TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the Memphis statement, I'm wondering if it was taken out of context. I know we've seen before where the media will take one sentence and run with it as a headline. While this may be a 'big' lead, it may also have been a response to someone following up on the out-of-state leads statement. A hypothetical conversation may have gone something like this (JMHO): "Where specifically are you looking out-of-state?" "Oh, lots of places - even as far away as Memphis." "Are you looking into the lead in Memphis?" "Yes, we look into all of them." Since it was a paraphrase and not a direct quote, we can only speculate - but I'm throwing that out there as a possibility.

I personally think if it were a 'big' lead, it wouldn't have been shared. So I'm holding back on putting a lot of faith in a big Memphis lead.

Here's the original report of 'out of state' leads last night:

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=334336
Pete Kampfer told KTAB's Tiffany Tatro Sunday law enforcement is following some out-of-state leads. Kampfer said when those leads come in, FBI officers in those respective states are contacted. Kampfer declined to elaborate on the nature of those leads.

And then there was the mention of Memphis later from a different source:

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26590286/detail.html
Pete Kampfer told KTXS Sunday, they are following a lead in Memphis, Tennessee. Kampfer said he was not able to tell us any more, except that they are looking into the lead.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=334376

ME mom speaks out.
MB received a text message that said "what are you doing?"

She says the message was sent from Hailey's mother's cell phone at about 2 o'clock, which Hailey always used, but G says she worries that there is no evidence to prove Hailey sent that message.

Did anyone else notice this quote from CG in the above referenced article: "Hailey has never spent the night here," she said.

Never spent the night at MB's house...

Did anyone else notice this quote from CG in the above referenced article: "Hailey has never spent the night here," she said.

Her mom probably regrets ever letting her daughter spent the night at Haileys with everything that has come out about BD and SA..

Her mom probably regrets ever letting her daughter spent the night at Haileys with everything that has come out about BD and SA..

At least she was smart enough to put a stop to it when she found out that Hailey and MB were wandering the streets at night.

However, I would never let my kids spend the night anywhere without knowing the parents for awhile. My rule is that their friends sleep over here until I know the other parent.

cg never mentions that mb texted back and heard nothing...why not? wouldnt it be normal for mb to text Hailey back? did she? why not? you would think cg would be more concerned with no later response from Hailey, then not believing it was Hailey texting.... I know im alone in thinkin she is too angry and opinionated.....but im thinkin it...moo

there is a little girl lost, if there is no involvement there is no reason to be angered.... there are too many (although, prolly not) scenarios in which Hailey could have really texted , imo...

By not saying that MB texted back I think we can assume she did and that the text was not answered by Hailey. This is part of the investigation and probably why it was not mentioned.

ETA: MB more than likely texted back a few times. Most teenagers are like that until they get a response.

By not saying that MB texted back I think we can assume she did and that the text was not answered by Hailey. This is part of the investigation and probably why it was not mentioned.

ETA: MB more than likely texted back a few times. Most teenagers are like that until they get a response.
Now THAT is a very interesting thought. I wonder if MB did text back and wasn't answered. That phone would register those incoming texts. Boy, wish we had those phone records.

In reading this article, something standing out to me. Ms.Garcia states that MB "fears for her own life"...why would Ms.Garcia say this ???

In reading this article, something standing out to me. Ms.Garcia states that MB "fears for her own life"...why would Ms.Garcia say this ???

She is probably scared of SA. If SA made this story up I can see why her mother would be ticked off to have her daughter go thru all this stress. Using an innocent kid in his scheme would tick me off too.
MB probably is afraid he did something to Hailey and will do something to her too.

At 13, my daughter was new in town and trying to make friends before High School started in the Fall. She met a couple of girls and they hung out a lot. She asked to spend the night with 2 other girls at the home of one of them the following Saturday.

I told her I needed to speak with the mom (by phone) first to make sure we were in agreement on basic issues, like the kids not being allowed to wander around town at night, and that the mom would be there the entire time. The mom finally called the day of the sleepover and put my fears to rest.

When I dropped my daughter off, I noticed that the girl had a brother a couple of years older, and that the mother had numerous tattoos and piercings. The home was less than 50 yards from a restaurant with a popular bar (back to back). I decided not to be superficial, and left my daughter there. As I drove away, the karaoke van was pulling into the parking lot of the bar.

Over the next few days my daughter made a few mistakes. She mentioned that the girl worked at the restaurant bussing tables. When it occurred to me that the girl was 13 or 14, my daughter told me she got the job because her mom is their best bartender. Suddenly 2+2=4 and I told her that I "knew" the mother had not been there during the sleepover and that she should have called me to come get her. All I REALLY "knew" was that it was Saturday night and they had karaoke. No way they were letting their BEST BARTENDER have the night off.

My daughter confessed, but made excuses about not knowing the woman was leaving, and upon seeing she had, assuming she'd just gone out "to get milk or something". She said that by the time she realized the lady was not coming back, it was 3:30am and too late to call me. Personally, I don't think she wanted her friends to think she was "uncool" and ruin her chances at being accepted in the new town.

I was as mad at the mom as I was at my daughter. I TRUSTED her, and she lied to my face. I was shocked that she helped my child to deceive me. It was a sparsely populated though geographically large area, and the parents really needed to be a unified force to keep tabs on the kids. I never called and gave her an earful, and her daughter was always welcome at my home, but my daughter never went back to hers.

At least she was smart enough to put a stop to it when she found out that Hailey and MB were wandering the streets at night.

However, I would never let my kids spend the night anywhere without knowing the parents for awhile. My rule is that their friends sleep over here until I know the other parent.

I tend to be the same way, but then you are asking the parents of the other kids to let them stay with YOU, who they do not know any better than you know THEM.

OTOH, Most parents I encountered would drop their kids at my house without ever even getting out of the car themselves. If I wasn't waiting by the door to run out when they turned into the driveway, I'd never have met half of them.

I keep having these nagging thoughts about that text. What if the text was sent to lure MB over to HD house. If SA could have gotten both girls out of sight then people would be assuming they took off together. If he had someone else helping him and something terrible was planned, they'd each have their own girl. Sorry I know it's awful thoughts, it just scares me about texting and I've said it to my family for a long time. I don't like the texting because you never know who you are really speaking to!
JMO
Sorry to post and run but I wanted to finally get this out there and hopefully out of my head! BBL

I tend to be the same way, but then you are asking the parents of the other kids to let them stay with YOU, who they do not know any better than you know THEM.

OTOH, Most parents I encountered would drop their kids at my house without ever even getting out of the car themselves. If I wasn't waiting by the door to run out when they turned into the driveway, I'd never have met half of them.

I know and trust ME!

I keep having these nagging thoughts about that text. What if the text was sent to lure MB over to HD house. If SA could have gotten both girls out of sight then people would be assuming they took off together. If he had someone else helping him and something terrible was planned, they'd each have their own girl. Sorry I know it's awful thoughts, it just scares me about texting and I've said it to my family for a long time. I don't like the texting because you never know who you are really speaking to!
JMO
Sorry to post and run but I wanted to finally get this out there and hopefully out of my head! BBL

Wow. Scary thought. You never know. I can see where MB is terrified and probably having nightmares. She has probably seen those pics of SA since they have been all over the news. And her little friend missing. Its got to be horrifying to her as well as Haileys other friends that went to her house.
I dont see MB as anything but a victim of SA:(

Posters need to be put out if they have any faith in this lead. Memphis is a long way from CC and unless they are big NG fans or sleuthers they probably have not even heard about this.

I not sure I have faith in this lead :( But I hope it pan out!

Regarding the Memphis statement, I'm wondering if it was taken out of context. I know we've seen before where the media will take one sentence and run with it as a headline. While this may be a 'big' lead, it may also have been a response to someone following up on the out-of-state leads statement. A hypothetical conversation may have gone something like this (JMHO): "Where specifically are you looking out-of-state?" "Oh, lots of places - even as far away as Memphis." "Are you looking into the lead in Memphis?" "Yes, we look into all of them." Since it was a paraphrase and not a direct quote, we can only speculate - but I'm throwing that out there as a possibility.

I personally think if it were a 'big' lead, it wouldn't have been shared. So I'm holding back on putting a lot of faith in a big Memphis lead.

Here's the original report of 'out of state' leads last night:

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=334336

And then there was the mention of Memphis later from a different source:

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26590286/detail.html

Very good reasoning and I wouldn't doubt it a bit. Unfortunately in these cases, LE has to deal with the media but they're not going to tell them anything important IMO.

Originally Posted by debirlfan
Wonder if she's getting any sort of assistance?

Note that CD's girlfriend apparently was kicked out of section 8 housing because CD was living there. I'm guessing they're all playing a little fast and loose with the rules.

Please could someone help me here ...i'm a lurker and i dont know how to find this info....
I believe I read that CD had been arrested on drug charges ...and that is a big no no with section 8 housing. Not to say that he should be living there and still be married to BD..... but can someone find this info for me.TIA

That is very true but even then these are parents that talk to me on a regular basis before sending their child here. Many parents don't watch crime forums and see what can happen. Thank goodness my kids go to a school of 148 and it's easy to get to know the parents.

However, when my 13 year old stepdaughter lived with her mom and came every second weekend for visitation (she now lives with us), it was amazing when she brought friends over for the weekend too. Heck, they never met her father, my spouse. I was shocked.

Anyhow, OT.

If MB had answered that text and Hailey responded, I think that it would be all over the media. I bet MB texted Hailey back quite a few times, especially knowing that SA and BD were at work.

Wow. Scary thought. You never know. I can see where MB is terrified and probably having nightmares. She has probably seen those pics of SA since they have been all over the news. And her little friend missing. Its got to be horrifying to her as well as Haileys other friends that went to her house.
I dont see MB as anything but a victim of SA:(

She could also be scared of stories that SA is not involved and a random stranger is walking around grabbing young girls off the street right in front of their homes in broad daylight. Or that some people are thinking that something may have happened at MB's with some rumoured RSO relative that likely does not exist. It's a small town and people talk. She's probably going through a lot at school and kids are just like adults, they take sides and have opinions too.

So much collateral damage here. I just wish they'd find the evidence they need to make the arrest(s) and stop the rumour mill.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member