TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see many cases where I have no doubt that parents, who are innocent, feel a great amount of guilt and responsibility for putting their children in harms way but don't comment or dwell on it publically. It's rare to see a parent of a missing child come out and say...this is my fault and I don't know if I can live with myself...but I'm sure many think it.

I don't know if Billie is involved criminally or not but in general I don't think her lack of reflection is unusual, especially this early in the investigation.
Do yall remember how Susan Smith acted for days on TV? Everyone beleived her ! then the bomb was dropped !

I was re-reading the affidavit and caught where BD confirmed the story about DD knocking and climbing in the window and finding SA in the hallway with the deer in the headlight look.............Didn't she wonder what that was about if she's not covering for him? Wouldn't that have made her go hmmmmmmmmmmm?

Yep, it would make anyone wonder - unless they already knew what it was all about imo...

That's what I was thinking. My FIL drinks beer more than he drinks water. I don't know of any event he would consider beer not okay for. It's American beer, so you can drink it all day long and barely get a buzz, anyway. A lot of folks see it as just another beverage.

How is American beer different? Is it low alcohol beer like we have here? i.e 2 beers equal 1 normal beer

I never believed Susan Smith, so I must be a natural cynic...

This is HIGHLY disturbing WOO! I hope you'll consider starting up a discussion about this in the Tots to Teens forum. Parents need to be aware!

It doesn't shock me at all. When I was a teen in the 90s, I went to vampire parties where there was regular bloodletting (thank G-d I'm kosher, so no experimenting there), and when my sister was a teen in the 70s/80s, they had parties with hitch hikers out in deserted cabins they broke into. Generations before that, IDK, they drank bath tub gin and stayed out all night with Dillinger, whatever.

Teens have always done dangerous things.

ETA: But, I do see a lot of general topics here that would be great for the Tots forum if people want to move them there for more discussion.

If you were involved in a kinky relationship that led to your daughter being missing and likely dead wouldn't you be beside yourself with guilt? She doesn't seem to be beside herself with guilt and holding herself responsible like I would think anyone would just for being the reason he was in the household with her.

That is the part that doesn't fit for me.

That's the thing: I really don't think she has seriously considered that SA is involved... Or, she's covering for him b/c she knows if he goes down, she goes down? :waitasec: (Okay, gotta stay on my side of the fence - not ready to jump over yet)

Or there was no Charles, because he didn't really live there he was just "staying" there, and since LE can't confirm the phone call, maybe they can't confirm there is a "Charles".

My thoughts exactly, a mystery person that looks over the fence? I thought he saw her allll the time? Throwing the focus to someone else IMO... letting everyone know there was a stranger in town?

Billie's strange wording when NG asked her if she saw Hailey that morning before work makes me wonder about the possibility that she was in the bed either dead or unconscious, or that something occurred Sunday night.

I agree. I have a different theory. I really don't believe BD had anything to do with HD disappearance. She brought up the polygraph, NG asked what questions were asked. One was Did I have anything to do with her disappearance, which was apparently deceptive. I think she believes she is responsible, but can't answer yes, then try to explain. Her facial expressions say alot. I think she was reading about murderers and sadists because of SA and his desire to watch those kinds of films. I think she had a deep down feeling that something wasn't right and perhaps if she read enough she could decide if SA fit the profile. Problem was, he knew how to answer all her questions- creating an internal turmoil. She's angry about the comments SA made about HD being on drugs and promiscuous. She seems like an analytical person. Trying to explain what goes on in her mind and how she gets from point A to point B in and of itself probably makes her feel crazy or stupid, so she tries to oversimplify, which can make her look detached. I don't know, that's just MHO.

As for SA, I think he is as guilty as the day is long. The point you make about something happening the night before makes sense, especially when you read that SA arrives at work at 6:00 a.m., looks at his supervisor, gets a Dr. Pepper from the vending machine and leaves at 6:10 a.m. He had things to do. I don't think he planned on the cell tower pings. I think he thought he just pulled off the perfect crime and had BD good and snowed.

I hope we're all wrong and that she has been hiding out because SA gave her the creeps and thought he was up to something. Maybe wants to be certain BD is over him.

Do yall remember how Susan Smith acted for days on TV? Everyone beleived her ! then the bomb was dropped !

I didn't believe Susan Smith. I thought she looked like she was faking with the way she closed her eyes and dropped them down all the time.

I'm not sure about BD's body language. To me, if she is faking all of this, I will be surprised. But she does like to follow crime cases and could possibly be very well versed in how to act like a grieving parent.

I just don't know yet. I'm on the fence with BD still.

How is American beer different? Is it low alcohol beer like we have here? i.e 2 beers equal 1 normal beer

Domestic American beers like Budweiser, Genuine Draft, Michelob probably run about 4% alcohol, and the light versions probably less.

I just cannot shake the feeling that there is def a group involved in this.... I'm thinking a for sure on SA, maybe on BD, but who else? Other family? Locals? IDK, My hinky meter is going off bad on the friends of these 2, almost more than on them! Maybe its because of the silence in the town? I am surprised almost no one has come foward with stories about them all.... Not about their parenting, but about them. It is a small town, they all have their stories....

I can think of a couple of folks that top my list... :shutup:

Has the brother said what the house looked like ? or if smelled like bleache or anything broken?

why did BD lose her license to nurse?

and i read true crime have since about.. oh when ever the Bundy was goin on.. back in the 70;s 80;s
does that mean all advocates and law enforcement and Dr's etc who follow true crime are murderes?
i think not

that would make everyone here at WS one....
this isnt fiction we are reading

So why did he really show up for work?Why not call in or make an excuse?Surely he'd realized the excuse he used would get found out.He still used the excuse of going to Mom's house.Did he need something from work,why go in just to get a soda?Was there something around the machine he needed or someone at work he needed to talk to?I know noone knows,but it's in my head,more questions than answers.

O/T: The canned commercial stuff is basically like brown smelly water. I know the Canadian stuff can't be drunk like soda pop, and their's can.

Or there was no Charles, because he didn't really live there he was just "staying" there, and since LE can't confirm the phone call, maybe they can't confirm there is a "Charles".

One thing I know is that if you look at the satellite and street views of the home there are only a few houses that can see into the backyard.

Domestic American beers like Budweiser, Genuine Draft, Michelob probably run about 4% alcohol, and the light versions probably less.

Yeah same as over here, but if you drink them all day you would certainly get a buzz lol

==================================
I read on a previous case that NG doesn't pay for appearances, but it pays for pictures. I don't know if that's actually the case and I don't have a link, but it used to be true. Tonight was the first night I remember seeing so many photos of Hailey and I did wonder if all but 2 of them being so old would cause confusion. I'm very distrusting of BD's motive at this point, I admit it openly - and I hope that her appearance wasn't motivated by money. Hopefully she is really just trying to keep Hailey's face out there, but think it would be a much better use of the air time to show how she looked when she disappeared, like they did with Brittany Smith...

I saw one recent picture that I hadn't seen before. She had on what looked to be a jersey of some sort with a hoodie - both with the same logo. Maybe a school team? Because of the hoodie and the way she looked, I decided it was a more recent picture than the cheerleader picture. In the cheerleader pic, she looks happy and bubbly. In the other one I saw, she looked more... sad? Less joyful? Can't put my finger on it but I thought, "Something happened between those two pics." :(

Maybe I'm just being overly analytical. Did anyone else see it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiouscanadian