TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
In response to impatientredhead's query:
I wonder what chainsaw he used for this particular hobby, where it was located, and where it is currently.

With all due respect, not one of her three very specific questions is addressed in the affidavit. It mentions the chainsaw, and elaborates upon her statement that "The uncle mentioned the chainsaw issue, SAs youtube channel mentioned the deer and chainsaws before it disappeared." I don't think she had any questions about where the chainsaw statements might be found, but rather where the chainsaw itself might be found.

The way I read the post I responded to, I thought the poster thought that the chainsaw stuff was only on youtube. I offered the info because I happened to know it was in the affidavit, and I could quickly access it to post it.

I was trying to be helpful, ya know?

Sheesh.

I would think that Billie was being told to communicate with SA, if LE had not made a statement more or less removing themselves from Billie's comments last week. They could have just stayed silent, if in fact they were working with her.

I wonder if LE could have obtained a wire tap in order to listen to conversations in the home.

I was wondering if SA could have gotten a call during the time he was in CC and that prompted him to turn off his cell phone?

That's possible, but based on what that CNET article says (and CNET is a well-respected source in the tech world), I'm leaning more towards him having it on but just not making/receiving calls during that time, kwim?

If the company really does not log every little ping when we're all driving around and passing towers all day, then I think they just don't have a log of tower-by-tower pings as he drove around w/o making calls....hence the "break in usage" wording in the affidavit.

JMHO

Me too.

Except I would have to sleep in your van too!:crazy:

Oh, I wouldn't make you girls sleep in the van... I have room at my house an hour or so away, but I would have to tell the family you were cousins...Shhhh!

Every time I read something to this effect, which I do whenever LE shifts the focus to another theory or Billie does something unpopular, I just want to call my boss, tell him I'm taking time off, and get my butt to Colorado City to search.

I live 1,676 miles away and would have to sleep in my van.

This is ridiculous.

Yall are all more than welcome to come and help in the search! We need to find Hailey.

That's really too bad and from the way I see it, maybe if Billie were more forthcoming with the truth, people might regain their respect for her and be more willing to get out and search for Hailey. Sadly, Billie Dunn has no one to blame but herself by continuing to lie and evade the truth. I guess the community feels if Hailey's own mother can't be troubled to get out and search then why should they?

~jmo~

HAILEY deserves to be found. People need to keep that in mind. It almost seems spiteful to refuse to help a mother find her missing child because you do not approve of some of her choices.

That's possible, but based on what that CNET article says (and CNET is a well-respected source in the tech world), I'm leaning more towards him having it on but just not making/receiving calls during that time, kwim?

If the company really does not log every little ping when we're all driving around and passing towers all day, then I think they just don't have a log of tower-by-tower pings as he drove around w/o making calls....hence the "break in usage" wording in the affidavit.

JMHO

Sorry to quote myself but I wanted to bounce off that post.

I'm thinking the timeline went something like this:

- SA arrives in CCity/starts making calls from 6:35 to 6:56, possibly to someone else - an accomplice? Or, it could have been BD calling/texting while she was driving to work - asking normal questions like "What are we doing for supper tonight?" "Did you make it work okay?" "Are you picking me up after work or do I need a ride?", etc. (I do think it's interesting that the calls that pinged off that tower would fit perfectly for the time that BD was in the car on the way to work: 6:30-7:00. As if, "Okay, hon, I'm at work now - gotta go" at 6:56am...(MOO). But whose phone would she have used if her phone was left at home that day?)

- SA does something to Hailey (IMHO) after that time but does not make calls b/c he's either too busy, is with/meeting the accomplice that he may have called in my first point above, or both

- He obviously makes calls at his mom's, but the affidavit doesn't say anything about calls after that, which I'm sure LE knows.

- 2:40: last ping from the tower in Big Spring, while 2:16 was the text to Hailey's friend. Where was that from? Again, I'm sure LE knows. If it were from the house, then I'm assuming LE would be leaning more towards validating the sitings on Monday, 12/27. But since they're not, I'm inclined to believe that the phone ping for that text was not in CCity. MOO

Thanks Quiche, just jumping off of your post to tell what I am seeing in the area!

I live in the region, and I think that you would be hard pressed to find anyone who does not know that Hailey is missing. Unfortunately, everyone has also heard every ugly thing that people can dream up to gossip about.

I bring up the subject with students at school, the checkers at Walmart, and people I know, and I have not encountered one person...not even a kid from school, who does not know about Hailey. My students are her age, and they tell me that several of their teachers and parents have also reminded them to keep any eye for mention of her on facebook and myspace...just in case she is out there or someone starts to talk.

BD reaches far more people with the media than a person could hope to do with a flyer. Flyers are good and they are necessary, but the electronic media is absolutely indispensible in the search for a live child and the plea for witnesses or information. Not putting down anyone who does flyers or searches!

I would make the choice to use the media to the fullest to find my child. Others might choose to walk the fields to look for a body. Both are necessary, and each person should do what they do best.

I believe that LE has asked Billie to continue communicating with SA. Until we see LE confirm that, it will be just my opinion, and I doubt that LE will be offering any kind of information until there is an arrest.

The fact thay they took the trouble to publicly declare Billie "Not a POI", the fact that they did not also take that opportunity to say the same of Clint or anyone else tells me something as well. :twocents: LE in this case has been very lacking in the area of information released to the public...they don't want to tell us anything, but they made a special effort to try to stem the tide of suspicion about Billie by telling us that she is no longer a POI.

We have one suspect. We have one cleared of being among the POI's. We have "other POI's" who could be relatives, friends , enemies, associates or strangers. We have interviews by parents, friends and searchers. We have pleny to investigate without the other noise.

Moo on everything!:seeya:

The thing is MAYBE she is reaching more people than Clint..the only problem with that is shes not doing a very good job of it and is in fact alienating the media with her behaviour so how exactly does this help Hailey? Clint would be far better than her at it..at least he comes across as honest and a sympathetic figure that people will feel sorry for and maybe want to help.

JMHO

it would make more sense to me, break in usage meaning no calls in or out then 11 calls recorded 9.38 thru 2.40. i think its all in the wording in MO. I think the 11 calls recorded is as important as the break in usage. why were ELEVEN calls logged in 5 hours? if he was meant to be at work and hadnt told anyone that he was leaving or quitting then why were there 11 calls made? its not an obscene amount, but i dont think i get or make 11 calls in a whole day let alone a few hours.

i never thought anyone no matter how many horror films they watch would know or think about cell pings and taking out batteries. thats more silent witness/ CSI / dexter territory.

Are all these searches being done on foot? Just wondering, no atv's horses or anything that they could cover move ground?

Are all these searches being done on foot? Just wondering, no atv's horses or anything that they could cover move ground?

I am in Snyder and I have heard that they are using horses, ATVs and also some have gone up in helis to help find better search areas that the people on the ground may not think of. I believe (MO) that the 7wells area was searched on horse back around the 9th or so of Jan.

I know that the Laura foundation or Klaas's people usen a helicopter and someone used a plane, no anymore, though. Some used horses too.

TES has a drone with special camersa, underwater search equipment with special sonar...but they were apparently told by LE that the search area was too big. That makes no sense to me, since no underwater searches have been done at all, and they could look at private property with the drone if searchers aren't allowed in.

MOO

<respectfully snipped by meeeeeeee>

- 2:40: last ping from the tower in Big Spring, while 2:16 was the text to Hailey's friend. Where was that from? Again, I'm sure LE knows. If it were from the house, then I'm assuming LE would be leaning more towards validating the sitings on Monday, 12/27. But since they're not, I'm inclined to believe that the phone ping for that text was not in CCity. MOO

if the phone ping was not in CCity and was somewhere else, ie in big spring then surely LE would be able to bring SA in on something? i have assumed that the ping from that text is from CCity. how does it work? what evidence would they need to at least pull him in for questioning?

TBH though, in the UK people get arrested and held for questioning on suspicion of whatever the crime if there is the tiniest sliver of evidence, so if he was over here he would have been brought in long ago. we also dont use poly's as they are not considered reliable. the only time they really get used here is on the jeremy kyle show which is like the rikki lake show i think, a daytime show that has people fighting and arguing on it over who's kid is who's or had cheated on someone else.

I have totally changed my entire look of this case recently. The one thing that has turned me is that BD is seeing SA again, and FRIENDLY I might add.

I've been married for 30 years and love my husband dearly but if my daughter was missing, and my hub was named a suspect, no way in heck would I be talking to him, he would be out the door after I told him "Until the police has totally cleared you, I do not want to talk or see you" However not BD! My hinky meter went way off the chart when I learned she is friendly and seeing him again.

LE said she is not a POI, but I think LE has good reason for saying that even if they know it not to be a true statement. Catch my drift?

The black truck that was parked in front of BD's that was SA's, am I right in saying that I haven't seen it parked in front of the house in a few media interviews or pictures?

HAILEY deserves to be found. People need to keep that in mind. It almost seems spiteful to refuse to help a mother find her missing child because you do not approve of some of her choices.

That's an opinion by one poster, not a fact. All the recent articles, including interviews with the searchers, cite weather and exhaustion.

Nowhere in any article does it say that rumors have a thing to do with the slowdown.

So now we have a rumor that rumors are slowing the search down, started and being promulgated right here.

Hailey deserves her own forum. At this rate, she'll not get one.

I'm very frustrated.

It's just my impression that she is not a suspect and never was, I could be way wrong. I am well aware of what some LE do and say in these cases, but I have a feeling that by naming Shawn a suspect early on, while leaving Billie out of the equation, they may believe that she did not actually have a hand in whatever happened, BUT she may know more than she is telling them and is trying to deflect suspicion from Shawn, for some reason.

To me, it would seem more logical to have named BOTH of them rather than just Shawn IF they thought Billie had anything to do with the actual crime. I see no justification in allowing her to think she is in the clear while they continue to investigate Shawn, but it's possible, I guess. Since they named him a suspect so early on, they must be pretty certain he did whatever he did without Billie's help. And I just can't see Billie as being capable of deliberately hurting her daughter, but that's just my impression, I don't know her.

I hope this helps... again, I may be guilty of being TOO logical in my thinking, and if I am wrong, I have no problem with that.

I really appreciate you answering! So often I have a question like this and really, really am trying to understand a different POV, but I hesitate to ask someone that feels differently 'cause I don't want it to sound snarky...I'm just really curious, lol!

I sometimes feel that Shawn was named a POI a little earlier than was planned, but that's total speculation on my part ..:crazy:..and I have trouble seeing Billie harming Hailey as well..unless some major change came over her...It's the possible covering up for SA that concerns me most to be honest...

Whether we agree on some of the 'particulars' or not I just wanted to thank you again for taking the time to answer..:peace:..I would love to know how others feel as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500