TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
:waitasec:Why is it bothering me now that there is a town named Dunn in Scurry county?
Was SA just messing with LE or is there more to it????

IIRC, BD told Nancy Grace that she (& Hailey) have family and friends in Scurry County. I think that was an example of SA telling LE the truth.

Of course he can and he would! What person is going to willingly take the fall for something that he knows his partner did??? Would you?? I sure wouldn't, I would give up my own brother before I would go to prison for something I didn't do. Shawn is not a saint, I am sure, and while LUV goes a long way, it is not worth doing a life sentence over!

He hasn't been charged with anything yet so why would he say anything? He might change his mind if he's arrested.

MOO

She stayed one time and her mother said she wouldn't let her again.

I think her mother was quoted as saying "the last time" she wouldn't let her stay overnight again... which indicates to me that it was more than once.

JMO, but I got the impression from that transcript that was posted upthread that Billie was wondering whether to believe MB that she had no contact with Hailey that Monday. When NG asked her about it, Billie said, "That's what she said." Kind of like, not sure whether she was telling the truth or not.

Oh wait....what time did Billie leave work again?
And wasn't that after she found out that Billie wasn't where she said she'd be?

I will have to pass on the time, but it was 12/27 and BD didn't discover
Hailey gone til noon 12/28??

I guess it can be read either way,I don't know of another article where she talked about it.I took it to be one time,but maybe not.Like she visted more and spent the night and the mother didn't like it.

Last time indicates more than once. IMO.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/06/helicopter-being-used-search-missing-colorado-city/
January 6th...
According to Adkins, Hailey had plans to spend the night at [MBG]’s home the night before she was reported missing by Billie Jean Dunn.

Cecilia Garcia, [MB]’s mother, said Thursday that [MB] considers Hailey to be her best friend, but Hailey never had been to the Garcia home to spend the night. [MB] had spent the night at Hailey Dunn’s home once.

Cecilia Garcia said the first time she saw Billie Jean Dunn was on television, when she appeared earlier on Grace’s program to discuss her daughter’s disappearance.

I agree. She is 13 years old. I think she is young enough that she should be "checked on". Especially at a house that she had never slept over before!!!
I don't get why she didn't talk to Clint that night just to check in and say something like "So Hailey stopped over today and then headed over to MB's? Did you talk to her mom and stuff?" etc.....
I dunno. My husband and i would have totally been in tune w/ where our kids were and what was going on. That's our job right?
I dunno.....maybe i'm just venting.

I agree with you to an extent, but there are some parents who want to establish trust with their kids, and it goes both ways. They know that at 13, or even 15 or older, some kids would be upset that their parents were constantly checking up on them and take that to mean they don't trust them. I know when I was a teenager, if my folks had called and checked on me every time I went to a friend's house I would have resented it BIG time. And my parents were pretty strict with me, as I was the last one left at home. In fact.... I'm not sure they didn't check up on me, I just may not have known it at the time!

Let me say, I amire you for being cautious, it pays to be these days. Billie said herself that she wishes now she had called and checked on Hailey. Unfortunately, she didn't, but I'm not sure it would have made a difference, because I think Hailey was already gone by Mon. night. But at least she would have made that missing report sooner.

I could have sworn I read that somewhere,but all these articles are blending in together.

Shawn is the main suspect. Why would he keep covering for Billie if she was involved, and risk going to prison for something she did? If she had any involvement in whatever happened, you can bet your boot he would have given her up by now, no doubt in my mind.

Why should he give up anything yet? He hasn't been formally charged.

If and when SA is indicted and his lawyer has a better idea of the evidence against him, he may be willing to give up anything or anyone in order to get a better deal.

I believe the theory about SA going to work, got anxiety about what had happened.
Whatever it was and back tracked by leaving his job.
Maybe SA thought the LE was already on his tail!!!
Something happened the night before..........JMOO

Just checked it out and to get to a certain town in NM that area would be out of the way, unless someone just went driving and just ended up there with no better place to drop it. MOO MOO

It could also be considered an out of the way route from Snyder to Big Spring couldn't it? He drove back to Snyder on Tuesday morning to take BD to work as per the timeline and went back to his mother's as per what he told BD.

MOO

Is BD's Mother sickly? I haven't seen her on any interviews. Was Hailey close to her maternal grandmother?

If and when SA is indicted and his lawyer has a better idea of the evidence against him, he may be willing to give up anything or anyone in order to get a better deal.

and the first to talk with a plea gets the deal............

when is this press conference by BD???
just local coverage?

Agree!! I think the LE are taking things slow waiting for all the forensics to get back and when arrests are made it will be SA and BD. At that time SA will spill the beans. Since he already has his attorney he will race to plea a deal!:twocents:

Of course he can and he would! What person is going to willingly take the fall for something that he knows his partner did??? Would you?? I sure wouldn't, I would give up my own brother before I would go to prison for something I didn't do. Shawn is not a saint, I am sure, and while LUV goes a long way, it is not worth doing a life sentence over!

Well Shawn hasn't taken the fall for anything yet. Now we might see him singing if he's placed under arrest. For the moment, keeping his mouth shut is working fine.

I think her mother was quoted as saying "the last time" she wouldn't let her stay overnight again... which indicates to me that it was more than once.

JMO, but I got the impression from that transcript that was posted upthread that Billie was wondering whether to believe MB that she had no contact with Hailey that Monday. When NG asked her about it, Billie said, "That's what she said." Kind of like, not sure whether she was telling the truth or not.

I got that impression too, and I thought it was just despicable for Billie to do that to a little 13 yr old girl on national television. What kind of person casts aspersions on a little girl like that?

Agree!! I think the LE are taking things slow waiting for all the forensics to get back and when arrests are made it will be SA and BD. At that time SA will spill the beans. Since he already has his attorney he will race to plea a deal!:twocents:

If anyone else is involved he will sing like a bird to get the death penalty off him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Royco