Found Alive TX - Courtney Roland, 29, Houston, 6 Jan 2018

[FONT=&quot]
Houston Police‏Verified account @houstonpoliceFollowFollow
@houstonpolice​

More

[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Houston Police Retweeted Houston Police[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Latest: After seeing Ms. Roland's case in the news this morning, a passerby called us about 8:15am, stating Ms. Roland was under an overpass at the 610 West Loop at Richmond. Our officers arrived, confirmed it was her and arranged she be checked at an area hospital. #HouNews
[/FONT]

[emoji102]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[FONT=&amp]
@houstonpolice​

More

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Houston Police Retweeted Houston Police[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Latest: After seeing Ms. Roland's case in the news this morning, a passerby called us about 8:15am, stating Ms. Roland was under an overpass at the 610 West Loop at Richmond. Our officers arrived, confirmed it was her and arranged she be checked at an area hospital. #HouNews
[/FONT]

Oh Courtney :( I'm glad she is safe but sorry for whatever happened that led to all of this.

[FONT=&quot]
@houstonpolice​

More

[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Houston Police Retweeted Houston Police[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Latest: After seeing Ms. Roland's case in the news this morning, a passerby called us about 8:15am, stating Ms. Roland was under an overpass at the 610 West Loop at Richmond. Our officers arrived, confirmed it was her and arranged she be checked at an area hospital. #HouNews
[/FONT]
I was driving near the galleria on 610 at this time and saw some HPD fly by with lights going on the 610 service road and wondered if it was related. Glad she's found.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I was driving near the galleria on 610 at this time and saw some HPD fly by with lights going on the 610 service road and wondered if it was related. Glad she's found.

Is where she was found near where her jeep was parked?

Is where she was found near where her jeep was parked?
Yes, about 0.7 miles according to Google. It would be the next major intersection to the South of the Galleria. A straight walk down Post Oak from where it was parked and the mall area in general.

Wow. So glad she was found. All signs point to a mental break.

As soon as I read about this case, I was reminded of a family I knew many years ago. One son and one daughter. Well to do family, highly educated. I dated the son. The daughter was a college graduate. She began to complain to her mother that she was being followed, etc. Stayed in her room a lot and just began to be paranoid.

She disappeared later, and when they found her, she was in her vehicle and had shot herself with a rifle, I believe. Her Mom never believed she killed herself and hired a private detective and refused to ever believe she killed herself. Her brother (my friend) and everyone else, including the police, believe it was suicide.

I am so glad this young woman was found before anything bad happened to her. I pray she receives the help she needs.

As soon as I read about this case, I was reminded of a family I knew many years ago. One son and one daughter. Well to do family, highly educated. I dated the son. The daughter was a college graduate. She began to complain to her mother that she was being followed, etc. Stayed in her room a lot and just began to be paranoid.

She disappeared later, and when they found her, she was in her vehicle and had shot herself with a rifle, I believe. Her Mom never believed she killed herself and hired a private detective and refused to ever believe she killed herself. Her brother (my friend) and everyone else, including the police, believe it was suicide.

I am so glad this young woman was found before anything bad happened to her. I pray she receives the help she needs.

Hmmm I do wonder if she is having a psychotic break and has a delusion/hallucination of being followed. Sad enough but so publicly would be even worse for her

Hmmm I do wonder if she is having a psychotic break and has a delusion/hallucination of being followed. Sad enough but so publicly would be even worse for her

Well, hopefully they can go back to the Walgreens security video and check to verify whether someone was actually following her or not.

Well, hopefully they can go back to the Walgreens security video and check to verify whether someone was actually following her or not.

Except there may very well be a truck but she is just delusional

[FONT=&amp]
@houstonpolice​

More

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Houston Police Retweeted Houston Police[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Latest: After seeing Ms. Roland's case in the news this morning, a passerby called us about 8:15am, stating Ms. Roland was under an overpass at the 610 West Loop at Richmond. Our officers arrived, confirmed it was her and arranged she be checked at an area hospital. #HouNews
[/FONT]

Wow. So happy she is safe! I'm not going to speculate on what happened but just want to say there are other possible explanations for being found under an overpass than mental health breakdown. Since they are planning a 1 PM news brief there is likely much more to this story we don't know.

Wow. So happy she is safe! I'm not going to speculate on what happened but just want to say there are other possible explanations for being found under an overpass than mental health breakdown. Since they are planning a 1 PM news brief there is likely much more to this story we don't know.

There's some interesting tweets under the recent Houston Police tweet.

As long as she recovers well, they'll spin it. Her employer will have experts in that department. They'll probably say she drove to the mall and believed someone was following her, so she left the area on foot to avoid the follower, but became disoriented due to (dehydration, cold, unfamiliarity with the area, whatever) and ended up sheltering under the overpass for warmth until morning.

As long as she recovers well, they'll spin it. Her employer will have experts in that department. They'll probably say she drove to the mall and believed someone was following her, so she left the area on foot to avoid the follower, but became disoriented due to (dehydration, cold, unfamiliarity with the area, whatever) and ended up sheltering under the overpass for warmth until morning.

Editing to add: which is fine for them to do. It protects her privacy and it sounds like that's what she needs most!

I don't know if it's been said, but she was found under an overpass.

I wonder about her trip to Walgreens and whether she wasn't feeling well and perhaps hoping to either get medicine or self-medicate. I hope this isn't a case where she was on medication and was forced to change due to insurance requirements (I've been hearing this lately with regards to insurance companies switching bipolar medications to something less expensive that may not be as efficacious for some people. I'm NOT implying she's bipolar; it's just the situation with which I'm familiar.). It might also explain why she took Uber on Saturday morning for her reporting gig (she wasn't feeling well enough to drive).

I'm glad that she's (apparently) physically unharmed, and I hope her family is able to protect her privacy if this is a mental health issue. She's already working in a reporting field where women are not well-represented (football and outdoor sports, including hunting). Something like this can affect the perception of her as a reporter and negatively impact her career. My heart goes out to her and I hope she's recovering well.

in what condition was she found?

I don't see anywhere any details other than she was found under an overpass.

Before I judge her as having a mental issue, I'd like to hear more information, such as was she sexually assaulted or raped? Did someone drug her? Could she have tried to find a safe place to hide after an assault?

Believe me, they are NOT going to tell reporters her true condition for privacy reasons.

I am glad she is safe and being treated at the hospital. I truly hope that nothing traumatic happened to her.

Reminds me of that thread 'the strange stalking and death of....can't remember her name' but her mom still believes she was murdered. But looks like an accidental or intentional overdose, I believe is what was said.

in what condition was she found?

I don't see anywhere any details other than she was found under an overpass.

Before I judge her as having a mental issue, I'd like to hear more information, such as was she sexually assaulted or raped? Did someone drug her? Could she have tried to find a safe place to hide after an assault?

Believe me, they are NOT going to tell reporters her true condition for privacy reasons.

I am glad she is safe and being treated at the hospital. I truly hope that nothing traumatic happened to her.

The Houston PD stated this on Twitter four hours ago:

UPDATE: Our officers have found Ms. Roland in the Galleria area. She appears unharmed. She'll be taken to an area hospital for an evaluation. We are not providing the location where she was found or hospital at this time. More info to follow. #HouNews

Of course, she could have suffered from trauma that's not immediately apparent without a medical exam. As you note, she could have been drugged, for instance.

Houston PD also said there would be a news briefing by missing persons investigators at 1:00 pm CT. I'm not sure if it will be streamed.

She might have picked up a prescription at Walgreens that made her lose it. Anti-depressants can do this along with a myriad of other medicines. JMO

Reminds me of that thread 'the strange stalking and death of....can't remember her name' but her mom still believes she was murdered. But looks like an accidental or intentional overdose, I believe is what was said.

Poor Morgan Ingram...

OT: Yep. I did it. I said her name. You've been warned if you go and find her threads now. You're on your own.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back