GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching up !, Thanks again to everyone posting the tweets and for the legal explanations ...I just wish they would hurry up and nail him ..but I know it's a process to get there !

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 2m2 minutes ago
Judge: If Blue Star faint because not blood, then it's cleaning agent but defense argued no evidence of cleaner used #arochitrial
ok then...so its BLOOD.... insert foot

Do we know if any deals were offered?

Not that I'm aware of. It just seems that it would be advantageous for all parties to negotiate a deal for lesser charges that involved a confession and the recovery of her remains IF and only if she merely OD'd and he panicked. I suspect that isn't what happened that evening, though. JMO

I should have been more clear - I meant negotiation a deal instead of going to trial on the AK charge. My point was there is no reason for him to continue to deny if there is a relatively "Innocent" explanation for her DNA in his trunk.

If you are saying shouldn't they have claimed "it was an accident" and negotiated a deal a long time ago, to get the best deal, then yes I certainly agree. But that's only if it was really an accident and he told the whole truth, because he would have needed not only a willingness to bargain but also something solid to back up his story.

Since about a week after she went missing, imo there has been no point at which the state would have simply believed his word for it that she died with him but that he didn't mean to. They had too much that said otherwise. And they can't legally bargain an abduction-murder down to an accident if their evidence says he's lying and it was much more than that.

But that was then, and that ship has already sailed.

Right now, I doubt he can gain much in relation to the AK by fessing up and telling what happened to CM, because he's already toast on this crime. But I think he can keep from having a murder charge and the possibility of a DP hanging over his head for the rest of his life, and that might matter to him quite a bit. And until the jury slaps a guilty verdict on him with a sentence of life to 99 years, the tiny bit of uncertainty there does give the state a small bit of motivation. But afterward, assuming he gets locked up for a lifetime or two, not so much.

I know we can't reasonably compare this case to CA and I didn't follow that trial but I know she was acquitted. We're her initial comments different than what came out at trial? I'm honestly underwhelmed with the state's case and I do believe there should be enough for a conviction I'm not having high hopes. The one good thing for the state is it's Texas. Moo

If you are saying shouldn't they have claimed "it was an accident" and negotiated a deal a long time ago, to get the best deal, then yes I certainly agree. But that's only if it was really an accident and he told the whole truth, because he would have needed not only a willingness to bargain but also something solid to back up his story.

Since about a week after she went missing, imo there has been no point at which the state would have simply believed his word for it that she died with him but that he didn't mean to. They had too much that said otherwise. And they can't legally bargain an abduction-murder down to an accident if their evidence says he's lying and it was much more than that.

But that was then, and that ship has already sailed.

Right now, I doubt he can gain much in relation to the AK by fessing up and telling what happened to CM, because he's already toast on this crime. But I think he can keep from having a murder charge and the possibility of a DP hanging over his head for the rest of his life, and that might matter to him quite a bit. And until the jury slaps a guilty verdict on him with a sentence of life to 99 years, the tiny bit of uncertainty there does give the state a small bit of motivation. But afterward, assuming he gets locked up for a lifetime or two, not so much.

I have a really hard time seeing him get the max even if found guilty. IMO

Same with successful prosecutors. ;-)

Very few "nice guys" in the field of criminal law. You pretty much have to be hard-nosed on both sides. These are good not nice guys in this trial. :)

I like the prosecutor. He's more energetic and explains things like a normal person.

Does anyone know if defense witnesses have been sworn in and if so, was CA one of them?

Yeah, but my nagging intuition says lying is not the same charge as kidnapping. I know I'm being annoying. I apologize. I'm truly worried Bc we NEED EA to tell us the truth. We need to know what happened to her in order to find her.

I'm hoping for a miracle and it's just never going to happen. In my heart, I know she was in that trunk. I just don't think I know what happened from there. And that's with 2 years of thought.

Please don't let him walk without telling the truth. Please please please.

girl he isn't going to talk.
Ive said this before but, my friend was murdered and the only way we found out where she was, was bc the police said if he told them where she was, he wouldn't get the death penalty. They had video of them together, witness' saying they headed up to the mountains but no body...
anyway, if it isn't going to benefit him, he isn't going to talk.

Question: if det couldn't even get his head under the car how did arochi get it so clean? Had to have been done by his carwash place

Like "not important" (you're important!! lol) said, jacked it up. I mean how many car washes have you been to that say "We do undercarriages!"

It's just so baffling to me that a person as stupid as he is to lie so many times to so many people, wouldn't have slipped up even more to the point of there being no doubt at all. How did he disappear her so well???? She's vanished without a trace. Not even a single belonging of hers was left behind. Nothing of hers found at his house. Was he that crafty? Is it just because he had four days and maybe he went back and covered his tracks?? He screwed up so many times when asked what happened I am just baffled as to how he was capable of not slipping up even more so that she would be found.

Guess his olive jar worked...

No I think he took her and her stuff somewhere all together and burned it or something like that.

I do not know how long EA or his family have been here. But the immigration thing may be something too that keeping him hushed up. Or apart of it. JMHO

He has a visa..not sure what his parents have. He's not illegal- it means that if he screws up he can be deported but he's here legally.

That is so annoying! I would have to say to Gore, I need you to write down your question so that I can decipher exactly what you are asking and answer you truthfully and appropriately.🙃

The tweets makes it hard to really see but his Ex Rand, she totally was talking about him I think when she said that "its hard being asked the same questions over and over" and "PPD made the questions clear and easy"

Like "not important" (you're important!! lol) said, jacked it up. I mean how many car washes have you been to that say "We do undercarriages!"

Most auto car washes (brushless) have undercarriage wash but it's probably not THAT thorough. IMO

I tried following along today and the testimony confused me. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day. Who is in the witness chair tomorrow? Who is left to testify? I know her mother and step mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member