TX TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem 15-17, UP10722, 'He Smurfs Me' TShirt, Oct'12 #2

The shirt is shown in this person's collection from Australia but who has relocated to the US:

http://www.sgtpapas.com/MiscItemsClothingPage1.html

Possibly just a pickup from a Goodwill store for this girl but maybe the shirt info would help with retailers or distribution in the area. I was also wondering if it was a promo shirt handed out and never sold in stores. I'm not sure if I saw the tag in the police photos on the original thread or in news reports. Just saw this story on the news and picked up here. Excuse any repeats of ideas

I think it's possible with the mention of "adult lingerie" not matching the kids clothing, maybe "Smurf" grabbed whatever to escape if she was held in a trafficking situation. I didn't catch the mention of shoes but could have missed it. But I did see where her left hand and foot were missing due to possible scavenger activity so I assumed no shoes.

That's a good theory as far as promos. I still think the lingerie was likely related to the trafficking itself, ie someone dressed her that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found this at eBay today:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Smurfs-Wome...Me-He-Smurfs-Me-Not-Shirt-New-S-/121165131998

Sold out of West Jordan, Utah, in fact listing ended today, so here is archive.is link in case it totally disappears:

https://archive.is/sc2hd

The eBay user who listed the shirt sent me this response today:

unfortunately this was a Wal-Mart shirt that could have been bought anywhere, I bought it on clearance at the Walmart on 5600 west and about 6200 south in West Valley, Utah. looks like I listed it in 2013, so it was probably regular stock in 2012 or early 2013

Maybe nothing, maybe something

Hello everyone, I hope this thread is still active. So The South Sexas thing is very interesting. I'm from south texas and I definitely got the south texas vibe when I first read her story. She does look like someone that might be from there. She could have been an illegal immigrant. I remember my mother would traffic illegal immigrants coming in from mexico( or other countries) and would get them to Mcallen Tx and from there ALL of them would come to Houston. I remember a lot of young girls coming into the country and just getting in to cars that were supposed to take them to their destinations. And as far as the clothes is concerned, some traffickers would have extra clothes for the immigrants so they could change because they would come in the U.S with their clothes all dirty with mud and they didn't want border patrols/police noticing they were illegal immigrants. So honestly that was my first thought when I saw her story

Kimm 11 I am glad you posted. Also when I saw the current reconstruction photo circulating with the new article I thought the girl looked very South American. The timing of her discovery co incides with the surge of South American immigrants who have been crossing Mexico to come to the States. & Unfortunately victimization of women in this migrant group starts as soon as they start mingling with strangers on the way to the border. It's completely likely that this UID met her fate while either resisting traffickers or rejecting the advances of a man she was living with.....

I follow this thread all the time, If I remember right, I read an article stating that her blood work is what lead them to believe she was biracial or mixed. The thing though that strikes me as wierd, is that in the news segment, they said she had very good dental care, I was always under the impression that her teeth were in a state of someone years older, aside from the fact that she had protruding teeth /overbite? Can't remember of the top of my head but maybe some others will remember what i'm talking about. I'm soo happy though that there is more news stories to keep this fresh, she deserves her name back :(

So much work and info in thread 1. Here is the dental info-
Dentals: Available
Comments - The crowns of teeth 3 and 14 have been destroyed by caries and the alveoli show signs of associated infection. The base of the crown and the roots are in situ. Teeth 1-2, 16-17, and 32 have been removed and the alveoli healed or the teeth did not develop.

TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem UP10722, 15-17, 'He Smurfs Me' TShirt, Oct'12 #1

Four years later Smurfette receives news coverage. Dr D worries about her having been trafficked.

http://www.khou.com/news/investigations/teen-still-unidentified-four-years-later/352694126

Could you please pass on the info about the shirt being bought a Walmart? As for her bra and underwear, most teens I know have been wearing thongs since 15 or 16, back 7 years ago. Now with teens wearing Pink, anything goes.

She very well could have been a friend of my daughter if we lived in TX.

NamUs
Blue-green short sleeve t-shirt (no size) . Smurfette on front with daisy and the words, "He smurfs me, he smurfs me not". Tan cargo pants, size 5. Black bra (34C), pink thong underwear, bobby pin in hair.

Kimm 11 I am glad you posted. Also when I saw the current reconstruction photo circulating with the new article I thought the girl looked very South American. The timing of her discovery co incides with the surge of South American immigrants who have been crossing Mexico to come to the States. & Unfortunately victimization of women in this migrant group starts as soon as they start mingling with strangers on the way to the border. It's completely likely that this UID met her fate while either resisting traffickers or rejecting the advances of a man she was living with.....

That's CarlK's recon.

I was looking at the generic looking NCMEC CT-scan recon of Smurfette, and decided to liven her up a little bit.

5cdda185-23fe-4200-a6ec-795339a32bbd.jpg
078638ee-7178-4633-91b0-946ea6fe3a19.jpg

(Note that this facial reconstruction is based on the NCMEC reconstruction (above left) that was created from a CT-Scan image of her skull. This is only an estimations of how she might have looked in life. Details such as her overall look, and the shape of her eyes, lips, etc. are not intended to be exact depictions)

Wow she looks just like smurfette!!! I believe they said her hair was dyed a burgundy red colour and you can see hints if red

I notified them a couple of weeks back that my teen daughter has the exact same shirt and it was purchased at Walmart. We live 45 minutes west of Austin, TX.

I notified them a couple of weeks back that my teen daughter has the exact same shirt and it was purchased at Walmart. We live 45 minutes west of Austin, TX.

I found one on eBay and traced it to a Walmart - sounds like the same one. I hope they take your tip seriously.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Extra suggestion- is anyone familiar with facebook groups used by high school students & young adults in the Austin TX area? It's likely that Smurfette had friends her age who would recognize the clothing & photos. Also foster kids are highly reliant on the kindness of friends since a lot of foster homes are not necessarily welcoming places....Someone might be wondering where she went since it's only been about 4 years since she died. Keeping her info out there locally is bound to jog memories. PS Undocumented people could be willing to pass on tips via CrimeStoppers or another person without documentation issues to worry about...

A good find re: Jazmiry, good work!

A comparison image:

bfzckP7.jpg

And some links. I have a standard NamUs account but it's giving me the same error.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/hernandez_jazmiry_hernandez.html

http://www.missing-usa.com/news/missing-jazmiry-hernandez-hernandez-nc?uid=1078

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hernandezhernandez_jazmiry.html

I think this is a strong lead, it's hard to shake the similarity between the images.

When Namus locks down a profile, sometimes it means the person has been found. I really hope this was a match!

Yes, it seems Jazmiry made it home for Christmas. Smurfette, however, remains unidentified.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back