TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really thought the vehicle would have been identified long ago...vehicles are easier than people, imo, to pin down. Look at the case of the murdered girls in Indiana...they have footage (horrible, admittedly) of the perp and nothing in three years...

I am hoping that the local news channels or newspaper would interview local LE to try to get an update on this investigation. With the video evidence I would at least expect them to have narrowed the vehicle search down to a few owners.

This one isn’t getting solved. If it was murder for hire someone woulda been found out if there was anything to find out. Their shot was to id that truck it had to be somewhere before and after the crime. Everything about it screams had to be personal or a hit but they can’t find a shred of a evidence. Doesn’t make sense.

Certain things in this case -- early morning, speed and ruthlessness of the killing, possibly costumed assassin -- remind me a bit of of the Missy Bevers case. Haven't followed that one for ages, but it's odd.

Certain things in this case -- early morning, speed and ruthlessness of the killing, possibly costumed assassin -- remind me a bit of of the Missy Bevers case. Haven't followed that one for ages, but it's odd.

Question of whether the perp is male or female is another similarity.

Missy was murdered very shortly before everyone else was supposed to be at the church.

Elizabeth’s murderer pounced on her very shortly after the husband left and before any early-birds made it to the garage sale.

Both murders occurred in Texas and indicate someone was watching and waiting and knew exactly when other people were supposed to be there.

Both murderers knew the victims schedules down to the minute.

Both perps have seemed to have vanished into thin air even though their vehicles were on video.

I don’t do social media at all, for personal reasons. I do wonder if there are any connections between the two victims or between people they knew.

Of course, I am just wondering, we can’t look it up and post about the families. There may be no connection at all it’s just interesting to note.

Last edited:
Question of whether the perp is male or female is another similarity.

Missy was murdered very shortly before everyone else was supposed to be at the church.

Elizabeth’s murderer pounced on her very shortly after the husband left and before any early-birds made it to the garage sale.

Both murders occurred in Texas and indicate someone was watching and waiting and knew exactly when other people were supposed to be there.

Both murderers knew the victims schedules down to the minute.

Both perps have seemed to have vanished into thin air even though their vehicles were on video.

I don’t do social media at all, for personal reasons. I do wonder if there are any connections between the two victims or between people they knew.

Of course, I am just wondering, we can’t look it up and post about the families. There may be no connection at all it’s just interesting to note.
You and others on here make very astute observations with the comparisons to the Missy Bevers case. I hadn’t thought about it before, but you’re exactly right. There are so many similarities in the cases.

And although anything is possible, I kind of doubt that the killer is the same person or that there is any kind of personal connection between the two cases. Midlothian is a good 3-4 hours away from Tomball, so it’s less likely the two victims knew one another or even had shared acquaintances. Possible, but not probable.

However, I 100% believe that the similarities you discussed above DO point to something in common- that these ladies were killed by a family member/friend/acquaintance (or their murders were ordered by one). Both women were killed in up-close brutal attacks, Missy’s with multiple weapons used, and Elizabeth’s with the execution-style headshot. Those indicate that the killings were very personal. And the fact that in both cases the killer knew the woman’s schedule and lied in waiting to attack (waited until Missy arrived at the church, waited until Elizabeth’s husband drove off for work). Missy’s killer had to know she would be at that church at 5 am that morning, because that wasn’t normally where she held her class. Elizabeth’s killer likely had to know she would be outside setting up her annual garage sale. In both cases nothing was stolen, nor was any kind of sexual assault present. Both of them were quick and savage murders, with the perp making a fast and clean getaway. That’s not by chance.

Both of those women angered someone they knew, and it unfortunately and senselessly cost them their lives.

I wonder if a GSR test was done on anyone potentially connected...I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet?

I don’t believe this has been discussed here because i don’t think they had a prime suspect or really anyone in mind in the beginning. I don’t believe the husband did it because he left and the shooting happened 4 minutes later. That isn’t enough time for him to park his car, get into a truck, and change into a women’s dress complete with a wig.

I'm curious if the husband's car was parked in the garage or on the street before he left that morning. In other words, would the shooter have known the husband was gone because we know the shooter had driven around already before the shooting.

The longer this goes on without an arrest, I wonder if this was a case of mistaken house and the wrong person got killed. I know that sounds ridiculous and super coincidental that she was outdoors that early setting up a garage sale, but honestly, those early morning hours would have been a great time to break into someone's home and kill them without much foot or vehicle traffic on the neighborhood streets. It could have been this killer pulled up and was surprised to see their "target" in the driveway but just went with it. In the video, she looked surprised/taken aback by their presence and I agree it looks as though the killer shows her something before shooting her. But it happened so quickly. I doubt she would have had time to say "Wait! I think you have the wrong person. I don't know what you're talking about."

It's possible the police have a suspect and just not enough to charge them. But it's also possible they have nothing. And this seems so personal and not at all random (meaning someone just driving around decides to hop out and kill her). I am sure they have dug into all people close to her and her husband. What if she wasn't the target at all? ::All MOO::

This killer’s disguise was sloppy and bulky but I think that it was purposefully easy-on, easy-off. The wig was a mess. The bathrobe was a convenient way to cover up, avoiding gp residue and blood splatter. I suspect that the person chose that disguise because it was easy to put on quickly.

And that’s all I have to say about that!

This killer’s disguise was sloppy and bulky but I think that it was purposefully easy-on, easy-off. The wig was a mess. The bathrobe was a convenient way to cover up, avoiding gp residue and blood splatter. I suspect that the person chose that disguise because it was easy to put on quickly.

bbm
I'm watching it, too, @TGIRecovered !
For probably the 5th or 6th time!

Good points on the sloppy & bulky and being easy on and easy off. Someone put a lot of thought before going to that house -- it prolly took a day or two to get things ready, make sure the date was correct on the yard sale, and to know when her husband left for work. Then, get in, do it, and get out. It's worked pretty well so far.
So far...

I agree. The suspect's vehicle could have been parked nearby at a local business either waiting for SB to leave, OR it was stashed there with whatever was needed already inside and ready. <modsnip> MOO

I've also been wondering about the timing of SB getting back to their home. What time was the 911 call? Where was SB when he was told to come home, and how long did it take him to get back home?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member