GUILTY TX - Gerren Isgrigg, 6, disabled, left to die in Wylie park, 12 April 2010

Ya know, I hate hate hate hearing about these cases .. adult or child. How can a person be found and no one step forward?! Someone has to know who this child is. I know it's all "big brother-ish" but I think that if we put a newborn's DNA in CODIS or something like it, a DNA database, maybe this would stop happening.. Babies in dumpsters ... on the side of the road, in a pile of brush ... UUUGH! It's got to stop!

I've been watching the Spanish stations and I haven't seen a report on this case. Well at least in the past 2 days.

The little boy could be Hispanic or mixed with Hispanic to me. I hope LE got some good leads and maybe not saying much.

I've been watching the Spanish stations and I haven't seen a report on this case. Well at least in the past 2 days.

The little boy could be Hispanic or mixed with Hispanic to me. I hope LE got some good leads and maybe not saying much.

Can you send a news tip to one or all of them that you watch???

Texas: Authorities Search For Identity of Boy Found Dead in Park
Six Year Old Boy Is Believed To Have Special Medical Needs
By EMILY FRIEDMAN
April 20, 2010

<snip>

The boy was found at around 9 a.m. on April 15 by Gary Valentine, a garden worker who was mowing the area of owned by the Army Corps of Engineers in Wylie, Texas, when he says he saw the body. Wylie is just outside of Dallas in Northeast Texas.

Valentine told ABC News' affiliate WFAA in Dallas that he spotted what he thought was a "small mannequin" while mowing the grass.

"I said a prayer and I knew I was at a crime scene, but I also knew I couldn't throw a child in a brush pile," said Valentine. "So, I stepped across the fence, laid him down, looked back [and] saw a baby blanket [and] took it and covered up the baby and called 911."

more here - 2-pg article

http://abcnews.go.com/US/identity-year-boy-found-dead-texas/story?id=10425344&page=1

Texas: Authorities Search For Identity of Boy Found Dead in Park
Six Year Old Boy Is Believed To Have Special Medical Needs
By EMILY FRIEDMAN
April 20, 2010

<snip>

The boy was found at around 9 a.m. on April 15 by Gary Valentine, a garden worker who was mowing the area of owned by the Army Corps of Engineers in Wylie, Texas, when he says he saw the body. Wylie is just outside of Dallas in Northeast Texas.

Valentine told ABC News' affiliate WFAA in Dallas that he spotted what he thought was a "small mannequin" while mowing the grass.

"I said a prayer and I knew I was at a crime scene, but I also knew I couldn't throw a child in a brush pile," said Valentine. "So, I stepped across the fence, laid him down, looked back [and] saw a baby blanket [and] took it and covered up the baby and called 911."

more here - 2-pg article

http://abcnews.go.com/US/identity-year-boy-found-dead-texas/story?id=10425344&page=1

Maybe it's just me, but it always bothers me when someone goes to moving a body at a crime scene, and altering evidence and altering the crime scene. I wonder if the person who found the child is in anyway connected to the child or the child's mother?

I also think this is going to turn out to be a fairly local case, with a couple of not too bright people responsible for this child's death or at least dumping his body. They will be well acquainted with the area where the child's body was found. They might be fairly new to the area, but not so new they hadn't scoped out the lake and the lakeside parks. This was a precious little boy, and I don't think if he died of natural causes that he would be dumped like that. Was he deliberately starved to death?

Sleep in peace little Wylie's angel.

Unidentifieddeceasedspecialneedschi.jpg

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/...rrent=Unidentifieddeceasedspecialneedschi.jpg

Ruby, absolutely fantastic poster. The little toy trucks make it so sad :( I would have thought by now, somebody would know who this little guy is. I am thinking that he may not be enrolled in school. Special needs kids who are homebound recieve tutors from the district, so the kids are followed by a teacher but do not go to school regularly. He also may not yet be enrolled in school yet, especially if he is five and not six. Many of the kids I care for (all with special needs) started school a year late because they needed an extra year to mature. However, all kids with special needs that are preschool aged are eligible for free preschool programs to address their disabilities.

I think that the Shriner's Hospitals need to be contacted to see if anyone recognizes the child. Also, parent support group for children with special needs. Somebody may think this kid has moved, but in reality, he hasn't.

If more were released on his medical information, you might get a whole lot more leads. For example if you knew he had this syndrome, then you would look at these doctors, etc. Some kids require very specialized diets so the nutritional suppliers may be able to narrow kids down, or perhaps police using a list provided.

I have a student who used to be on a feeding tube. She is really tiny, but the reason they are put on a feeding tube in the first place is that they are unable to either eat regular food, process regular food, etc, so I don't think the poor child was starved like other people do.

Edited to add: I think his picture also needs to be shown to geneticists. If he has a rare genetic disorder, it would be pretty easy to pin down his identity. I've taught a lot of children with all sorts of special needs and his face type doesn't look familiar to me.

Would you please check and see if it is a G-tube? Also, how old is your cousin's daughter?

Okay. Her daughter is 8 years old and has a rare chromosome disorder. Her feeding tube is a "G-tube". She does all the care for it at home, the only time she would have to go to a doctor to deal with anything related to it is if it's pulled out or something goes wrong with it.

Thanks Button!

I think some of us were wanting to know how often a child with a feeding tube might be expected to come in contact with caregivers other than the parents. It seems to me that any invasive type of treatment such as a feeding tube would provide increased opportunity for a child to have health problems such as more frequent sinus or throat infections, maybe very susceptable to cold or flu virus, etc. Wouldn't it be strange for such a child not to have a regular doctor or clinic for those types of ilnesses? Some doctor somewhere had to make an initial diagnosis to start feeding the child with a tube, right?

Okay. Her daughter is 8 years old and has a rare chromosome disorder. Her feeding tube is a "G-tube". She does all the care for it at home, the only time she would have to go to a doctor to deal with anything related to it is if it's pulled out or something goes wrong with it.

Thank you. Where is the feeding tube formula/mix purchased or delivered from? Does it require a prescription? Wouldn't someone notice if these purchases suddenly ceased? Idk, it's hard to imagine this little boy not being known to anyone outside of his home...

Maybe it's just me, but it always bothers me when someone goes to moving a body at a crime scene, and altering evidence and altering the crime scene. I wonder if the person who found the child is in anyway connected to the child or the child's mother?

Sleep in peace little Wylie's angel.

My DH and I talked about this just the other night...

I think, if it were me and I found what I thought may have been a doll or manequin, and then discovered it was a child... I don't think I could just drop him back into the brush pile he was found in either...

I think I may do much the same as this man... I would wrap him in a blanket (being as there was one near), say a prayer, call the police and them probably have some sort of complete emotional breakdown...

I know that it might be wrong, in terms of the scene, but I couldn't just leave a poor baby out there like that.

JMOO

Thank you. Where is the feeding tube formula/mix purchased or delivered from? Does it require a prescription? Wouldn't someone notice if these purchases suddenly ceased? Idk, it's hard to imagine this little boy not being known to anyone outside of his home...

For medicaid or other insurance to pay for the pedia-sure I had to have a prescription but if I choose to buy it myself and not use the insurance there was no need for a prescription, of course I used the medicaid. It was delivered to my home monthly along with other medical supplies such as NG tubes, syringes, sterile water etc.

So I would think that Texas medicaid would notice if this child were no longer receiving the supplies, I also think the supplier would notice unless of course they sent the supplies via UPS or FEDX as so many do these days.

I would also think that this child would have had caregivers such as home based teachers and therapists. Someone has to know this child is missing!

Thanks momtective. :)
I also wonder what other health issues he may have had. They said significant. I wonder if also needed Oxygen or injections of some kind, and the autopsy maybe provided some evidence of that (be it heart malformation or lungs, etc). I think the more issues he had would be useful to know, because then LE could look at those specific type of doctors/suppliers. A family member of mine is visiting right now, and we had to set up home oxygen for her...I was thinking of printing a flyer for the supplier when they come to pick it up. I would be curious to know if they've been informed of this little guy, since we don't live far.

I know the mother of this child is doing DNA testing to see if it's him. She says it's not very likely as Diego didn't have any health issues when he was taken, and she hopes it's not him, but it's worth a shot.

I knew a family with a boy once on a feeding tube due to an oral aversion, and they put Pediasure in it.

Does anyone local know if this childs story has made at least local spanish news? I have seen that question asked several times but haven't seen it answered.

IIRC, the Houston child was id'd only after his info was aired 5 years later on invision? Also, the detective who handled Jose Bernardo Martinez's case was very very nice. A WS member had been in regular contact with him at the time and he was also willing to make contact with DuPage about our still little unidentified Johnny Doe who was found in October of 2005.

If anyone here is in contact with local LE on this case, I would be happy to dig through the info and find the name of the person in Houston who made the arrangements to have the national spanish cable show- which beats viewership of HLN etc.

Another thing, if the parent or caregiver who dumped this child is still ordering the medical supplies or claims to have changed doctors it might not raise an alarm for some time, such as why haven't medical records been requested from another doctors office etc...........

bumping for this handsome little boy. I can't believe they have no leads on him. Rest in Paradise little one.

Wylie's Angel Facebook page now has 33,688 members, that is 10,000 more than yesterday! The vigil is tonight at 7pm.

Someone is going to put 2 + 2 together with the way the Facebook is spreading. At least, that is my prayer.

Do many other UID's have facebook pages? I was thinking that would be a great way to get their pictures out.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back