And to be honest, they are the only ones who have helped us. I was finally able to bi pass Hunt County and have my DNA taken and submitted with the help of the DPS. I have addressed the issue of mine and my younger sister's DNA not getting submitted to the lab by Hunt County when we gave it in November of last year to the Sheriff. In addition, I suggested I wanted to get eqquisearch involved, but needed his cooperation with it. I left my phone number. He is now ignoring my e-mails. I don't see Hunt County ever solving what happened to Carey. In my opinion (based on what I have experienced and seen) they are not capable or committed to doing a thorough investigation. When we gave our DNA, there was no asking for our ID, no paperwork filled out and no evidence tape put on the samples!

UGH!!!!! that is so freakin annoying, if someone is missing INVESTAGATE!!! until there is no where to go with it , right now there is a lot that can be done on this case, its not like Quinlan has a big crime wave for gosh sakes, IMO Hunt county needs to get off their butt on this one, what are they just gonna say NO we wont look for her???????? :banghead:

I agree with you. As Carey's sister the lack of investigating has only added insult to injury. :(

I agree with you. As Carey's sister the lack of investigating has only added insult to injury. :(

If you need any foot work I am close, you deserve answers, your sister was such a pretty girl with a full life ahead of her she deserves answers! and if someone was involved they have no business running around loose to do it again, you know once you get away with a crime you get comfortable to do it again!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

This is the second thread today where a sister has been missing for years and police completely dropped the ball on investigating it!! Ugh!! Makes me furious and I can promise you that if my department had a similar situation, there isn't a chance in heck I would allow them to conduct themselves in that manner!!! Patricia, hoping you get some resolution soon on what happened to your sister!

My thinking is she may have accidently wound up in Lake Tawakoni, there are quite a few places you could drive off the road and into the water, especially after dark. Or perhaps she and her car were put in the lake on purpose? I lived near the Tawakoni/Waco Bay area back in the mid-80's; we wanted to raise our children in a safe country environment. What a joke, it was crawling with drug dealers and low lifes. It was so bad, we took a loss on our property and moved back to Dallas. We were out that way a few years ago and it was worse than ever.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back