TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think that if it was because of $ they could have posted it on a SM site then.
My mother recently passed away in another state, with no viewing or any ceremony. I asked my brother and his girlfriend if there was anything that I could do as they were going to meet with the funeral director. The girlfriend said that I could write an obituary to give to the funeral director. This was less than 30 minutes before their meeting!

I actually did write a tribute, much to their surprise and delight. I have always been able to put thoughts into words in quick order. That being said, Elizabeth's family was surely caught off guard and may not have had anyone who could quickly pen the words for an obituary. I feel certain that her entire family was extremely distraught and probably couldn't think straight.

I sure hope that the police are working diligently on this case to solve it. I just don't feel that this is a random murder. JMO.

The Star Wars groups, specifically the 501st and South Texas Squad, to which Liz belonged aren't continuing to post her reward poster or any information. She was only viciously murdered 2 months ago. It's not like she's been dead for years.

I visited their FB sites and had to search for information about her vicious murder. It was shocking that these specific groups aren't repeatedly posting her reward poster or asking for tips to solve the crime. She had been member for years! It makes me wonder about who is in control of those sites.

From what you posted, you appear to have inside information about Elizabeth. I hope you'll talk to a moderator about becoming a verified insider. I'm sorry for your loss. I see that you joined Websleuths two days before Elizabeth was murdered. Welcome to Websleuths.

Thank you for your condolences. I actually tried to join last year after hearing about it on a podacst, but could never sign on and then tried again and was accepted immediately. It could have been operator error on my part. I am tech challenged, which is probably why I don't know what an insider is or what the benefit would be. I'm not sure I could handle it after reading some of these comments, but I am trying to keep an open mind and not take it personally. Liz's murder has definitely given me a new perspective on what victims' families and loved ones go through. I am forever changed.

Thank you for your condolences. I actually tried to join last year after hearing about it on a podacst, but could never sign on and then tried again and was accepted immediately. It could have been operator error on my part. I am tech challenged, which is probably why I don't know what an insider is or what the benefit would be. I'm not sure I could handle it after reading some of these comments, but I am trying to keep an open mind and not take it personally. Liz's murder has definitely given me a new perspective on what victims' families and loved ones go through. I am forever changed.

Has LE asked the family to keep quiet on this? I am asking because no one ever posts about this! It seems like total strangers here on Websleuths post more about her than her own family and friends.

Liz's murder has definitely given me a new perspective on what victims' families and loved ones go through. I am forever changed.

RSBM
My friend's husband is missing and it really gives a different perspective to the questions and comments - not just on WS, but on other forums as well. One in particular that I see in many cases is "why isn't the family doing anything?" and to be honest, we have NO IDEA what the families are doing or not doing in the background as it isn't reported in MSM.

It's even more odd that the killer knew Elizabeth was not headed to work that day. How many people could have known the precise time Sergio left for work and that Liz was not going to work that day? Very, very few.

There's a $20,000 reward. Turn the killer in anonymously to Crime Stoppers -- 717-222-TIPS. Get your $20,000!

I don’t find it odd at all.. I’ve mentioned this before. It was before 7 am. Who leaves for work that early? Did the killer really know there was a yard sale or was it a “lucky” coincidence? Maybe the killer planned to go to the door?

I don’t find it odd at all.. I’ve mentioned this before. It was before 7 am. Who leaves for work that early? Did the killer really know there was a yard sale or was it a “lucky” coincidence? Maybe the killer planned to go to the door?
Who leaves that early? Have you ever driven around the Houston area? The traffic is horrible. It's the 3rd largest city in the USA. Liz's office wasn't in Tomball.

The yard sale was not advertised in advance. Liz put up the signs that morning.

Last edited:
It's even more odd that the killer knew Elizabeth was not headed to work that day. How many people could have known the precise time Sergio left for work and that Liz was not going to work that day? Very, very few.

Its extremely common in houston for oil/gas/pipeline jobs to be 9 hour days with every other Friday off. If she was in this industry then the killer searched for a linked in or something and they could assume a 50/50 chance that's her Friday off.

Since the truck cased the neighborhood or otherwise drove around there before Sergio left for work (per daily mails reporting) then they would be able to know if he was at home or not.

I think it is more likely than one would think.

RSBM
My friend's husband is missing and it really gives a different perspective to the questions and comments - not just on WS, but on other forums as well. One in particular that I see in many cases is "why isn't the family doing anything?" and to be honest, we have NO IDEA what the families are doing or not doing in the background as it isn't reported in MSM.
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's husband! It's definitely a lot harder when you are directly related to a case. Sending all of the positive thoughts that he is found safe!

And you are so right! I see people asking why her family and friends are "quiet" and they have been doing everything they know to do. I'm not sure if LE has asked anything of her family, but I am sure there are certain details about the case LE would like to keep close, which is normal in an investigation. We definitely all want answers and justice for Liz!

JMO - working as a data analyst at a company (example Rosen) - would probably be 8-5 Monday to Friday in the office.

If she was in the field verifying data or overseeing a pigging project, her hours would most likely be longer and involve travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member