TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why we parse every word that a person says who isn’t used to public speaking and who hasn’t prepared remarks in advance.

I’m not sure how much we know about her to be able to rule her out based on how she lived. Maybe you’ve done more digging into her life than I have.

Some interesting reading about trafficking and who it happens to:

Human trafficking is closer than you think - The Daily Texan
She's much older than the typical trafficked person; that's simply a fact. Highly unlikely.

Even your article refers mostly to youthful targets:

"Foster children, sexual abuse survivors, homeless populations, runaways, people living in poverty and immigrants are particularly vulnerable populations. Jorn says that they are victimized where they live, often by people they know.'​

He very plainly said at one point, “We have no persons of interest.”

This reminds me of the early days of Missy Bevers. LE saying they don’t have anything, and the public not believing it.

This reminds me of every case where Le stated they had no POI or suspect and later it became apparent they clearly did.

What didn't he do?
He didn't say he went to check on her at the friend's house nearby.
He didn't try to call that friend, even though Heidi didn't pick up the son!

Too many huge "tells" in this, sadly.

RSBM

Before this gets too much attention....

BBM - he states in that video that he called her friends, it's at about 1:50 of the video. He says he called his Dad, he said not to worry about it right now, then he says he called her friends and they hadn't heard from her. He then says he called the cops and they came over around 7:30.

The 7:30 thing is also not "news" today, it was in that video as well. The reporter asking questions even asks again and he says he called around 7:15-7:30.

Boyfriend of missing Austin woman, baby speaks out

She's much older than the typical trafficked person; that's simply a fact. Highly unlikely.

Even your article refers mostly to youthful targets:

"Foster children, sexual abuse survivors, homeless populations, runaways, people living in poverty and immigrants are particularly vulnerable populations. Jorn says that they are victimized where they live, often by people they know.'​
YES. VULNERABLE populations. Not what happened here.

RSBM

BBM - he states in that video that he called her friends, it's at about 1:50 of the video. He says he called his Dad, he said not to worry about it right now, then he says he called her friends and they hadn't heard from her. He then says he called the cops and they came over around 7:30.

The 7:30 thing is also not "news" today, it was in that video as well. The reporter asking questions even asks again and he says he called around 7:15-7:30.

He still doesn't say he called HER/the friend where he claims he thought she went. He does not specify that he went to or called the supposed friend nearby. (Wouldn't you just GO there if it was in the same complex?) He just says a generic "I called her friends." I fixed original post.

Last edited:
In the Fox 7 news video, what is in his left pocket? Looks like a needle with blood on it!

I found it odd that both times his phone rang, the dad went to try to grab it from his pocket (and it wasn't even in that pocket). Who does that?

The border makes a lot of sense to lots of people for lots of reasons. I don't buy it in this case at all.
Yes, it's easy enough to get to but would sex traffickers have much ' use/need/ desire' to take a 2 wks post childbirth woman down there? I don't think so. Plus a baby is a big headache to kidnappers unless they specifically wanted a baby of their own to raise and if that were the case, the border would not likely be in play. If she were running away on her own I doubt if she'd go to the border either. It's become a very dangerous place on both sides the last several years and she would likely know that from watching the news. She would certainly not attempt to get there without supplies and ID. I will be stunned if she has crossed the border on her own free will or at the hands of any ' captors'.
Sigh NVM

RSBM

I thought he said he called around 7 and police arrived around 730. LE said they received a call at 730. Two different versions.

moo

That has struck me as off since I first heard it. I have never heard anyone ever refer to their infant as a woman. That'll she be an X kind of woman one day maybe. But calling her a beautiful woman? I mean when I first heard that I was all, "What? What other woman is also missing?!" I was completely thrown off. It would not have occurred to me that he was calling a 7 or 8 lb baby a woman.
Not sure why we parse every word that a person says who isn’t used to public speaking and who hasn’t
Yes, but women aren’t kidnapped off the street with any regularity, and forced into sex trafficking. That’s not how it works.

It’s typically a lengthy grooming process, one that involves victims who live high risk lifestyles. Throw a baby into the mix as well, and you’re talking about something all but unprecedented.
I’m not sure how much we know about her to be able to rule her out based on how she lived. Maybe you’ve done more digging into her life than I have.

Some interesting reading about trafficking and who it happens to:

Human trafficking is closer than you think - The Daily Texan
https://www.dailytexanonline.com/2018/07/16/human-trafficking-is-closer-than-you-think
https://www.dailytexanonline.com/2018/07/16/human-trafficking-is-closer-than-you-think
These are all evidence that they’ve been working. I don’t see much in here that strongly points to this case being solved. So when I said they were “struggling”, I didn’t mean “not working”. But working the case and solving the case are two different things. When they say, “honestly, we don’t have a POI”, why don’t we take that at face value? I’m just wondering how it makes sense to throw away the word “honestly” while making much ado about a reference to “recovery” rather than “rescue”?

Please cite one case from an MSM source of white women or tiny children being kidnapped in the states for trafficking and taken south of the border.
I didn't say they were going to the border. Someone else stated an FBI expert on HLN was concerned about the border. I stated they didn't need to go to the border. Plz read my statement. I thought we were trying to brainstorm not call ppl out.

I have listened to all of SC’s interviews twice and found listening to him without watching him to be the most telling. When you listen to him without seeing the tears, laughs and swaying it’s easier to pay attention to what he actually says. The long unedited one really reminded me of CW when he was being interviewed by the detectives. Giving lots of details of no significance “I kissed them both, I said I love you, drinking water, gave them an extra half hour of sleep” then when asked what happened after that he was absolutely unable to answer. Never did get back to answering for that huge time gap, got extremely anxious then subject jumped to how wonderful his “fiancé “ is. If you haven’t listened to the long unedited video that Pommy has posted several times, I suggest you do it!

Not the OP, but I don’t think their post said anything about being taken south of the border. In fact, they said that one could be transported to other areas of the city or surrounding states. Unless I’m missing something, reference to race or Mexico was not in the OP’s post.

Exactly. I did not SAY they were taken by traffickers, just that this DOES exist due to the location of the highway known for it. The highway spans from the top of this continent down through central America and further south. It is a corridor for all manner of crimes. That was my point. I was trying to show ALL possibilities. I do not think this is what happened, just that it is a possibility and all possibilities must be considered.

Just watched the outdoor interview. Have you ever seen someone that upset, crying the whole time, pretty innocent looking body language, not using the past tense, begging convincingly for shares and attention and they still ended up being responsible? He’s not solving the black matter conundrum for sure, could he be that sophisticated? Gosh, now I’m not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod