TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
When using WS CHAT all TOS and rules still apply. Moderators do monitor chat and if you are using chat to try to get around TOS you will lose your posting privileges.

This post lands at random for clarification purposes. Please respect WS rules in all areas of the forums.

thanx cz... why didnt she do this when she had the opportunity on ng? .... when you say it will be what she already told LE do you mean from day one or just recently.....tyia

I'd like to know why she waited even 3-4 weeks?
:waitasec:

I mean she has told LE everything from the getgo.. guess I should have worded that better. And she didn't have an opportunity to get the entire story out on NG or anywhere else. She didn't do this day one because we never expected for Hailey to be gone this long, or that people would think that she is withholding information.

Now, who is this guy y'all are talking about?

Umm you are her close friend and shes not told you about the guy who supposedly threatened her and Hailey? No not Shaun this is another one...

right.
but that is not really my point. I suppose I am being a bit cynical, but this is just a gut level response on my part.
She has never ever led us to believe there was a missing suspect that had seriously threatened Hailey's life previously. NO mention of it.
Even Cz seems clueless about it.

We haven't heard about this person, but we also didn't hear about a few others until recently. I think LE wants her to keep things quiet, but she's finding that hard to do with the case stalling like it is.

I don't think CZ is clueless, I think she needs to confirm with BD exactly who she is speaking about. There may be a lot we don't know, and CZ doesn't want to let the wrong cat out of the bag.

MOO

Not really. She made a statement, but that statement is not the affidavit, it is incorporated in the affidavit by reference, but there are no direct quotes. "illegal narcotics" and "deer in the headlights" are not NECESSARILY words any of the involved parties said. It is the overall impression their words left on the LEO writing the affidavit to request the search warrant.

Shawn "indicated" that Hailey might be in Scurry County. HOW did he indicate? Did he nod when asked? Look at his feet? Give them verbal clues without coming right out to say so? Or was he speculating?

That's the thing that makes me uncomfortable with the way these affidavits are treated as gospel. I am sure LE had the best intentions, but look at how we can sit for hours rewatching the same clips and debating what Billie meant. If they were half as confused as we are, there could be honest mistakes.

With all due respect I'll respond to the single issue that I addressed.

NG was pretty explicit.....she had read about a drug buy in the affidavits and wanted to know what these 'illegal narcotics were'.

BD says - "I read that too" (meaning the affidavit) she moves on to avoid answering the question.

The 'illegal drug buy' is either true or untrue, if she mentioned purchasing drugs to LE, then it is true and she just needed to say so, if it was untrue, then BD needed to call LE liars or 'mistaken'.

Instead she proffers a response but not an answer.
She has talking points to share and Hailey doesn't come across as her 1st priority.

Whether she is involved or not, she needed to make Hailey her first priority. I use the past tense because it is unlikely that she could change my feelings about her now - that ship has sailed. :(

Soooo,how many guys have threatened BD this last year and why? Did she just remember it or did SA help her while talking to him?

Im more interested in how many guys have been threatening her kids and CPS is probably going to want to know that too if they are in danger. One is already missing. They may not want DD going back into that house ever.

We haven't heard about this person, but we also didn't hear about a few others until recently. I think LE wants her to keep things quiet, but she's finding that hard to do with the case stalling like it is.

I don't think CZ is clueless, I think she needs to confirm with BD exactly who she is speaking about. There may be a lot we don't know and CZ doesn't want to let the wrong cat out of the bag.

MOO

Czgtz will be right back, then we can ask. I agree that I think she was surprized to see it in print...doesn't mean she doesn't know about the guy.

i think theres a whole lot we don't know. BD and friend have lived in that town for a long time. They know the people, they know whats going on in the neighborhoods. I am sure there are plenty of things that can't be said on the internet and on national tv. MOOOOOOOOOO

Respectfully BBM. We're talking about the same LE that originally thought that she ran away, right? And had to be pushed to actually look for her from Billie? And, this is the same LE that LIED to media about what Billie was told about the results of SA's LD? At least, that's what was stated in the SW.

I don't know of LE lying about anything at all, and I don't know of LE having said that.

Here's what I do know:

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/26401950/detail.html

Have we ever explored Hailey seeing something she shouldn't see? Bad guys don't like witnesses.

This new person that has threatened BD and Hailey before and can't be located, makes me wonder if BD did a lot of internet dating before she met SA.

she said she didnt know about the guy. She didnt see the print....so shes not surprised to see the print whatever that means.... not understanding

This new person that has threatened BD and Hailey before and can't be located, makes me wonder if BD did a lot of internet dating before she met SA.

And what do you base that on. It is quite a leap. Has something been reported other than that is how she met SA? ty

I hope it goes well.
If it was me I would go for a one on one sit down with someone then.
One person she can be comfortable with.
I will just be honest and say I don't think she can handle a press conference on her own. If there is even a moderate turn out and reporters actually start in on questioning her (Nancy is filtering question because she wants her to come back). If she has done as poorly communicating what she wants to say in a friendly environment, this could have the complete opposite effect you think it will.

I will kindly suggest that because you know her and know what she is trying to say you cannot see how she comes across, and because you have faith in her and believe her you are over estimating her abilities in this type of a situation.

Keep in mind you have no idea what someone may have dug up that they can't confirm enough to print but they can absolutely blindside her with a question in a press conference she invited them to.

Just make sure you are considering other angles than "Billie just needs to tell everyone what happened over a 72 hour period over a month ago and then things will be better and everyone can stop being suspicious of her".

Of all the possible outcomes that is the least likely even if she does well. The suspicious train has sailed. She needs to stop worrying about what people think of her, they already think it, ship sailed, let it go.

If your goal is to get the focus off Billie and on to Haley put Billie in front of the cameras to make more documented contradictions (some people just don't communicate well, doesn't make them evil, just makes them the wrong person for the job) is not going to do that.

imoo..... good luck

CZ

Above quote, IMO, bears repeating. I don't believe BD is involved in Hailey's disappearance, but almost every time I read a news story where BD is quoted, I have to go through all the evidence again to re-convince myself BD is not involved. IMO, the way she is presenting herself is not doing herself any favors, and I truly believe giving a standard press conference with several media representatives is going to make a bad situation worse. I strongly second IRH's suggestion to find one good reporter BD feels comfortable with, and do it that way.

Have we ever explored Hailey seeing something she shouldn't see? Bad guys don't like witnesses.

Well if circumstances are such that people keep getting threatened,which is totally unnormal,what bad guys are around that keep threatening thier lives and why?Was CPS ever contacted,the school anyone that could verify if Hailey had been threatened by some man?Did CD know about it,if not,why because he's her father?

And what do you base that on. It is quite a leap. Has something been reported other than that is how she met SA? ty

Well no, but it is how she met SA, and I don't think it's that far of a leap, but, jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrs_grimzilla