TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could have specific rings for specific people. I do not know if that is the case, but I have had rings for different people, and he could have known the caller by the ring tone and was going to call back.

I thought about this as well, but I doubt he has a special ring for the Police, hospitals or anyone else who “could call”. Heidi, sure. But if it’s the Police or anyone else with possible information, he wouldn’t even know.

Last edited:
OMG thank yoooou Mods for opening this thread back up. Thank you @Tricia for giving specifics on what exactly is allowed to be said.

Here is something I’m very concerned about (for lack of a better term):

I’m only a few seconds into this video and I find it odd that his cell phone is ringing and he doesn’t even look at it. Sure it could be an unimportant call, but it could also be Heidi, the police calling with information, a hospital calling. This to me is one of the biggest flags yet - he says “I don’t care about the phone”, doesn’t even look at it. Sure the media interview is important if he’s trying to get the word out but YKWIM.

He may look at his phone later in the video, as I said I’m only a minute in but can somebody please give a reasonable explanation as to why you wouldn’t even LOoK at your phone in a situation like this. I would be GLUED to be phone jumping at every single call. Moo.

Video:
Boyfriend of missing Austin woman, baby speaks out
Hadn't thought of that, but you make a good point.

What I thought was odd is that he clearly said "her phone was shut off". How would he know that? Couldn't the battery be dead?

Austin police plan to give an update on their search for the pair on Tuesday – but Monday evening, KVUE learned that the FBI and Texas Rangers are joining the search.

Investigators told KVUE that they are trying to remain neutral and not jump to any conclusions. They are working the case from two possible angles: that Broussard left on her own and they need to know that she and her baby are safe; or that they are victims of foul play.

Investigators are scouring forensic data and conducting on-the-ground investigation, including interviewing all of Broussard's close friends and family and in some cases building a timeline of their whereabouts and alibis around the time Broussard and the baby disappeared.

Investigators are also looking at hours and hours of video, not only from the South Austin apartment complex where Broussard lives but also from nearby businesses. They tell KVUE they have knocked on every door in the complex to interview neighbors and they have done an analysis of the apartment for any possible forensic evidence.

So far, investigators say they haven't turned up anything that firmly indicates anything one way or another.

The entire Homicide Cold Case/Missing Persons Unit of the Austin Police Department – a total of about seven investigators – is investigating this case and as of Monday night, they have asked for and gotten help from outside law enforcement as well.
FBI, Texas Rangers join search for missing Austin mother, baby
BBM

I guess this means there ARE cameras at the apartment complex.

Did anyone at the school actually SEE the baby when the other child was dropped off? Was Heidi in her own vehicle?
We have not heard anything about the baby being there. There was a photo of Heidi at the school, smiling- I thought her arm looked like it might be carrying a baby carrier, but the photo was from the waist up, so you couldn't really tell.

Also, I wonder if she had a stroller for the baby? I've not heard any mention of one.

Hadn't thought of that, but you make a good point.

What I thought was odd is that he clearly said "her phone was shut off". How would he know that? Couldn't the battery be dead?
And why wouldn’t he think it odd it was turned off? Why would she go to her friends house, take her phone (but nothing else) only to turn it off? Isn’t that why we have cell phones? Especially if she had a son in public school that might become sick or injured and need to be picked up immediately.

Personally I think he should have been alarmed right away with what information we have so far. Certainly should not have taken until 7 pm.

jmo

It doesn’t matter. It can be a clue. That someone shares publicly photos of themselves pregnant (several), but none with their partner, and photos of their kids (several), and of them with their kids, but none with the other parent), it can be a clue. It can be part of a picture.

With utmost respect because I truly am interested in everyone’s take on this case (not just my own) I just find this to be such a defensive response, frankly. Part of an effort to defend this man against possible allegations, rather than to look at every aspect of the case to see what it could mean.

Because no one who is doing that here is considering that it could be a clue that supports the possibility that mom was done with the relationship and decided to leave voluntarily.

Yes, if she left she also left her son. Maybe she felt he was better off with dad or that she couldn’t take him. That father and son were super close. Maybe she snapped and wasn’t rational. Maybe she believed dad would never let her take his son but would let her take the new baby.

The point is I don’t understand approaching a case from the standpoint of trying to make it fit or not fit a certain a scenario. What’s common. What’s human behavior. What happened in this case. Are there clues. Was something going wrong. Had there ever been a rift.

I try to look at it all.

BBM

I really do hear you, Gitana (I love that name, btw) but, at least for me, there's nothing defensive. I'm cautious due to so many people who have been wrongly convicted of crimes, such as those who end up being released due to the work of the Innocence Project. Others have been wrongly accused of terrible acts, such as Richard Jewell. In all of those cases, people were positive they were guilty. I can't imagine a worse nightmare than being in the position of immediately having to be on guard and under the microscope, when loved ones are missing, because you're suspect numero uno (spouse). I'm reading along and clicking "like" on all of the posts who are going right where you are but I just can't. Not yet.

I have a question that has been smoldering inside of me. Have there been ANY video please from HER family? I have seen the partner/fiance and his father but no word from her family yet? If my daughters ever went missing, I would be camping out at the police station. I would be wearing the same clothes and looking sleep deprived and crying ugly tears. I feel like there should be an appeal from her family to find her and bring her home. If I missed an interview, please hit me up with a link. This is getting so weird. I hope we hear something more. Each hour that passes points to a bad outcome, IMO.

I haven't been able to get a handle on the actual timeline, facts, and details. Confused by changing or incomplete stories, and yet some things I've heard too many times I watched all the videos, including the uncensored one which was nerve wracking. Sorry, but maybe he's stoned or incredibly tired? JMO, he throws in added unimportant details. He stretched out his waking up with hitting the snooze button like we were all gathered there to hear about his mornings. Then again, having a new baby in the house is exhausting, and then this crazy thing happened and they disappeared. He might be so tired and in denial because he doesn't seem to realize how real this is or how he's coming across.

I think it's sweet the way he smiles with his eyes closed remembering something about her, okay maybe a bit out of place when giving an interview...but I hope it's genuine.
Honestly can't imagine how, but I wish this could have a happy ending.

I have a question that has been smoldering inside of me. Have there been ANY video please from HER family? I have seen the partner/fiance and his father but no word from her family yet? If my daughters ever went missing, I would be camping out at the police station. I would be wearing the same clothes and looking sleep deprived and crying ugly tears. I feel like there should be an appeal from her family to find her and bring her home. If I missed an interview, please hit me up with a link. This is getting so weird. I hope we hear something more. Each hour that passes points to a bad outcome, IMO.
Nothing from any other family, friends, or neighbors so far.

The silence is deafening.

imo

Marking my territory in the new thread.

So there is a PC tomorrow at 1 pm, huh? Who is transcribing? Any takers?
Wonder what they will have to report to us. Maybe some of our questions will be answered. Like where her purse was found, what time did she usually pick up their son. Was it verified that SC was at work during the times he said he was, if there is any indication of a crime scene. Had their been a fight in their apartment about 3 pm as a neighbor reported. (I do not expect them to address this one.) Is Bigfoot real? lol (OK, I don’t expect them to answer that one either.)

Hopefully, we’ll be given more info on this case, all we have is SC’s narrative and some confusing reporting from MSM. IMO

SO she probably wasn't killed in her apartment because its improbable that she and the baby were carried downstairs in broad daylight. So what are we missing?
Did she take the baby back downstairs later to leave to go somewhere? To flee? But as she was getting in the car, someone prevented her and he took her keys and cell. Her purse was in the car as I remember it.
Jeez, a struggle outside then!? Still that would be noisy.
I'm stuck.
Hoping she's safe somewhere. :(

You and me both! I hate having my picture taken. I am extremely short and feel I am unattractive. I have pics of my kids all over the house and on my social media. They are gorgeous/handsome in my eyes. My husband is a bit vain so I have lots of pics of him as well. Also have lots of pics of my pets but not of me. It is just how I am and have been. I will actively hide when it is picture time.

Those kids of yours need pictures of their mama ❤️

I had to force myself to watch that raw interview.... what the hell was that???? His comments of the crew making him nervous, he wants to look natural?? Who the hell says that unless they are concerned they look guilty? The body language is so telling to me and him needing to stop answering when he has to disclose specifics of the the day, losing track. The fact he can't even finish his statements, needing to stand up etc. soo bizarre. Very uncomfortable to watch thats for sure. I hope they make progress soon.
I had a hard time with his body language, and not bragging but my profession I have learned to read body language pretty accurately most of the time anyway. I watched the interview, and like you I kind of felt anxiety a bit as well and I do bot know why. I could not truthfully read him well.

And why wouldn’t he think it odd it was turned off? Why would she go to her friends house, take her phone (but nothing else) only to turn it off? Isn’t that why we have cell phones? Especially if she had a son in public school that might become sick or injured and need to be picked up immediately.

Personally I think he should have been alarmed right away with what information we have so far. Certainly should not have taken until 7 pm.

jmo
I agree with all of this, but part of me is just seeing a typical Austin “slacker.” That’s what we called Austin culture when I was at UT in the 90’s and I’m wondering if that’s what we’re seeing here with him. Slackers are still alive and well for sure in Austin. A slacker is super relaxed in their approach to life. Like REALLY relaxed. Weed and drinking a lot of times involved, slow paced, sleeping a lot, just kind of “hanging out,” you know? Being kind of confused and out of it is the norm and details is not really a strong suit.

Some of his behavior can be explained by this I think. Not getting alarmed as easily as we feel he should have etc..If he had nothing to do with it I can see how he would not be very polished on TV and under pressure.

But then logic and just being on WS tells me what’s most likely here. Just trying to see other possibilities.

I cant even make sense of throwing a sandwich on the grill, to be honest. Is this a southern thing that means something else? Or was that an ad-lib on his part?
I can assure you, it is not a typical southern phrase or popular southern kitchen endearment we Georgians are privy to. lol! Maybe a Texan thing?? So bizarre to me.

I agree with all of this, but part of me is just seeing a typical Austin “slacker.” That’s what we called Austin culture when I was at UT in the 90’s and I’m wondering if that’s what we’re seeing here with him. Slackers are still alive and well for sure in Austin. A slacker is super relaxed in their approach to life. Like REALLY relaxed. Weed and drinking a lot of times involved, slow paced, sleeping a lot, just kind of “hanging out,” you know? Being kind of confused and out of it is the norm and details is not really a strong suit.

Some of his behavior can be explained by this I think. Not getting alarmed as easily as we feel he should have etc..If he had nothing to do with it I can see how he would not be very polished on TV and under pressure.

But then logic and just being on WS tells me what’s most likely here. Just trying to see other possibilities.
Yeah. If we just had some concerning interviews, then it would be quite easy to chalk it up to “everyone is different, and everyone responds to crisis in a different way.”

I’d need more than that to be suspicious, but I definitely feel like those things are there.

The words, the body language, the timeline, and the scenario as a whole. But at this point, nothing is crystal clear, and there’s other possibilities in play.

Whatever happened, happened in broad daylight. It shouldn’t be hard for law enforcement to have a clear indication of what that is, whether it be foul play or something else.

I fully expect to have a much better picture in the next day or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa