TX TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem 15-17, UP10722, 'He Smurfs Me' TShirt, Oct'12 #2

Merry Christmas, Smurfette. I'm sorry that this is the third Christmas and you still don't have your name back yet. Hopefully 2016 is the year.

Hope you'll be identified soon. Urgh, Christmas on WebSleuths, never good.

May 2016 be the year that you get your name back, Smurfette. xx

I know this is late and OT but chiary (sp) malformation? did smurfette have this? my half sister's daughter has and she is on her third surgery to repair it :( it keeps leaking so the closure wont heal.

I had always thought paired w the bad teeth and possibly not being reported missing ever, that smurfette had gorwn up uncared for and possibly malnourished. probably repeating what many have said upthread :(

Want to mention that we still need to watch this Kimberly to see if a DNA sample comes available. I posted about her in post 1600

TX - Kimberly Abigail Orellana, 12, Falfurrias, 9 Aug 2012

My daughter & 2yr old grandson have it. With my daughter, she was always clumsy growing up. She would trip going up or down stairs. It wasn't until puberty that her body started attacking itself. We had no clue what was going on. She always had strep/ tonsil issues (me too); she was diagnosed with mono spring 2008 (age 15), from there had a bad year with tonsil, also fell going down steps. She didn't recover after having tonsils removed, she got very sick, lost 80lbs. We were going to Children's Hosp Philly (age 16) when my hub was DX with cancer. Thankfully my daughters health was stable for a little bit; then headaches started age 17. Her spine started giving her issues at this point, she had bad spasms that took forever to get under control. Finally found a chiro who said her ribs were popping out of place. At one point I was helping a girl with her 3yr old daughter having CM brain surgery when I went to FB groups with her, started reading, here was my daughters mystery illness. It has taken 3 years to get her diagnosed. Doctors are clueless.

There are a few decent CM doctors in Texas but it's very possible she was not diagnosed or was not having symptoms.

I know this is late and OT but chiary (sp) malformation? did smurfette have this? my half sister's daughter has and she is on her third surgery to repair it :( it keeps leaking so the closure wont heal.

I had always thought paired w the bad teeth and possibly not being reported missing ever, that smurfette had gorwn up uncared for and possibly malnourished. probably repeating what many have said upthread :(

Please tell your 1/2 sister to look for CM FB groups, there is one called Beyond the measurement, they can give her reputable surgeons because not all are qualified to do surgery and can actually make a person worst to were they will have a "bobble head" which can be fatal from it being unstable.

My 23 year old daughter and 3 year old grandson have it, have not had surgery. I haven't had a c-spine MRI yet to see if I have it too, it's possible your 1/2 sister has it but isn't showing symptoms.

thanks for the info.

she herself is a trauma RN but I know that she might not be an expert in the field of CM. her daughter is 20 years old. she has been operated on at Sharp in San Diego,CA, do you know if that one is reputable?

Please tell your 1/2 sister to look for CM FB groups, there is one called Beyond the measurement, they can give her reputable surgeons because not all are qualified to do surgery and can actually make a person worst to were they will have a "bobble head" which can be fatal from it being unstable.

My 23 year old daughter and 3 year old grandson have it, have not had surgery. I haven't had a c-spine MRI yet to see if I have it too, it's possible your 1/2 sister has it but isn't showing symptoms.

thanks for the info.

she herself is a trauma RN but I know that she might not be an expert in the field of CM. her daughter is 20 years old. she has been operated on at Sharp in San Diego,CA, do you know if that one is reputable?

Sorry, been swamped. Most are on the east coast; there's one in TX. There's a Dr B in NY where you can send your MRI's and histoyr, he will email what he sees then does a video conference I think. My daughter saw a guy in trenton NJ who won't see my daughter cause she's too complicated lol. She wasn't going to use him, will either be Dr B or a guy in Maryland

BRIANDA.jpg

It's October, another year has past. Found one girl in Mexico that matches our dear Smurfette, but just a tad to old.

View attachment 103074

It's October, another year has past. Found one girl in Mexico that matches our dear Smurfette, but just a tad to old.

You know what, I actually really like this potential match. The age doesn't totally bother me, as I am sure I remember Lyssav once saying that Dr D had said that although she was very confident that Smurfette was 15-17, if she did happen to be older, then 23 would be the absolute maximum that she thought Smurfette could be.

Her hair is very like Smurfette's (dark, wavy, hint of red), she is short enough to be our girl, she looks to have an overbite, and the bridge of her nose is nice and narrow. Also, it might be the angle of the photo, but she even looks like she might have the 'eye thing'.

Plus, I remember that Dr D had a tip that Smurfette might have been called Brianna. Brianda is a very similar name, which could easily have been confused for Brianna.

Great work, Houston Mom!

If this young lady was born on 21/09/94 and passed away in September 2012, she would have been either 17 or 18 depending on the actual date of death.

I think the "21 years old" was referring to the fact that if she was still alive when the person was updating the missing persons site she would have been 21 years old prior to last month.

I don't think she is too old at all, and especially with the tip suggesting Smurfette's name could have been Brianna, or something similar to Brianna, really think this is an excellent possibility.

Thank you for your comments! I'll go ahead and submit her...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back