TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extended interview with Liz's parents....about an hour long. Not sure if posted yet.

Recap of video interview with Liz's parents Bob and Rosemary Nuelle:

“Liz talked to everybody about the trip. She didn’t post anything on Facebook or any social media though. She was excited for the trip.”

Planned to leave on Sunday, January 27th.

Grace: When did she decide to have the garage sale?

Rosemary: She talked about it probably for a good month where she was starting to get things together… and am not exactly sure but we probably heard about it the week before she was like okay I’m going to be having it.

The garage sales were not unusual we would have them on Friday and Saturday, nothing new. We were going to go on Friday. She asked if we had anything and we really didn’t and I've (Rosemary) in the past gone to the garage sales but come late, not a morning person. I usually get her coffee and come around 10:00 am.
The night before Bob was unemployed at the time and we talked with her to explain that Bob needed that time to look for a job.

Bob: On day of garage sale, Liz set the alarm in the house, leave the door from the garage into the house unlocked. I can only say this was in case she needed a quick retreat, but she knew she could get to the door, pop it open and the alarm would instantly have that safety.

Rosemary: This was possibly third garage sale at Cedar Walk home.

Bob: They were burglarized in their apartment prior to buying their home, traumatic experience and Liz felt safe in new (2016 purchased) home.

Bob & Rosemary: Liz and S meet in 2009, met at Sam Houston.

Grace: Lets clear up about the garage sale. Rosemary: Yes, she wanted to earn some extra money for souvenirs and stuff and it pains me to know end because the garage sale if she had sold everything at that garage sale she might have made a $100. Liz would have sold it really cheap if someone got really excited about an item. Bob: or give it to her. Rosemary: They already paid for the trip/flight. Money saved for souvenirs. They didn’t need the money. Liz thought there might be something needed. Didn’t need to have garage sale.

Rosemary: The truck leaves Goddard school seconds before S left the house. It’s very possible and we don’t know this for a fact S when he left the subdivision he was directly behind the truck but didn’t see didn’t think anything of it. But it’s that close of a time period when they’re actually leaving the subdivision.

Bob: They were waiting to see him leave and got nervous for whatever reason or they decided that he was leaving soon and they were going to get in position. We don’t know but it’s literally S out of the neighborhood probably less than a minute and killer pulls up.

Shooter gets on driveway very quickly but cuts across the grass.

Bob: Audio: from the audio we can tell doorbell camera was picking up
Grace: a lot of people have tried to analyze. What can you make out?
Bob: I can make out her say good morning. I’ve listened to and looked at some of the interpretations. One of the interpretations essentially describes the kind of conversation you would have with someone if you were going to a garage sale. The words that they attribute to Liz are things that she would have said.
Things like yep or sure, we’re sure people. Liz would say sure all the time.

Parents think shooter knew of cameras. Don’t know why shooter (58 seconds) drove back by murder.

They exited the neighborhood and according to everything we’ve heard the truck was lost in an area where there was no commercial camera feeds at all. That’s the last we’ve seen of it. Speculation by some people that have spent some time truck went down a dead end cul-de-sac. That had a driveway style curb in cul-de-sac and drove up onto a Greenbelt and exited onto Kuykendahl far down the road from where police were coming in at main entrance to Princeton Pl.
Rosemary: It makes sense to them. Didn’t know how truck left neighborhood previously. This gives an answer possibly.

Rosemary: Liz was shot four times (confirmed with detective) despite what report states or puff of smoke or dust shown on doorbell camera. Bullet hit/ricochets and hits the top of the house.

The alarm company called parents that morning. Parents tried calling Liz no answer. House was not entered for 20 minutes. On the way to Liz’s house S called the parents and said that he could see police tape but didn’t know if it was in front of his house or from his doorbell or the neighbors and that he tried to call Liz and she didn’t answer.

They stayed there until S got there. Rosemary: When I heard that she was life flighted I kind of resigned myself that she was gone. They told us she had been shot. We didn’t want to leave S by himself. He wasn’t there yet. Liz would want them to stay with him. Parents tried to get S family there so they could leave.

Shooter touched nothing and took nothing. Liz did not live a dangerous lifestyle. Parents speculate why she was killed…jealous of Liz, jealous of their relationship, a nice home, going on vacation, living a dream life?

Bob and Rosemary Nuelle want their story told correctly and reference their website Who Killed Liz Barraza

BBM

Another thought I had is that it is possible that Liz’s killer, or the person who orchestrated her murder, may have carried out this crime to prevent her from going to Orlando or on her anniversary trip. I thought of this because her trip was only two days away and she is from Orlando. Perhaps someone from her past or who may even be a member, even one not well known to her or a friend of one, of any social groups she is still in touch with in Orlando played a role. Or maybe someone from that city still held a grudge or maybe someone closer to home held a lot of hostility towards the couple and their marriage but never expressed it, in public, online or otherwise. They could have
felt, however, entitled to ensuring that they would never enjoy the anniversary trip that they were so excited for and would probably only make the couple grow even closer. Maybe it is also possible that only a few days before the trip was supposed to occur, this person hired or asked someone close to them to carry out the crime and probably gathered and gave as much information they could to the murderer on Liz and Sergio. This person may not have been on anyone’s radar and probably had no prior history they were a threat. The killer could have been from out of town and wearing a disguise and the vehicle could have been borrowed or stolen so that neither were recognized or identified. The yard sale taking place could have also been an unfortunate and tragic coincidence. This is all just speculation of course and could be wrong.

Grace: Lets clear up about the garage sale. Rosemary: Yes, she wanted to earn some extra money for souvenirs and stuff and it pains me to know end because the garage sale if she had sold everything at that garage sale she might have made a $100. Liz would have sold it really cheap if someone got really excited about an item. Bob: or give it to her. Rosemary: They already paid for the trip/flight. Money saved for souvenirs. They didn’t need the money. Liz thought there might be something needed. Didn’t need to have garage sale.
I was doing notes too :), this is what I also got regarding the garage sale.

She’d been planning the garage sale for a month: gathering stuff, but the date was not set. She’d had previous sales but not annual sales always during different times of the year, different months.

Money was already saved for souvenirs and Rosemary couldn’t believe the amount (She doesn’t say the amount on the show). Liz told her the amount and Rosemary said are you freakin kidding me…

Liz wanted more for souvenirs.

They didn’t need any more money for souvenirs. Both parents don’t get why she had the sale but that was Liz.

edit: @arielilane your notes are great! I have more but I'll wait for yours. :) I have the youtube transcript too. If anyone doesn't know youtube generates a transcript of some videos by voice so some little things can be off. Just click the button on youtube.

Last edited:
I was doing notes too :), this is what I also got regarding the garage sale.

She’d been planning the garage sale for a month: gathering stuff, but the date was not set. She’d had previous sales but not annual sales always during different times of the year, different months.

Money was already saved for souvenirs and Rosemary couldn’t believe the amount (She doesn’t say the amount on the show). Liz told her the amount and Rosemary said are you freakin kidding me…

They didn’t need any more money for souvenirs. Both parents don’t get why she had the sale but that was Liz.

edit: @arielilane your notes are great! I have more but I'll wait for yours. :) I have the youtube transcript too. If anyone doesn't know youtube generates a transcript of some videos by voice so some little things can be off. Just click the button on youtube.
I like your notes, post more of your notes... two heads are better than one.;) I couldn't get the transcript option to work.

Some more notes likely some duplicates to Arielilane's but here are mine:

From Rosemary and Bob’s interview….their thoughts:

We learned this was not a random thing.

The people that did this had it very highly planned out.

They knew exactly when Sergio was going to leave for work. They knew when she'd be alone. They knew that this was maybe the only chance they'd get to get to her in this kind of environment.

This really was highly planned and it was extremely personal

It bothers them that some people say this couldn’t have been a professional hit because the killer wouldn’t miss at point-blank range.

It’s fact, she was shot four times. Confirmed by detectives and lines up with what they saw in the hospital.

They attribute the mistake made by emergency personnel due to “that it was in the heat of a really, really, really hectic attempt to save her life."

She normally set the alarm to the house door in the garage and took other safety measures. She was very cautious but not afraid of anything or anyone.

Both had good-paying jobs and they were very responsible

They didn't spend money they didn't have but they planned for things. They didn’t use credit cards. They didn’t go into debt.

They had several saving accounts for these trips

They had already paid for the trip: airfare, hotel, special behind the scene pasess

Had other trips planned and different accounts saving for those

Money was already saved for souvenirs and Rosemary couldn’t believe the amount (She doesn’t say on the show).

Liz told her and Rosemary said are you freakin kidding me…

They only recently saw the video of Liz arriving back from Starbucks where she is happy and making faces at Sergio who is behind the door.

They say Sergio said goodbye honey I love you and he gave her a kiss - they have not seen this but have been told. They think it would be picked up by the neighbor's cam (Me: I think that's kind of odd, told by who? I would think that would be on their door cam).....

Recap of video interview with Liz's parents Bob and Rosemary Nuelle:

“Liz talked to everybody about the trip. She didn’t post anything on Facebook or any social media though. She was excited for the trip.”

Planned to leave on Sunday, January 27th.

Grace: When did she decide to have the garage sale?

Rosemary: She talked about it probably for a good month where she was starting to get things together… and am not exactly sure but we probably heard about it the week before she was like okay I’m going to be having it.

The garage sales were not unusual we would have them on Friday and Saturday, nothing new. We were going to go on Friday. She asked if we had anything and we really didn’t and I've (Rosemary) in the past gone to the garage sales but come late, not a morning person. I usually get her coffee and come around 10:00 am.
The night before Bob was unemployed at the time and we talked with her to explain that Bob needed that time to look for a job.

Bob: On day of garage sale, Liz set the alarm in the house, leave the door from the garage into the house unlocked. I can only say this was in case she needed a quick retreat, but she knew she could get to the door, pop it open and the alarm would instantly have that safety.

Rosemary: This was possibly third garage sale at Cedar Walk home.

Bob: They were burglarized in their apartment prior to buying their home, traumatic experience and Liz felt safe in new (2016 purchased) home.

Bob & Rosemary: Liz and S meet in 2009, met at Sam Houston.

Rosemary: The truck leaves Goddard school seconds before S left the house. It’s very possible and we don’t know this for a fact S when he left the subdivision he was directly behind the truck but didn’t see didn’t think anything of it. But it’s that close of a time period when they’re actually leaving the subdivision.

Bob: They were waiting to see him leave and got nervous for whatever reason or they decided that he was leaving soon and they were going to get in position. We don’t know but it’s literally S out of the neighborhood probably less than a minute and killer pulls up.

Shooter gets on driveway very quickly but cuts across the grass.

Bob: Audio: from the audio we can tell doorbell camera was picking up
Grace: a lot of people have tried to analyze. What can you make out?
Bob: I can make out her say good morning. I’ve listened to and looked at some of the interpretations. One of the interpretations essentially describes the kind of conversation you would have with someone if you were going to a garage sale. The words that they attribute to Liz are things that she would have said.
Things like yep or sure, we’re sure people. Liz would say sure all the time.

Parents think shooter knew of cameras. Don’t know why shooter (58 seconds) drove back by murder.

They exited the neighborhood and according to everything we’ve heard the truck was lost in an area where there was no commercial camera feeds at all. That’s the last we’ve seen of it. Speculation by some people that have spent some time truck went down a dead end cul-de-sac. That had a driveway style curb in cul-de-sac and drove up onto a Greenbelt and exited onto Kuykendahl far down the road from where police were coming in at main entrance to Princeton Pl.
Rosemary: It makes sense to them. Didn’t know how truck left neighborhood previously. This gives an answer possibly.

Rosemary: Liz was shot four times (confirmed with detective) despite what report states or puff of smoke or dust shown on doorbell camera. Bullet hit/ricochets and hits the top of the house.

The alarm company called parents that morning. Parents tried calling Liz no answer. House was not entered for 20 minutes. On the way to Liz’s house S called the parents and said that he could see police tape but didn’t know if it was in front of his house or from his doorbell or the neighbors and that he tried to call Liz and she didn’t answer.

They stayed there until S got there. Rosemary: When I heard that she was life flighted I kind of resigned myself that she was gone. They told us she had been shot. We didn’t want to leave S by himself. He wasn’t there yet. Liz would want them to stay with him. Parents tried to get S family there so they could leave.

Shooter touched nothing and took nothing. Liz did not live a dangerous lifestyle. Parents speculate why she was killed…jealous of Liz, jealous of their relationship, a nice home, going on vacation, living a dream life?

Bob and Rosemary Nuelle want their story told correctly and reference their website Who Killed Liz Barraza

BBM
Okay. I didn’t watch the video and I’m probably not going to but can someone clarify this for me? Did S actually follow the truck out of the neighborhood? Or is this speculation? I am surprised this has not been mentioned before.

KHOU 11 exclusive: Elizabeth Barraza's husband speaks to Grace White about wife's 2019 death​

Can you think of anyone that would want Liz dead?

Honestly, no. It doesn't make sense why anybody would want to hurt her. It just. It it...

There's no reason why she's she's an Angel to me. She's just. Pure good.

So he doesn't think his dad did it anymore? He thought of people recently on Paula Zahn. HIS DAD. so confused :oops::rolleyes:o_O

Just started watching this but IMO a body language expert would have a field day with this.

IMO Shaking the head no does not match the answer. The use of the word honestly several times quickly according to interrogation experts is a sign. From my experience in other cases....

Honestly, no. It doesn't make sense why anybody would want to hurt her. It just. It it...

So he doesn't think his dad did it anymore? He's thought of people recently on Paula Zahn.

Just started watching this but IMO a body language expert would have a field day with this. Shaking the head no does not match the answer. The use of the word honestly several times quickly according to interrogation experts is a sign.
According to the Arrin stoner podcast SB indicated a female suspect on day 1 according to the police report that Arrin showed.

I noticed something while reading the family’s website timeline page.

The suspect pulls into a parking lot 10 seconds before the victim’s husband leaves that morning. Then he and the suspect, according to video timestamps, depart at *exactly* the same time, to their respective destinations: Sergio, to work, presumably?, and the suspect towards the victim’s home. It takes the suspect 2 minutes to drive there.

Following the shooting, Sergio returns. He has been away from the home for a solid hour - to the minute.

I find these time instances fascinating. For instance: the 10 second pause just before the shooter and her husband, Sergio, spring into motion that morning. That’s just enough time for an all-clear message to be sent.

Ten seconds later, they’re both on the move. This is just incredible to me. What absolute timing, if the husband didnt alert the shooter. I know there are cameras, but still - that’s amazing.

And then Sergio doesnt return until exactly one hour later. 60 minutes. There’s nothing meaningful I can find in this except how conveniently out of place it puts him from the shooting.

JMO - a theory.
I was thinking about that too because it gave me pause. I do find it questionable but I also wonder if during those 10 seconds the driver realized how how large and out of place his vehicle was and considering it could be a busy intersection he worried that his car would be easily noticed by other drivers or pedestrians going to school or work. I think he would have been at risk too of Sergio spotting him because the school’s parking lot could be viewed on the route he took to work that morning. It is also possible the killer noticed the school’s cameras during those 10 seconds. Either of those scenarios could possibly explain why he decided to move his vehicle from the school to avoid further detection and maybe show that it was a coincidence that both Sergio and the killer began to drive at the same time.

Just my MOO and I could be wrong.

KHOU 11 exclusive: Elizabeth Barraza's husband speaks to Grace White about wife's 2019 death​

You've never taken the life insurance money. Why not?

Because I have no need for it.

Honestly, I never even knew it existed.

And if. Like I just haven't.

I I feel like if I were to do it, it would just point an even bigger finger at me.

And so. Why do something? That could make things worse for us,

You know? It was. Like I said, I didn't even know it was there.

Amber and I live frugal lives.

And so we just kind of keep going, you know, if I ever did get it in the future,

I know I'd be giving a lot of it to Liz's family to support some charities.

For all the thanks for everything that people have helped us with, you know.....

IMO: There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE IN BEING ABLE TO GET THE LIFE INSURANCE, the statement if I ever did get it in the future indicates he cannot get it or touch it.

On Paula Zahn, Detective Ritchie said Sergio mislead them about the amount. IMO this indicates an amount was given.

Many insurance companies payout to beneficiaries while the case is still unsolved.

So he doesn't think his dad did it anymore? He thought of people recently on Paula Zahn. HIS DAD. so confused :oops::rolleyes:o_O

Just started watching this but IMO a body language expert would have a field day with this.

IMO Shaking the head no does not match the answer. The use of the word honestly several times quickly according to interrogation experts is a sign. From my experience in other cases....
Dude should not do interviews. Moo

Noticed video cover changed.

Okay. I didn’t watch the video and I’m probably not going to but can someone clarify this for me? Did S actually follow the truck out of the neighborhood? Or is this speculation? I am surprised this has not been mentioned before.
I think in the patents interview they mentioned the truck Might have been behind Sergio....didn't make sense to me. We need clarification on this....anyone? I'll try and go back but having hard time keeping up.

I think in the patents interview they mentioned the truck Might have been behind Sergio....didn't make sense to me. We need clarification on this....anyone? I'll try and go back but having hard time keeping up.
BBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa